Guns n' Roses confirmed at Hellfest

The Glow Inc.

Not likely IMO. Little comments here and there from a couple band members have hinted that there will be no European shows in 2012. We'll see though. Either way, I don't plan on flying abroad for Maiden until the Maiden England tour, unless there's a year without North American dates between now and then. I'd really liek to spend a solid 2 and half or 3 weeks doing European shows on that tour ;)

Well, I heard they dropped hints here and there that they might play jsut a couple of date shere and there this summer. Ah well, the future will prove one of us right or wrong. :D

Yea, 2012 is definitely going to be a light year. I don't know exactly what will happen yet, but I do know plans changed significantly from what they initially wanted to do for 2012. The original idea was a fifth leg of The Final Frontier Tour, bringing the full production to North America since we only got the pre-album tour in 2010, plus the Florida dates last year. They were gonna do a solid 2 months starting in mid-April, but that's obviously not the case any more. I'm thinking it'll be more along the lines of the second leg of the Dance Of Death tour in '04, just do maybe 20 dates wrapping up all the places they didn't take the show in 2011; hopefully a handful of US dates, Japan (They really deserve some gigs after last year...), maybe India and Dubai again?

On Nicko's drum clinic tour in Europe last fall, he'd tell anyone that asked if the band would be on tour in 2012 "yes, but you'll have to do a quite a bit of traveling to see a gig" (Paraphrased). That's one reason to rule Europe out. Second, Maiden are a big gun on the festival circuit, they're always one of the first bands announced for any given festival. With so many festival lineups having been announced now and no mention of Maiden, that's another strike against a European tour IMO. Third, Maiden always announce headlining gigs in Europe way in advance, the last few tours have all been announced 8 to 10 months in advance. That would put us looking at October to December should they follow this pattern, and it's very well known the band aren't keen on fall/winter tours anymore.

OK OK, you win. :P

But:

What do you mean? Is there such a big difference between European and USA festivals/concerts? I didn't know that. Could you elaborate a bit?

Missed that one. It's kind of hard to explain (much easier to get after experiencing it), but a lot of it just comes down to the passion and mindset of the crowd. Especially with the metal, the European crowds just "get it" more. Seeing Maiden at Sonisphere in Sweden, with 65,000 other people singing along word-for-word to all those obscure songs they pulled out in 2010 was one of the most incredible moments of my life, especially in contrast to seeing 5 shows in North America 2 weeks prior, and hearing from the supposed die-hards in every venue comments about how much the setlist sucked, etc. The European crowds just appreciate the music a lot more than North American crowds in general, and I definitely got a bit of the Euro vibe at Heavy TO last year. Not sure if this helped at all or not. I'm not sure about who else on here has seen shows in both Europe and North America, but I'd love to hear anyone else's take on this.

OK OK, you win. :P

But:

What do you mean? Is there such a big difference between European and USA festivals/concerts? I didn't know that. Could you elaborate a bit?

Missed that one. It's kind of hard to explain (much easier to get after experiencing it), but a lot of it just comes down to the passion and mindset of the crowd. Especially with the metal, the European crowds just "get it" more. Seeing Maiden at Sonisphere in Sweden, with 65,000 other people singing along word-for-word to all those obscure songs they pulled out in 2010 was one of the most incredible moments of my life, especially in contrast to seeing 5 shows in North America 2 weeks prior, and hearing from the supposed die-hards in every venue comments about how much the setlist sucked, etc. The European crowds just appreciate the music a lot more than North American crowds in general, and I definitely got a bit of the Euro vibe at Heavy TO last year. Not sure if this helped at all or not. I'm not sure about who else on here has seen shows in both Europe and North America, but I'd love to hear anyone else's take on this.

U should come to Argentina to see a show of maiden :thumbsup: