My brief review of Roseland last night

Jax

The place is old and really in need of repairs but its still pretty cool. I love old buildings, did anyone notice the plaques dating back to the 1930's on the wall of couples who fell in love there (it used to be a skating rink) can I say the word "charming" on this forum?

Stage was bare, no GNR signs or anything. I made the mistake of going in at 9:30. We got a spot up front and stood there like sardines for 2 hours - which included listening to one of the worst opening acts ever- they were 60+ year old men, ouch! Only the Stones can get away with that. We gave up our spot and moved back because everyone was pushing and shoving really bad. I just wanted to have a good time and not fight with d bags. We moved around to find a better spot but it was packed everywhere we went. Not sure how many Roseland holds but the greedy effer's sold too many tickets. So much for small intimate venue.

GNR came on at 11:30ish. Pretty good show, no surprises. Yes, Axl's voice was off on several songs. The audience singing along helped covered that fact at times. He did nail Civil War which was my favorite of the night. Axl looked good, still wearing hats and the sweaty leather coat all night-- I wish he'd take it off and show us his guns! People were saying his hair looked shorter, I thought it was a lighter shade too. Beta came out and got the place to sing Happy Birthday to him. It was sweet. She'll probably do it at the next show too.

All in all I love Axl and all his new band members- they put all heart in and it shows. This is why I go. It doesn't matter to me which songs they play. Any GNR song old/new or on/off is good!

Question: I left a few minutes early to catch the train- I was wondering if they dropped all the red heart shaped balloons that were up in the ceiling all night. Were they a part of the show? If so, nice!

The place is old and really in need of repairs but its still pretty cool. I love old buildings, did anyone notice the plaques dating back to the 1930's on the wall of couples who fell in love there (it used to be a skating rink) can I say the word "charming" on this forum?

Stage was bare, no GNR signs or anything. I made the mistake of going in at 9:30. We got a spot up front and stood there like sardines for 2 hours - which included listening to one of the worst opening acts ever- they were 60+ year old men, ouch! Only the Stones can get away with that. We gave up our spot and moved back because everyone was pushing and shoving really bad. I just wanted to have a good time and not fight with d bags. We moved around to find a better spot but it was packed everywhere we went. Not sure how many Roseland holds but the greedy effer's sold too many tickets. So much for small intimate venue.

GNR came on at 11:30ish. Pretty good show, no surprises. Yes, Axl's voice was off on several songs. The audience singing along helped covered that fact at times. He did nail Civil War which was my favorite of the night. Axl looked good, still wearing hats and the sweaty leather coat all night-- I wish he'd take it off and show us his guns! People were saying his hair looked shorter, I thought it was a lighter shade too. Beta came out and got the place to sing Happy Birthday to him. It was sweet. She'll probably do it at the next show too.

All in all I love Axl and all his new band members- they put all heart in and it shows. This is why I go. It doesn't matter to me which songs they play. Any GNR song old/new or on/off is good!

Question: I left a few minutes early to catch the train- I was wondering if they dropped all the red heart shaped balloons that were up in the ceiling all night. Were they a part of the show? If so, nice!

Thx for the review :thumbsup: it was nice to read after reading the other topic where everyone who wasnt there talks shit :confused:

How was the band interaction with the audience? Besides DJ ofcourse, we know his moves

And how about the guys in the band? Did u think they have some fun? Any good memory ^^?