SLASH Talks GUNS N' ROSES ROCK HALL Induction On 'George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight' (Video) - Apr. 12, 2012

gunsguy

This Saturday (April 14), GUNS N' ROSES will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, nearly 25 years after the release of the band's landmark album "Appetite For Destruction".

Guitarist Slash dropped by the studios of CBC's "George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight" (formerly "The Hour") recently, and host George Stroumboulopoulos had a chance to ask him about his reaction to the honor.

Slash: "It's a really great honor, but at the same time, it's ... it hasn't sunk in yet. ... I remember, I first heard about the whole Rock And Roll Hall thing, the fact that we were going to be eligible, in 2007 when VELVET REVOLVER played in place of VAN HALEN for their induction. And somebody had said, 'You know you're going to be eligible in 7, or 5 years,' and I was like, you know, sort of like, 'Wow, yeah,' right? And I put it out of my mind, so when the nomination came, it was pretty heavy. That was when it felt the most special."

George: "Yeah, it's gotta be a cool place, because so much water has passed under the bridge, and there's obviously a lot of whatever personal stuff that went on, but for the public, that record meant a lot to them, right?"

Slash: "Yeah. And, it's sort of a drag, because we're not going to get together and play."

George: "You won't do it, eh?"

Slash: "Well, I mean, I would, but it's just the way it's working out."

Watch for the full "George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight" interview with Slash when it airs next month.