Can't f'n believe I missed this again!!!

troccoli

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item4ab4b534aa&item=320859354282&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=D9MlZ3MNbehU5bon7vaSbay3BK8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Although I do find it kinda funny that the seller lists it as used (I'm sure not). Is it empty? Did someone actually eat the crap inside?

Edited by troccoli

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item4ab4b534aa&item=320859354282&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=D9MlZ3MNbehU5bon7vaSbay3BK8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Although I do find it kinda funny that the seller lists it as used (I'm sure not). Is it empty? Did someone actually eat the crap inside?

i didnt :thumbsup: !! i won this lot to http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170792142551?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 , the seller says (i think ) that it comes with the can but says that its in not very good condition ! ill just wait and see !!

i didnt :thumbsup: !! i won this lot to http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170792142551?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 , the seller says (i think ) that it comes with the can but says that its in not very good condition ! ill just wait and see !!

Nice pick up, sorry I jacked up the bid price.

Nice pick up, sorry I jacked up the bid price.

no worries marcus , everyones entitled to bid , just glad tim forgot otherwise i wouldnt be the owner :tongue2: !

I have the spaghetti, just not the sauce. I did see that other auction but like the ignorant fuck that I am, I didn't realize that it also came with the sauce so I didn't bid! What's interesting about the latest auction here (the one that I missed entirely) is two things. First the way it's described - promo kit. Does it come with other material I wonder? Secondly, that seller is usually pretty descriptive with their items if you look at their completed items, but wrote nothing for this auction. Weird.

I have the spaghetti, just not the sauce. I did see that other auction but like the ignorant fuck that I am, I didn't realize that it also came with the sauce so I didn't bid! What's interesting about the latest auction here (the one that I missed entirely) is two things. First the way it's described - promo kit. Does it come with other material I wonder? Secondly, that seller is usually pretty descriptive with their items if you look at their completed items, but wrote nothing for this auction. Weird.

im thinking the seller didnt know to much about this item , thats why the description was quite vague , he probably bought a load of stuff and that was amoungst it , when it does turn up ill let you know whats in the parcel and if anything else is with it , fingers crossed there will be !! when the spaghetti arrives if the can is ok ill drop you a message and we can do a deal if you like ?

im thinking the seller didnt know to much about this item , thats why the description was quite vague , he probably bought a load of stuff and that was amoungst it , when it does turn up ill let you know whats in the parcel and if anything else is with it , fingers crossed there will be !! when the spaghetti arrives if the can is ok ill drop you a message and we can do a deal if you like ?

sounds good, thanks!

I thought the description was interesting too so I asked the guy about it during the auction. I asked:

Do you still have the photo info sheet it came with?

Was it an Italian pressing of the TSI lp it came with too?

Their reply:

the kit included photo,infosheet all in an A4 folder coloured with band logo. I think all the stuff was inported from usa, translated and sent to selected radio. Frankly I do not remember if they sent a 45 or lp. Archives for records and papers were in different rooms so i took away very few complete kits. I fear I sold long time ago the folder kit and kept this tomato tincan on my library.

Yeah I bid on it too Colin coz I actually need to get myself one of these again. So far I have owned 2 of these and both of these over time have expanded and then exploded. Not spectacularly obviously but the contents have leaked and fucked up the label and I have had to throw them out. It gets pretty hot in summer here where I live, so I was particularly careful with the second can I got after my first experience and actually kept it in the kitchen pantry which is cool and dark. Yet after about a year the fucker did the same thing. The contents inside seem to heat up and ferment causing it to rupture the tin. If I get another one I am seriously thinking of putting a hole in the bottom and draining it so it doesn't happen again.

Tim whilst you are kicking yourself for missed auctions and spaghetti incident items, did you see this one?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220962485707?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1257wt_933

I thought the description was interesting too so I asked the guy about it during the auction. I asked:

Do you still have the photo info sheet it came with?

Was it an Italian pressing of the TSI lp it came with too?

Their reply:

the kit included photo,infosheet all in an A4 folder coloured with band logo. I think all the stuff was inported from usa, translated and sent to selected radio. Frankly I do not remember if they sent a 45 or lp. Archives for records and papers were in different rooms so i took away very few complete kits. I fear I sold long time ago the folder kit and kept this tomato tincan on my library.

