Petition for GNR to release "Rock am Ring 2006" officially on DVD/Blu Ray

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Felt Forum 1988!

That had the best You're Crazy starts of slow then BOOM it's amazing

That whole concert was fantastic. The band was on fire that night!

Axl will never release any live material of the old band as he does not want to promote anything where Slah was invovled. This was pretty much confirmed by Marc Canter......I also doubt you will ever see anythingfrom previous incarnations of NuGuns but maybe Axl will allow the release of a live video of hand selected songs from concerts of the curret band that he dems are up to snuff...Don't see him ever releasing a complete NuGuns Video or audio as he is very anal about his performances and he has his ups and downs during the shows.........

Axl will never release any live material of the old band as he does not want to promote anything where Slah was invovled. This was pretty much confirmed by Marc Canter......I also doubt you will ever see anythingfrom previous incarnations of NuGuns but maybe Axl will allow the release of a live video of hand selected songs from concerts of the curret band that he dems are up to snuff...Don't see him ever releasing a complete NuGuns Video or audio as he is very anal about his performances and he has his ups and downs during the shows.........

Right, but Rock am Ring had him in good voice the entire show. That's rare for any incarnation of GNR.

I also don't think Axl realizes that dumping a live show to CD/DVD counts as an album release towards GNR's contract with his label. He could make friends with Geffen again without much effort on his part.

I believe every non-club show from 2009-present has been recorded in HD, so he could pick and choose his best performances and release a "Best of Guns N' Roses Live" DVD.

Right, but Rock am Ring had him in good voice the entire show. That's rare for any incarnation of GNR.

I also don't think Axl realizes that dumping a live show to CD/DVD counts as an album release towards GNR's contract with his label. He could make friends with Geffen again without much effort on his part.

I believe every non-club show from 2009-present has been recorded in HD, so he could pick and choose his best performances and release a "Best of Guns N' Roses Live" DVD.

rock am ring 2006 is one of the great concerts in the new rock era

Why on earth would you want something you already have? I watched RAR many times already, I rather get another gig. And of course Axl wouldn't want to release a live recording if its not with the current lineup. Your best bet is Thursday's gig.

Any release on Blu ray would be sick.

Any release before 2009 aside from RIR, RAR and Download in 2006 would be low resolution, so wouldn't make sense to have a Blu-ray. Specially those who want a 1988 show in that format: it was all recorded in VHS (or beta, in the case of the Japanese recordings) with shitty audio impossible to restore for losless quality. The best they could do is a DVD release and it would still be really low quality.

I don't think there is a complete show recorded in 16mm and I think they only started recording gigs in HD (maybe 1080p, but I don't know) after 2009.

Edited by Voodoochild

They should release all of there club shows from 85-86 first

this is so obvious.do we have to wait for Axl to die before we get these?

Axl said he had the demo tapes the original band recorded between 1994-1996. I would love to hear those but I think Axl will burn everything regarding the original band before he dies.

any petition for new releases from new guns n' roses would only serve to illustrate how crushingly little demand there is for new releases from new guns n' roses. if you guys really love axl, you won't try to embarrass him in this way.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

any petition for new releases from new guns n' roses would only serve to illustrate how crushingly little demand there is for new releases from new guns n' roses. if you guys really love axl, you won't try to embarrass him in this way.

The last I checked, it took 3 former members, combined with the singer from a hugely successful group in its own right, with a reality television show and a shitload of promotion from every member of the band; to outsell CD in the U.S only. Correct me if I'm wrong on that, because I haven't checked in a long time.

That doesn't stop the former members from releasing their flops though, does it?

The last I checked, it took 3 former members, combined with the singer from a hugely successful group in its own right, with a reality television show and a shitload of promotion from every member of the band; to outsell CD in the U.S only. Correct me if I'm wrong on that, because I haven't checked in a long time.

That doesn't stop the former members from releasing their flops though, does it?

look, i'm no huge fan of slash's post guns work. so if you're expecting me to argue with you about it, you're going to be disappointed. but slash didn't need petitions to release stuff. and if he did, i'd expect there to be an even more underwhelming response to any petition on a fan forum. especially for vr.

i'm not making fun of axl's album or the left-overs. at least in this thread. i'm talking about how futile and embarrassing it would be to watch you guys try and petition a release a dvd of the old version of the new band playing their versions of the old old band's songs. if you think anyone wants this dvd, try asking 20 random strangers on the street.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

Of the 2006 shows, this would definitely be one of the best choices. This and LA. That show is amazing...

