Axl should record with Serj Tankian

Tyler Drama

Guest Broskirose

To be honest: Serj is a better singer than Axl nowadays...

If we're talking about technical ability Serj is probably a better singer than Axl ever was.

Serj is the best live singer I've ever seen. He was absolutely incredible when I saw SOAD earlier this year.

While the idea of my two favourite singers recording something together sounds epic, I doubt their vocal styles would go well together.

Serj has a great voice and it is very powerful but I think Axl has better range. Although, there are probably things that Axl can't do that Serj does too.

If we're talking about technical ability Serj is probably a better singer than Axl ever was.

Serj isn't even more skilled than Bono, let alone Axl.

I do like Serj sometimes, though. I love his voice on this song.

:wub:

yeah, yeah, i see you love so much the "technical ability" term...

Axl just sounds kooler

To be honest that guy ain't even on Axls radar lol

Guest Broskirose

I just got the wierdest sensation. My palm is now resting on my face.

I used to post on a vocalist forum, and people literally fought about Serj's and Axl's skills. It turned out Axl was hella skilled and Serj wasn't all that skilled. They weren't battling or anything. I think the Serj discussion took place quite a few years ago and Axl wasn't even really on the list until this guy came in and posted example after example of Axl being skilled and he ended up shooting up to the top 30 or so last year.

The discussion isn't really there anymore because the board got revamped and most of the original posts from years ago are gone, but here's the list they ended up composing:

http://digitaldreamdoor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=185

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

Guest Broskirose

I used to post on a vocalist forum, and people literally fought about Serj's and Axl's skills. It turned out Axl was hella skilled and Serj wasn't all that skilled. They weren't battling or anything. I think the Serj discussion took place quite a few years ago and Axl wasn't even really on the list until this guy came in and posted example after example of Axl being skilled and he ended up shooting up to the top 30 or so last year.

The discussion isn't really there anymore because the board got revamped and most of the original posts from years ago are gone, but here's the list they ended up composing:

One vocal forum doesn't decide the ability of a singer.

Well, multiple forums dedicated to vocalists (ie The Range Place) have kind of decided it and they know vocalists the way we know GN'R, but why don't we decide, then?

Show me clips where he tops Axl in terms of:

- Technique

- Control

- Power

- Range

- Versatility

We can do the criteria breakdowns that we used to do a lot on The Range Place. :xmasssanta:

Well, multiple forums dedicated to vocalists (ie The Range Place) have kind of decided it and they know vocalists the way we know GN'R, but why don't we decide, then?

Show me clips where he tops Axl in terms of:

- Technique

- Control

- Power

- Range

- Versatility

We can do the criteria breakdowns that we used to do a lot on The Range Place. :xmasssanta:

This :rofl-lol:

And really Axl just sounds kooler lol.

I really don't know why people are debating skill here cause Axl easily kills this guy. It really comes down to who do u think sounds kooler cause really there are opera singers out there who in a technical way are far superior than most singers but we(most of us here I'm guessing) don't care cause they don't appeal to us. So yes the question should be who sounds kooler it's a matter of opinion but it's just that simple. My answer is easy Axl Rose