Is it bleaker than ever?

Vincent Vega

finck6 -

i've loved every GNR album so far and would be thrilled with a trilogy, but axl made in clear in the last few years that he sees it now as a two album project. maybe you missed his comments.

or maybe you're just a cupcake account?

axl hasn't made it clear. you make up the information you want and try to make it true. axl's made a trilogy clear. ask sebastian bach. even ask dj ashba and bumblefoot. tommy stinson. or richard fortus. they tell you it's a trilogy. would have no clue about what you're talking about

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finck6 -

axl's most recent public comments confirm he now sees it as a two album project. i know you are a cupcake account, but i wanted to still clarify things for others that may not be aware.

i don't know where you get your information. the information is misleading. axl always said a trilogy. a 2 album project is what you want. not what axl wants

From the Axl 2008 chats

A: Not clear on the question exactly but I’ll take a shot… it’s a lot more different styles than on this one. As I’ve said it seems more like a double album to me meaning Chinese and the followup.

Is that a pretty good example of what people are thinking about this current tour? Unless you are going to one of the shows, then fans seem pretty indiferent (sp) about them. Three pages is pretty sad.

It's common that the excitement for individual concerts far into a tour dwindles. It happens at every tour. I also believe there are less French members here than, say, Americans, and hence we would expect less posts. Gunsguy also pointed out that the concerts occur at a time when both most Americans and Europeans are asleep.

Btw, why did you write "indiferent (sp)"? What does "sp" mean? Could it be that you are mistaken and believe it is a standard abbreviation to be used when you are aware of having misspelled something, not realizing that sp. in reality is the abbreviation used by scientist to denote the species name of a scientific name of a species, e.g. Escherichia sp., Homo sp., and so on? If so, that is sad.

Is that a pretty good example of what people are thinking about this current tour? Unless you are going to one of the shows, then fans seem pretty indiferent (sp) about them. Three pages is pretty sad.

Btw, why did you write "indiferent (sp)"? What does "sp" mean? Could it be that you are mistaken and believe it is a standard abbreviation to be used when you are aware of having misspelled something, not realizing that sp. in reality is the abbreviation used by scientist to denote the species name of a scientific name of a species, e.g. Escherichia sp., Homo sp., and so on? If so, that is sad.

usually means "spelling?" as in he is not sure if he is spelling the word correctly

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:21 AM

ThinkAboutYou, on Dec 11 2008, 10:18 PM, said:

Axl do you really have 2 or 3 other albums of material?

Dexter

For now we'll concentrate and keep our focus on this album but I will say I've always thought of it as a double.

And no offence but no one's trying to talk in parables. The issues are a bit more complex than anyone would like.

Let's hope for a double :thumbsup:

finck6 -

axl's most recent public comments confirm he now sees it as a two album project. i know you are a cupcake account, but i wanted to still clarify things for others that may not be aware.

i don't know where you get your information. the information is misleading. axl always said a trilogy. a 2 album project is what you want. not what axl wants

From the Axl 2008 chats

A: Not clear on the question exactly but I’ll take a shot… it’s a lot more different styles than on this one. As I’ve said it seems more like a double album to me meaning Chinese and the followup.

i know axl has said a trilogy too. you can also find quotes on it.

With all due respect though MSL, we have all heard Axl 'talk' over the years in regards to album plans that never came to fruition. "It is this year", "We will be back in summer with a whole bunch of new songs", "Same bat time, same bat station, next year" etc etc. You will have to forgive us for being less than optimistic in regards to the vague comments he made last year in terms of a follow up. I'm happy the band are touring and I hope they visit my town this year or next, but I'm not convinced a new album is eminent...

But that only suggests a release will be postponed, not that it won't happen.

finck6 -

From the Axl 2008 chats

i know axl has said a trilogy too. you can also find quotes on it.

old quotes. Show me a quote after 2008 where he says it is suppose to be a trilogy

usually means "spelling?" as in he is not sure if he is spelling the word correctly

That must be it. Thanks :)

so multiple people have come forward with multiple quotes backing up what i said that axl's most recent comments referred to this as a two album project.

will finck6 apologize for saying i was making things up.

probably not.

any bets?

ill bet fiddy cent

Escrow it

This sucks. the number one thread and all it talks about is how bleak it is to be a guns n roses fan on a gnr message board and for the most part so far, most people agree. Sure there are still some Axlites out there enjoying every minute of this, but seeing them live in both 88 and 91 still remains so much better than when I saw them with that stupid up close sh*t. even 2010 was a million times better than this. Honestly its like he's given up, but won't back down. I think its done really. Ain't no double or triple albums coming out. No crazy Led Zeppelin/Queen/heavier stuff than what we've already gotten. Goddamn this sucks.

This sucks. the number one thread and all it talks about is how bleak it is to be a guns n roses fan on a gnr message board and for the most part so far, most people agree. Sure there are still some Axlites out there enjoying every minute of this, but seeing them live in both 88 and 91 still remains so much better than when I saw them with that stupid up close sh*t. even 2010 was a million times better than this. Honestly its like he's given up, but won't back down. I think its done really. Ain't no double or triple albums coming out. No crazy Led Zeppelin/Queen/heavier stuff than what we've already gotten. Goddamn this sucks.

I am so happy I am not you.

I am so happy I am not you.

So am I. Now expect Groghan quoting us and saying that we're Axl worshippers that have zero meaning to this forum.

MSL makes the most annoying posts I've ever read in my life.

yes yes, facts can be very frustrating.

you give facts? give facts. drop a release date for the next guns n roses record of nu-chinese material

Isn't it enough that he provided you with the fact that the last Axl said about the material from the CD sessions was that it would be a double album (CD + follow-up), not a trilogy as mentioned before?

You seem to have a strong aversion to facts so I believe the strategy of gently spoon feeding you small amount of it is the only way to ensure your head won't explode.

Edited by SoulMonster

you give facts? give facts. drop a release date for the next guns n roses record of nu-chinese material

Isn't it enough that he provided you with the fact that the last Axl said about the material from the CD sessions was that it would be a double album (CD + follow-up), not a trilogy as mentioned before?

You seem to have a strong aversion to facts so I believe the strategy of gently spoon feeding you small amount of it is the only way to ensure your head won't explode.

you take it too seriously, dude.

you take it too seriously, dude.

I guess I take "Internet too seriously", too?

Its hilarious that we have some posts in this thread whining about the demand that claims be based on evidence when holding forth about GN'R's future.

If we do away with evidence (band members' statements etc), what do we replace it with?

I guess if you can pull a statement out of the air: its neverrrrr been as bleak as thissssss (Indigo Miser), There is no more recorded material (stumbeline), there will be nooo future because Axl is oldddddd (multiple members) and keep repeating these statements loudly over and over again in multiple threads, then that becomes the truth. :)

Edited by rabia

With all due respect though MSL, we have all heard Axl 'talk' over the years in regards to album plans that never came to fruition. "It is this year", "We will be back in summer with a whole bunch of new songs", "Same bat time, same bat station, next year" etc etc. You will have to forgive us for being less than optimistic in regards to the vague comments he made last year in terms of a follow up. I'm happy the band are touring and I hope they visit my town this year or next, but I'm not convinced a new album is eminent...

But that only suggests a release will be postponed, not that it won't happen.

Oh I do believe he is attempting or will attempt to put out a record eventually, however I think the ball is not in his court on this matter.. It will be another pre-November 2008 where things were being negotiated and not a word was heard until 2-3 months prior. However the negotiations may go on indefinitely with stops and starts and moments of progression, reversion and standstills.