This petition thing will never work though, unless someone like Eagle Rock Entertainment got the rights to do it.

Let's hope the show on the 31st is being recorded for a blu-ray release.

look, i'm no huge fan of slash's post guns work. so if you're expecting me to argue with you about it, you're wrong. but slash didn't need petitions to release stuff. and if he did, i'd expect there to be an even more underwhelming response to any petition on a fan forum. especially for vr.

I just don't understand why you take issue with fans of the band wanting something to be released. Not that a petition would do anything other than get a facepalm out of Axl.

Edit: I didn't see your edit, but I do agree with that.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Rock am Ring would be one of the worst concerts to choose for a DVD. There's already perfect quality videos all over YouTube, this is one of only a handful of GN'R concerts we have with this caliber of quality. There'd be virtually nonexistent sales even from the diehard GN'R fanbase.

House of Blues 2001 or a Hammerstein compilation would be good choices for their significance. One of the private acoustic shows would be good, since limited bootleg footage is available and the CBGB's video held such standing in the old GN'R legacy. Reading 2010 would be classic since it'd give a big wtf moment for viewers who didn't already know what happens at the end.

If they do release a DVD, I hope the concert is chosen based on the significance and quality of the performance and not the lineup. Any band is going to have some moving parts over a decade's time, it's a bit optimistic to think there's ever going to be a flat GN'R lineup that remains unchanged for 5 albums. A single DVD release doesn't define the band, it's just a snapshot of a good performance - and there's no reason why a subsequent DVD couldn't be released for a future performance from the current lineup.

Axl should follow the Louis CK model and ready these shows for dload for $5 a piece on the website. YOU could have your pick of any show pro-shot from the last 20 odd years. That way he doesn't have to put a whole lot of money into it upfront. He just has to hire someone to convert the video to MP4 (or any format) and use paypal to rake in the cash. Fans would love it and it would give the GNR website a true purpose.

Edited by jellyzero

def one of their best performances back in '06, although i think having time to properly prepare it in post-production was part of the reason. in other words they worked out the kinks that the band seems to always run into with live streams. axl's scream on 'jungle' still sends shivers down me spine!

Axl should follow the Louis CK model and ready these shows for dload for $5 a piece on the website. YOU could have your pick of any show pro-shot from the last 20 odd years. That way he doesn't have to put a whole lot of money into it upfront. He just has to hire someone to convert the video to MP4 (or any format) and use paypal to rake in the cash. Fans would love it and it would give the GNR website a true purpose.

seriously... how many people do you think want to pay to download new guns n roses bootlegs? there aren't but probably 50 people in the world that would want them for free. i think axl would have better luck baking cookies.

seriously... how many people do you think want to pay to download new guns n roses bootlegs? there aren't but probably 50 people in the world that would want them for free. i think axl would have better luck baking cookies.

I was under the assumption that GNR fans bought GNR products... There are 41,404 members on this board so if half of them bought only one show, at $5, that would bring in $103510 before Paypal fees. Seems like a worthwhile venture to me.

half the forum members at least are duplicate accounts. plenty more are people who gave up years ago. still more are people who don't like chinese democracy. of the remaining few who are at least mildly engaged in future of new guns n' roses, still only a fraction of those would be willing to buy bootlegs. iit may seem like a worthwhile venture to you, but that's why you're not managing bands.

Heaps of bands do it.

If you look, he said "pro-shot", not "bootleg" - i'd happily pay for a few direct-download pro-shot shows (look at how many people paid for the crappy webstreams last year - enough to pretty much crash their servers).

There isn't a huge cost in doing something like this; even if it were only a couple of hundred people that paid for and downloaded a show, it would be a profitable venture. I went on the Pearl Jam website and paid like $10 a few years ago for an audio copy of the show I attended, and I'm by no means a huge Pearl Jam fan. Hell, Slash did it too!