Axl and Kurt: More alike than they were different

Vincent Vega

We had the Cobain discussion months ago. And the thing is- Axl fucklng hated Nirvana & Cobain big time. Nirvana sucked and Axl tore them and "alternative" music apart. In fact- Axl may hate Nirvana/Kurt as much as he hates Slash.

Oh, FFS, not this again? Axl LOVED Nirvana and wanted to befriend Kurt, all the negativity he ended up spewing was a result of Kurt rejecting him and hurting his feelings. The end.

Pretty sure Axl didn't boo hoo when Cobain "rejected him". WTF- more Axl vomited Cobain up. Cobain/Nirvana were the anti Axl/GnR. Get over it....there was no love affair.

...because Kurt thought he was a dick and said so. Until then Axl was pimping Nevermind all over the place and trying to get them to open for GNR. And how did Axl "vomit Cobain up", what the fuck does that mean!?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did he vomit Cobain up. I mean Cobain will always be remembered as a legend and Axl as a washed-up-has-been. :thumbsup:

No- Cobain will be forgotten as a moron and left many people wondering 'what took so long' and a collective 'huh' at hearing news. Axl- lives on....how's Kurts career?

How did he vomit Cobain up. I mean Cobain will always be remembered as a legend and Axl as a washed-up-has-been. :thumbsup:

No- Cobain will be forgotten as a moron and left many people wondering 'what took so long' and a collective 'huh' at hearing news. Axl- lives on....how's Kurts career?

It's looked at more favorably than Axl's. And by favorably I mean as the music industry as a whole.

Cobain revolutionized music. Axl? No. He was just another rock star, and now he's not even a shadow of his former self.

The world at large and the world as you percieve it in your head...are clearly wildly differing beasts. :shrugs:

That's after he was shunned.

"Shunned"...by the junkie Cobain? Could anyone really be "shunned" by Cobain? LOL. Long live Axl!

Ask Axl. He let a junkie cupcake him. But are we really trashing junkies on a freakin GNR forum?rofl-lol.gif

LOL. Let the Cobain lovers have at it. It's only been 20 years or so. Boo hoo.

I really dislike Miser's way of starting his 60 minutes thesis posts without any links so he can be the center of the conversation with his copy pasta. He strings together quotes and connects the dots to make up some bullshit deduction based on partial evidence. That being said I do like his threads a lot since they are entertaining and he does put a lot of thought into them. I wish Miser would stop talking shit about Kurt though. He needs to lay off the Courtney & Charles Cross's version of events.

Kurt's music was vastly different. His music had a palpable authenticity that couldn't be replicated. Like Billy Corgan he put the effort in writing pretty much all the songs on his own. When I listen to Nirvana, the last thing I think about is GN'R. Stop trying to make it look like Kurt revolved around Axl in the GN'R universe. In 1993 alternative bands like REM, Pearl Jam, AiC were eclipsing the older bands' novelties that just sounded passe. Kurt's sense of humor in using the name Bill Bailey at hotel does not make him obsessed with Axl Rose. In fact, that's a little ironic coming from the OP.

If you don't like their music, fine. What does that have to do with Axl Rose? Nirvana was never GN'R's little satellite and this whole post is an insult to Nirvana fans in my opinion.

"Shunned"...by the junkie Cobain? Could anyone really be "shunned" by Cobain? LOL. Long live Axl!

Ask Axl. He let a junkie cupcake him. But are we really trashing junkies on a freakin GNR forum?rofl-lol.gif

:lol: The only person carrying on here is you.

Edited by Angelica

So now you are going to boohoo about it as well? If it's good enough for Axl to whine about, it's good enough for you, huh?

I honestly think cobain wanted attention and it's sad to say but that's why he took his life. I mean look at this guy he pretended he didn't want attention, yet he posed for covers in magazines n even made music videos. The guys fame was fading out as many of my friends who listened to nirvana have told me n even old articles don't even mention him before Nevermind n slightly before his death. It's in till he took his life that his albums took of; people just like to rewrite history. As I recall Nevermind came out in 91 n I remember people lining up for guns illusions albums not nirvanas. Guns was the biggest band in the world for probably 87 to 94 n Axl was the talk of the town till 98 n then boom pop music erased everything again. So please people stop making nirvana look more than what they are these guys basically used Axl to become a bigger band and don't buy that bullshit the media puts out like people were lining up for nirvana albums cause it's pure BS.

I honestly think cobain wanted attention and it's sad to say but that's why he took his life. I mean look at this guy he pretended he didn't want attention, yet he posed for covers in magazines n even made music videos. The guys fame was fading out as many of my friends who listened to nirvana have told me n even old articles don't even mention him before Nevermind n slightly before his death. It's in till he took his life that his albums took of; people just like to rewrite history. As I recall Nevermind came out in 91 n I remember people lining up for guns illusions albums not nirvanas. Guns was the biggest band in the world for probably 87 to 94 n Axl was the talk of the town till 98 n then boom pop music erased everything again. So please people stop making nirvana look more than what they are these guys basically used Axl to become a bigger band and don't buy that bullshit the media puts out like people were lining up for nirvana albums cause it's pure BS.

Yeah IIRC, Nirvana were quite obscure before Kurt died...what the hell? :rofl-lol: And they didn't 'use Axl' to become a bigger band, they just dissed him. Like Axl dissed Jon Bon Jovi...or was he using him to make GNR bigger? :rolleyes:

Ahhh...Courtney Love, bad music, really ugly junkie guy....now I remember.

So he's ugly now? This is about looks?

Posts like this make realize my shame in liking an 80s hair band that has a pretty boy for singer. Well maybe not the band itself but for the fans it has.

Kurt who?

Kurt. Kurt Cobain.

Yeah, you can totally rip a musican for being a junkie on a GNR board. In no way is that hilarious. Good work. Keep it up.

Kurt who?

Kurt. Kurt Cobain.

Yeah, you can totally rip a musican for being a junkie on a GNR board. In no way is that hilarious. Good work. Keep it up.

Just quoting Axl.