Yeah I bid on it too Colin coz I actually need to get myself one of these again. So far I have owned 2 of these and both of these over time have expanded and then exploded. Not spectacularly obviously but the contents have leaked and fucked up the label and I have had to throw them out. It gets pretty hot in summer here where I live, so I was particularly careful with the second can I got after my first experience and actually kept it in the kitchen pantry which is cool and dark. Yet after about a year the fucker did the same thing. The contents inside seem to heat up and ferment causing it to rupture the tin. If I get another one I am seriously thinking of putting a hole in the bottom and draining it so it doesn't happen again.

Tim whilst you are kicking yourself for missed auctions and spaghetti incident items, did you see this one?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220962485707?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1257wt_933

Well if I do get one I will have to take this under advisement! Damn, would be great to have all the other promo stuff it comes with. As for the cast iron auction I can say that at least I have one. But I am jealous I missed that because damn that went cheap! Looks like I'm gonna have to start checking those international sites again. When will I learn...

I'm actually the person who won the Cast Iron SI auction and felt really happy/lucky to get it for that price . Just arrived this week and it's a beautiful piece for sure, great new addition to the collection. I've got the Spaghetti Incident radio also so was very glad to add this to my SI promo items.

I'm actually the person who won the Cast Iron SI auction and felt really happy/lucky to get it for that price . Just arrived this week and it's a beautiful piece for sure, great new addition to the collection. I've got the Spaghetti Incident radio also so was very glad to add this to my SI promo items.

Congrats it was a mega cheap pickup. That's why I was gonna bid despite already having one bu I woke up too late.

i tried to bid but the seller didnt open the auction up to worldwide bidders , is yours numbered ? seller didnt say what number it was ! nice pick up !!

• 1 month later...

The number is 399 out of 1000 . I know people prefer to get the lowest numbers possible but I'm just happy to have anything !

hey look what i got ! i got it through a forum member and a good friend at a great price and its a low number to :thumbsup:

2w7enx1.jpg

2upg6xd.jpg

Not gonna lie that's nice

Really cool ! How much did you pay for yours, if you don't mind me asking ?

Was wondering aubout this, is this a kind of bootleg? I mean, was there any legal stuff made up for this? The cd itself was made in france if i noticed correctly....

The cast was made in the UK??

And, seeing some without numbers, and noticing the way the numerberd plate is attached, it could very well be the un-numbered ones "lost" their plates??

Reason i ask, well, there are some other items from other bands, that were made with permission, but not really authorized legally. Hence the limited numbers it is made in, and in this case, people were able to pre-order (the lower numbers were handed out to them) (as i have understood lately)

Might be fishing for info that is not there, but was just curious....

Edited by Spook-eend

Was wondering aubout this, is this a kind of bootleg? I mean, was there any legal stuff made up for this? The cd itself was made in france if i noticed correctly....

The cast was made in the UK??

And, seeing some without numbers, and noticing the way the numerberd plate is attached, it could very well be the un-numbered ones "lost" their plates??

Reason i ask, well, there are some other items from other bands, that were made with permission, but not really authorized legally. Hence the limited numbers it is made in, and in this case, people were able to pre-order (the lower numbers were handed out to them) (as i have understood lately)

Might be fishing for info that is not there, but was just curious....

most people say they are unofficial just like the illusions wooden boxset plus the spaghetti incident wooden boxset plus also the top hats , i was told some companys buy alot of stuff and put them in a boxset to make some extra money , i bought a spaghetti incident wooden boxset that come with a t shirt with a gun logo on it which is the exact picture that is on the cover of the illusions wooden boxset so it looks like the same company made the 2 boxsets , the numbered plates on the cast iron cd holder are not held on by much so its quite possible for them to come off , tims probably your best bet for info on this item has he has a numbered one plus one with no number which he says is a promo !

as i have understood, this is also the case with that "Sweden-Box-Set".

Contains some unsold items that were left over or just sitting arround a warehouse or what ever.

