Two firsts tonight

Tonight:

-Marks the first time Izzy Stradlin has performed with GN'R since 2006

-Marks the first time GN'R performed 14 Years since 8/31/1991, which was Izzy's last concert as a member of Guns N' Roses. They did not play it after he quit at all. He did not play it with them even when he rejoined in 1993 when Gilby hurt his arm.

Edited by Indigo Miser

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty sad that the highlights are still Axl playing old songs with old band members. I can't wait to hear 14 Years though.

yea very sad. a fucking tragedy. an outrage frankly.

obviously for most band's that peaked 20 years ago, it's new songs with new members that are generally considered the highlights.

This isn't even that band. I bought into New GNR because I thought Axl was going to try and build it back into something other than a glorified cover band of his old band.

It's pretty sad that the highlights are still Axl playing old songs with old band members. I can't wait to hear 14 Years though.

obviously for most band's that peaked 20 years ago, it's new songs with new members that are generally considered the highlights.

This isn't even that band. I bought into New GNR because I thought Axl was going to try and build it back into something other than a glorified cover band of his old band.

why are you still here then?

Because in the meantime he made 10000 posts and doesn't want to not be able to show it off.

Because in the meantime he made 10000 posts and doesn't want to not be able to show it off.

I'm waiting for new music to be released.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. People bitched relentlessly when Axl didn't do a one-off at the R&RHOF. Now he does a one-off with one of the most important songwriting contributors of the old band, annnnnd... people bitch.

Well that is your problem right there. This is a rock n' roll band. Not a political party. There's nothing to buy into to. Either you like the music and performances or you don't. This is the problem with so many of you. You allow a rock band to turn into this complicated symbol attached to tons of emotional baggage.

It's silly. If you like the music and performances, awesome. If you don't, awesome. It's music. There is no right or wrong. There's nothing to buy into. There's nothing to argue about. Either you like it or you don't. If you don't, find music you do like.

Rock bands release music. Cover bands play music that was released by other bands.

You might wait a long time. Go do something else.

You might wait a long time. Go do something else.

And you are here to champion youtube videos?

Well that is your problem right there. This is a rock n' roll band. Not a political party. There's nothing to buy into to. Either you like the music and performances or you don't. This is the problem with so many of you. You allow a rock band to turn into this complicated symbol attached to tons of emotional baggage.

It's silly. If you like the music and performances, awesome. If you don't, awesome. It's music. There is no right or wrong. There's nothing to buy into. There's nothing to argue about. Either you like it or you don't. If you don't, find music you do like.

Rock bands release music. Cover bands play music that was released by other bands.

Chinese Democracy lineup on the record:

Axl, Buckethead, Robin Finck, Paul Tobias, Bumblefoot, Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, Brian Mantia, Frank Ferrer, Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman

current lineup:

Axl, Bumblefoot, Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman

7 out of the 11 people who were on Chinese Democracy are still in the current touring band. Paul Tobias is also still in GNR but as a writer in the studio.

Edited by Indigo Miser

The two lead guitarists on CD are both long gone. Sure, you've still got Bumblefoot, but he didn't write anything and his lead playing on CD was utter crap.

He still played leads so he was still on the record...so it counts, even if you think it's crappy, that's subjective, but in either case he's still on the record.

Axl, Dizzy, Chris, and Tommy were the core songwriters of New GNR when it began, they're still there. And Tobias, also a core songwriter, still works with the band behind the scenes he just dislikes touring.

Edited by Indigo Miser

This band ain't selling tickets based on the strength of Bumble's Elephant solo on Shackler's or shred solo on CITR. Bucket and Robin were the Slash and Izzy of New GNR whereas Bumble is just a poor man's shredding version of Gilby Clarke.

The two lead guitarists on CD are both long gone. Sure, you've still got Bumblefoot, but he didn't write anything and his lead playing on CD was utter crap.

These all sound like great reasons for you to find something else to do with your time.

Only on a New GNR board would you get attacked like this just for wanting to hear the rest of the new music that Axl worked on for over a decade. That is all. Peace!

Edited by Randy Lahey

if you have more passion for nu-gnr than ol-gnr it's a disappointment. izzy doesn't show at HOF. but izzy does this. the robin finck one off is more exciting than izzy. the poster is right. we're looking for nu highlights. if we want the past......we can check youtube and see the past. like izzy performing 14 years with axl in 1991. we want something different since it is dj, bumble, and richard. not slash, duff, and izzy. we want change. we're looking for nu-gnr highlights with new material

This band ain't selling tickets based on the strength of Bumble's Elephant solo on Shackler's or shred solo on CITR. Bucket and Robin were the Slash and Izzy of New GNR whereas Bumble is just a poor man's shredding version of Gilby Clarke.

These all sound like great reasons for you to find something else to do with your time.

Only on a New GNR board would you get attacked like this just for wanting to hear the rest of the new music that Axl worked on for over a decade. That is all. Peace!

MSL blathers on about people "visiting a forum for a band they don't like" but do you think the same argument can be used to get him to piss off from a forum that doesn't like him? :rolleyes:

I'm wondering why MSL appears to be posting from 2 accounts? Seems to have quoted me then deleted the post and quoted the exact same thing from his MSL account. :huh:

Edited by Dazey

if you have more passion for nu-gnr than ol-gnr it's a disappointment. izzy doesn't show at HOF. but izzy does this. the robin finck one off is more exciting than izzy. the poster is right. we're looking for nu highlights. if we want the past......we can check youtube and see the past. like izzy performing 14 years with axl in 1991. we want something different since it is dj, bumble, and richard. not slash, duff, and izzy. we want change. we're looking for nu-gnr highlights with new material

Who is "we"? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Speak for yourself.

You want new music? AWESOME. I hope you get it.

Some of us do not obsess over new, old, medium, aged, classic, somewhat recent, etc. etc.

Guns N' Roses is Axl Rose and whoever the fuck he wants playing whatever the fuck he wants.

If you don't like it, sweet. I heard there are actually other bands other than GNR. Maybe you'll like some of them?

MSL blathers on about people "visiting a forum for a band they don't like" but do you think the same argument can be used to get him to piss off from a forum that doesn't like him? :rolleyes:

Not a day goes by that some people don't praise how much they liked one of my posts.

And not a day goes by that some people don't cry and moan because I made them look stupid once and they never got over it.

I'm totally fine with that. Love me or hate me, I will continue to bring the truth in an unapologetic fashion. I am not here to be liked. I am not here to be disliked. I'm here to correct the record, for better or for worse.

For some of you cupcakes that have been allowed to spew your nonsense for so long, with nobody ever pointing out the logical flaws, I can understand how my presence can be annoying.

if you're a fan of nu-gnr. a fan of dj & bumble. new music is what you want. if you're not a fan of nu-gnr you don't want it. instead, you want classic nostalgia with izzy live

axl does what he wants. but that doesn't change the fact the fans want new material. both live and on itunes to purchase. in stores like bestbuy, walmart, and target too. if we wanted old material we could download guns n roses greatest hits off the internet or buy appetite at target. i have those cds.

and 14 years has been performed so many times. 14 years has been perfomed more times in the 90's on the illusions tour than all the times a new song "post izzy" has been performed live since 2001

we're looking for something different. we're looking to move forward with dj, bumble, tommy, richard, dizzy, chris, and frank