On the heels of the "Patience" misheard lyrics ...

GnR Chris

I was listening to "Mr. Brownstone" recently and it had me wondering, what are the proper lyrics:

"I don't worry 'bout nothin', no, 'cause worry's a waste of my ... time."

or

"I don't worry 'bout nothin', no, 'cause worryin's a waste of my ... time."

I always thought it was the first.

If anyone is wondering what the hell I'm talking about on "Patience," I created a thread once about how Axl starts his lines with "Said" a lot and used "Patience" as an example ("Said, woman, take it slow.") Then suddenly a lot of people chimed in that they had always thought the words were "SAD WOMAN."

AND on another note, I also created a thread asking if the line in "Welcome to the Jungle" was "You can taste the bright lights but you won't get them for free." or "won't get THERE for free."

The consensus was "Patience" was of course "Said woman" and "Jungle" was "THEM for free."

Anyway, I have a nice history of creating retarded threads. And this is one of them. But I am a Gn'R nut, so how could I not know the lyrics to "Mr. Brownstone"? Kinda hard to tell on some live versions I've watched, but in any case, live Axl sometimes changed up the words. Case in point: "Patience" where he sings, "put my mind at ease" rather than "set my mind at ease."

Edited by GnR Chris

This thread is a waste of my fuckin' time.

Just kidding, couldn't resist. :rofl-lol:

I'm 99.1658165165 percent sure it's "worryin's a waste of my fuckin' time." Or on the AFD version, replace the profanity with an elipsis.

You can hear it very clearly on Live: Era '87-'93.

The second one but seriously...I can think of dozens of songs that could be deciphered in different ways.

It don't really matter.

Touche'

Misheard lyrics aren't limited to GNR,look up Iron Butterfly's "Inna Gadda da vita"

Or Hendrix's Purple Haze.

But admittedly GNR does "add" or "substitute" words at shows, always has.

I think it's 'Worrying' but then again I did think it was 'There' for free so mayhap i'm wrong :lol: Either way the message of the lyric fits.

WAIT WAIT WAIT. Stop the presses. Mayhap? What are you, an 80 year old?

Mayhap? :shrugs:

Spelling Police says it's "they're" not there :o

I always thought in Sorry he sang "to hell with depression" when it's actually "to hell with the pressure" :lol:

Guess that's why our parents always say they can't understand what bands are singing about.

I think it's 'Worrying' but then again I did think it was 'There' for free so mayhap i'm wrong :lol: Either way the message of the lyric fits.

WAIT WAIT WAIT. Stop the presses. Mayhap? What are you, an 80 year old?

Mayhap? :shrugs:

Spelling Police says it's "they're" not there :o

I always thought in Sorry he sang "to hell with depression" when it's actually "to hell with the pressure" :lol:

Guess that's why our parents always say they can't understand what bands are singing about.

Ask your parents to decipher "Louie Louie"

Or that damn song by the singing nun,I guarantee you she isn't singing "Ace of Spades"

• 4 weeks later...