Did Axl have fun recording CD?

maynard

I was thinking about it... ChinDem has not its "anything goes", "used to love her" or "get in the ring", the closest to "fun" Axl sounds is on Scraped, but the majority of the songs is about broken hearts, bitterness and sadness.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not much of a fan of 3:00 sing-along rock n' roll tunes but I was wondering if Axl had any fun working on Chinese. I can't see Axl and the crew drinking beers after a completed track, you know?

I believe your job is only good when you like what you do and the recording proccess of CD looked painful and tense and I believe Axl didn't really have fun working on it.

What do you think?

From what was reported, Axl appeared to make a rod for his own back - created expectations no one could live up to.

Based on the recording process, Axl appeared to put most of the work-load on all those around him.

I don't think fun is the word :D

Edited by vaida

I don't think so.

The guy is one hell of a perfectionist. He probably had alot of work recording, rerecording and rererecording the songs until finally achieving his goals.

well according to him, the label didn't let finish it........but who can blame them, 14 years and 14+ million dollars later I'm shocked the label didn't drop him and sue him for breach of contract...........if it was me in charge, I sure as hell would have

I was thinking about it... ChinDem has not its "anything goes", "used to love her" or "get in the ring", the closest to "fun" Axl sounds is on Scraped, but the majority of the songs is about broken hearts, bitterness and sadness.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not much of a fan of 3:00 sing-along rock n' roll tunes but I was wondering if Axl had any fun working on Chinese. I can't see Axl and the crew drinking beers after a completed track, you know?

I believe your job is only good when you like what you do and the recording proccess of CD looked painful and tense and I believe Axl didn't really have fun working on it.

What do you think?

Axl has referred to the process of creating Chin dem as a nightmare. I think it was not fun for him in all aspects, creating songs that reminded him of painful experiences, dealing with recording issues, band members coming and going - Honestly i think now Axl is having the most fun he's had since the early 90's. Thats why i say let him and these guys tour and get CD out of their system... Enjoy the shows! Remember it wasnt that long ago we were all dyeing for GnR to tour and once they stop we will all be yearning for them to your again.