Petition for GNR to release "Rock am Ring 2006" officially on DVD/Blu Ray

Velvet Revolver is releasing their 2008 show that aired on "Rockpalast" in Germany on DVD/Blu Ray:

GNR should make a deal to release their 2006 "Rock am Ring" show (which also aired on "Rockpalast") on DVD/Blu Ray.

They wouldn't have to do much work, as we know the video/audio was excellent from the TV version. Plus, they could maybe include the solos/"Out Ta Get Me"/"Madagascar" (not broadcast) as bonus tracks.

It was an excellent performance that deserves to be seen by as much people as possible.

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather see a more current DVD showcasing the current lineup, perhaps one of the Europe 2010 or 2012 shows. Could stick a few songs from the Paris acoustic show and some backstage footage on and have it out. That way they don't waste the potential new material before an album is ready, but it would at least get something out there, a revenue source and tide fans over.

Again, wouldn't hold my breath though, and the upcoming live stream should be pretty awesome in terms of footage.

They should release all of there club shows from 85-86 first

I don't think that would be possible. Everyone was worried about what would happen to the current band if Axl appeared at the HOF. Just imagine what releasing the shows you mention would do to the current band.

Most bands that have ever had a concert aired on Rockpalast seem to have a version of that show in some capacity on Amazon. I have a feeling they happen without band permission somehow.

If GNR were to release a DVD, which would be awesome, releasing that one seems a little silly for a bunch of reasons. I am hoping the stream this week comes out really well too. I also don't think Rock AM Ring was one of the best shows of 2006 to be honest, its just a case that everyone has seen it and Nightrain was so powerful.

Edited by Chinaski

Most bands that have ever had a concert aired on Rockpalast seem to have a version of that show in some capacity on Amazon. I have a feeling they happen without band permission somehow.

If GNR were to release a DVD, which would be awesome, releasing that one seems a little silly for a bunch of reasons. I am hoping the stream this week comes out really well too. I also don't think Rock AM Ring was one of the best shows of 2006 to be honest, its just a case that everyone has seen it and Nightrain was so powerful.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think GNR started recording every one of their arena/stadium shows until 2009.

The 2006-2007 shows weren't all filmed - the exceptions are the festival shows where the band was recorded by the festival organizers (Download, Rock am Ring, etc.).

So Rock am Ring is probably the best bet we'd have for a filmed show from 06-07 that can be used for DVD.

EDIT: I think even Axl realized that Rock am Ring was being recorded/not just another show, as he was mugging to the cameras.

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Velvet Revolver is releasing their 2008 show that aired on "Rockpalast" in Germany on DVD/Blu Ray:

GNR should make a deal to release their 2006 "Rock am Ring" show (which also aired on "Rockpalast") on DVD/Blu Ray.

They wouldn't have to do much work, as we know the video/audio was excellent from the TV version. Plus, they could maybe include the solos/"Out Ta Get Me"/"Madagascar" (not broadcast) as bonus tracks.

It was an excellent performance that deserves to be seen by as much people as possible.

i'd love 2 purchase rock am ring 2006 on dvd/blue ray!

Is there an audio bootleg of those songs??

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Release a show en masse representing a now defunct incarnation of Guns N' Roses? That would be indefensible; an insult to the current incarnation & a massive wave in the sea of ambiguity regarding GN'R.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Release a show en masses representing a now defunct incarnation of Guns N' Roses? That would be indefensible; an insult to the current incarnation & a massive wave in the sea of ambiguity regarding GN'R.

1) It would not be "indefensible". It would be giving fans high quality DVDs of legendary concerts by beloved lineups of the band

2) It wouldn't result in a sea of massive ambiguity. The Rolling Stones recently released DVDs from 1972 and 1968, when Mick Taylor and Brian Jones were in the band. They are both long out of the band. There was no sea of confusion as to who was in the Stones. It was simply a treasure for the fans.

3) It would not be an insult to the current incarnation as the current incarnation have done nothing outside of touring as GN'R.