Does anyone know wether Axl Rose is currently using a vocal coach?

SMG

While watching the "Rock of Ages" trailer....(Starring Tom Cruise who used "Axl Rose's vocal coach for the film) I'm just wondering, as 2010 was so raw and powerful...and then the current state of his voice...when was the last time he was involved with one? And if so, who has he previously worked with/working with?

While watching the "Rock of Ages" trailer....(Starring Tom Cruise who used "Axl Rose's vocal coach for the film) I'm just wondering, as 2010 was so raw and powerful...and then the current state of his voice...when was the last time he was involved with one? And if so, who has he previously worked with/working with?

I don't think anything has been substantiated but I certainly hope so. I think he used Bach's vocal coach for the 2006 tour? I could be wrong on that one but he sounded sublime. He looks slimmer now so hopefully he takes this tour seriously vocal-wise.

Doing Vocal Warmups as well as warmdowns is essential for a vocalist,on TMS w/Eddie T. I believe this was briefly touched on.

Also the rider includes "bear shaped containers of honey" honey/warm water is good for the pipes and the bear-shaped container simply insures that the same brand is used.

Some companies use unfiltered honey,or include honeycomb.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's had different types of vocal coaches over the years, but prob. more so when GNR started headlining arenas. I'm sure he took it more for granted before he made it big. From that thread about Rapidfire, it sounds like he "found" his voice in that band. Sometimes people don't know what they have until they stumble upon it, or they're insecure about it that they keep it hidden.

http://www.ronandersonvocals.com/about-ron.php

I think the last time Axl was "really" looking after his voice was in 2006, and you can tell by the way he sang songs like LALD, YCBM and Nightrain. Now he seems to be letting loose again, and going for everything with his full rasp, and putting as much into everything as he can.

Where as in 2006, I think he once said something along the lines of how he worked with his vocal coach to sing the songs in a "safe" way, as appose to going ALL in..... I think if you look back to some 2006 bootlegs, I think you can notice this coming into effect.

But as appose to now, I think he is again putting everything into EVERY song, which is not always good because he could be damaging his vocal chords by singing this way.

I would like to see Axl take a step back abit, and sing songs like LALD the way he did in 2006. ;)

Edited by One.In.A.Million

I think the last time Axl was "really" looking after his voice was in 2006, and you can tell by the way he sang songs like LALD, YCBM and Nightrain. Now he seems to be letting loose again, and going for everything with his full rasp, and putting as much into everything as he can.

Where as in 2006, I think he once said something along the lines of how he worked with his vocal coach to sing the songs in a "safe" way, as appose to going ALL in..... I think if you look back to some 2006 bootlegs, I think you can notice this coming into effect.

But as appose to now, I think he is again putting everything into EVERY song, which is not always good because he could be damaging his vocal chords by singing this way.

I would like to see Axl take a step back abit, and sing songs like LALD the way he did in 2006. ;)

To me, 2006 was the best he has been since the 90's(some of the 90's), 2012 is a very close second though. I did not notice much rasp during the 2011 shows and only on a select(Philly) few shows during 2012 on some songs. Still wouldn't stop me seeing them live, I went in seeing them in 2007 not knowing who was in the band(I knew the original line up weren't in though) or how Axl's vocals were. Best fucken show ever.

To me, 2006 was the best he has been since the 90's(some of the 90's), 2012 is a very close second though. I did not notice much rasp during the 2011 shows and only on a select(Philly) few shows during 2012 on some songs. Still wouldn't stop me seeing them live, I went in seeing them in 2007 not knowing who was in the band(I knew the original line up weren't in though) or how Axl's vocals were. Best fucken show ever.

You forgot 2010. 2006 is a strong year vocally, but 2010 is much better.

Guest gunns5

you mean 'was', unfortunately for us, we are now talking in past tense.

Hard to justify making fun of someone who can't tell time when you don't know what year it is. ;)

Guest gunns5

Hard to justify making fun of someone who can't tell time when you don't know what year it is. ;)

unfortunately for some, all they got is precious time... :xmassrudolph:

OMG, if Axl is using a vocal coach, then tell me who is the man, so I'll never hire him.

I personally don't think Axl trained for the 2011 tour, he came in rough as. 2010 was a different kind of rough, he had the rasp but it was wayyyy too unstable and harsh. 2006 he came in good right off the bat and in shape, he looked great and had style. For me, 2006/07 was more consistent than 2010 but both were excellent.

Maybe I'm alone on this one, but someone mentioned earlier "best versions" of LALD...personally, I was a huge fan of 2002's LALD.

For the most part 2002 was probably Axl's toughest year vocally in my opinion...but LALD had those sustained jet engine screams.

Maybe in a round-about-way you just solved the "what happened to Axl's voice from 2010 to 2011 RIR? His coach was coaching Tom Cruise instead of Axl! Lets hope that's what happened. PErsonally Axl's voice on this last tour lacked consistency. Good some shows bad others, good some songs, bad others. Listen to youre crazy, sounds great every time he sings it, CW typically very good YCBM or SCOM on the weak side.