A buyer comes along, makes an offer, thinks for a way to make an extra buck and combines some stuff, and there you go, the fans get the stuff again.

The real problem with sorting this stuff out for real, is there is no way to find out who what or where. Because record companies do not reply, and bootleggers are unknown or out of reach.

Same as i have found out when i was trying to figure out, what went wrong with my red November Rain. I contacted some records pressing companies here and there, and got some information about the procces of making those discs, and so i asume ways that went wrong and stuff, but there is no real way to know for sure.

Contains some unsold items that were left over or just sitting arround a warehouse or what ever.

A buyer comes along, makes an offer, thinks for a way to make an extra buck and combines some stuff, and there you go, the fans get the stuff again.

The real problem with sorting this stuff out for real, is there is no way to find out who what or where. Because record companies do not reply, and bootleggers are unknown or out of reach.

Same as i have found out when i was trying to figure out, what went wrong with my red November Rain. I contacted some records pressing companies here and there, and got some information about the procces of making those discs, and so i asume ways that went wrong and stuff, but there is no real way to know for sure.

In my opinion the Swedish boxset is legit. I have no way of proving it of course, but in most of the cases where a boxset is made by a bootleg company, while the items inside might have official logos, usually the box itself does not. But on the back of this item you have the blurb about WEA records, and the WEA records logo. I really don't know why the record companies can't reply. At the very least they should reply for the for sure official stuff - I mean the made money off of that stuff, I'm sure they kept track of that. Even the promotional stuff I would think they kept track of. Maybe they destroy the records after a certain amount of time? I always thought about writing a published GNR collecting guide with professional photos and as much detail about each item as possible. But ideally the best way this would happen would be with the cooperation of the record companies involved. One day...

In my opinion the Swedish boxset is legit. I have no way of proving it of course, but in most of the cases where a boxset is made by a bootleg company, while the items inside might have official logos, usually the box itself does not. But on the back of this item you have the blurb about WEA records, and the WEA records logo. I really don't know why the record companies can't reply. At the very least they should reply for the for sure official stuff - I mean the made money off of that stuff, I'm sure they kept track of that. Even the promotional stuff I would think they kept track of. Maybe they destroy the records after a certain amount of time? I always thought about writing a published GNR collecting guide with professional photos and as much detail about each item as possible. But ideally the best way this would happen would be with the cooperation of the record companies involved. One day...

that would be very interesting to do , although theres probably an item or 2 that no one knows about and after you publish it will appear on ebay or here , for example the patience 7" with free badge ive never seen another one and never seen one in anyones collection or website , ill be more than happy to help you if you decide to do it plus many other collectors would for sure ! the best website out there for info is yours tim , i always refer to it for info about official releases !!

Tim, don't get me wrong, i don't mean it's not legit, wrong choice of words there. I would not really call it a bootleg as such, but more, well, an agreed deal.

I have seen it being done with other bands too. Many copies of singles are made, some were even remade to fill the box. After a certain time, sales decrease, and this is a nice way to keep selling singles, as in the box set, trow in a shirt and a patch, and there you go, a collectors item.

Not judging, but to my idea, those ideas do not come from the record companies, or maybe they do, but i think they are started by third parties. And doing some stuff like that, not being a bootlegger, the quality must be above avarage, and the company logo's are to be shown. Hell, even a real cat. no. will be made up for it.

My doubts about that box came by comparing it with some other boxes. Stuff is made under license so to speak. But they are filled with left overs, and i am pretty sure there are third parties involved there.

Ow well, it's to much to do all alone, so, if interested, i have made a little start with vinyls only, hahahaha, Took many really high res pix, and scans, only vinyls.... many GB's allready on images now. if some-one else does the cassettes, you do the specials and lil'hon takes the cd's, we'll be done by christmas (2078) :xmasssanta:

My doubts about that box came by comparing it with some other boxes. Stuff is made under license so to speak. But they are filled with left overs, and i am pretty sure there are third parties involved there.

Speaking of leftovers, some official things use leftovers too, just look at the shit they are putting in the exclusive fan package for the website members. Haha

God I'm glad I haven't signed up to pay thru the nose for that steaming heap of shit.