The Strange Case of Alice Cooper to be released on DVD

Becket

LIVE 1979 - THE MADHOUSE ROCK TOUR

This title will be ready for shipment on May 29, 2012. Please note that all orders made before then will be shipped on this date.

The Strange Case Of Alice Cooper is more than a concert film. It is the warped tale of one man's descent into madness, a theatrical rock 'n' roll spectacle that could only emerge from the twisted imagination of Alice Cooper.

Filmed during a stop on the Madhouse Rock Tour in 1979, Strange Case was inspired by Alice's stay in a New York sanitarium and the people he encountered there. Vincent Price introduces the proceedings as ghoulish doctors and transvestite nurses cross paths with dancing bottles of alcohol. All the while, Alice performs songs off his album From The Inside, as well as many of his most well-known and best-loved hits.

This is the DVD debut of the extremely rare film, taped on April 9, 1979, in San Diego, California, long sought after by fans. Only previous home video release was a quickly deleted and now very pricey VHS.

The DVD also contains a brand-new commentary track by Alice Cooper.

[setlist]

From The Inside

Serious

Nurse Rozetta

The Quiet Room

I Never Cry

Devil's Food

Welcome To My Nightmare

Billion Dollar Babies

Only Women Bleed

No More Mr. Nice Guy

I'm Eighteen

The Black Widow

Wish I Was Born In Beverly Hills

Ballad Of Dwight Fry

Go To Hell

How You Gonna See Me Now

Inmates (We're All Crazy)

School's Out

http://alicecooper.com/strange-case-alice-cooper-dvd

I'm really looking forward to this. :shades:

Saw this a while ago...thought someone mentioned it on here but maybe not. Definitely picking this one up, From The Inside is my favorite Alice solo album so it'll be great to have all of those live tracks. The VHS rips on YouTube are all dreadful quality.

Saw this a while ago...thought someone mentioned it on here but maybe not. Definitely picking this one up, From The Inside is my favorite Alice solo album so it'll be great to have all of those live tracks. The VHS rips on YouTube are all dreadful quality.

From The Inside is my favorite too. that one and Dada.

• 3 weeks later...

Well,I can see why Shout Factory just went with a DVD release and not blu-ray.

Not sure blu would enhance this much more than what they could do with DVD.

First impression I had when I put this on was...this is a jacked up print from a copy of the original VHS release.

A friend of mine owns an actual VHS original release of this,and I've had a copy of this for years...in pretty good shape.

This release isn't that many notches above it (sound is polished though).

In small writing on the case it says "audio,video were mastered from the best known sources".

It's not a mint cherry release...but it's Alice...and it's pretty damn cool! B)

• 1 month later...

Finally picked this one up. I'd never watched the entire concert on YouTube but a couple clips. First thing I've got to say is, while the band sounds killer...fuck was Alice in rough shape! His voice is just dreadfully bad, and he's all over the place with timing. Its really a shame only 3 (I think?) of the FTI songs have been played live at all since the Madhouse Rock Tour. They're such good songs and really deserve to be played more. I mean, The Quiet Room would sound so cool with Alice's current voice and I'd be fine with it being the main ballad for a tour or two.