Question about Roger Waters 2012 Tour of The Wall

DirtyDeeds

I know I could look this up elsewhere, but I don't want to totally ruin the surprise by seeing too much.

Is there an opening act?

And more importantly, is he playing any songs, maybe at the end of the show or in another set or something that are not part of The Wall? Please just answer yes or no, without telling me which songs, if any, because I like the surprise. If it's just The Wall, it seems like the show will be kind of short, but it is still going to kick ass.

Haha, as soon as the show started you could just smell the weed. And Especially when Comfortably Numb started. Best show I've ever seen. Let us know what you thought. :thumbsup:

I really wish he would do a tour of the complete Animals album. That album is boss. It's the best one.

I definatlly agree. Would love to see a tour of that.

Haha, as soon as the show started you could just smell the weed. And Especially when Comfortably Numb started. Best show I've ever seen. Let us know what you thought. :thumbsup:

I really wish he would do a tour of the complete Animals album. That album is boss. It's the best one.

Ok, if Becket says it was the best show he's ever seen, I know I'm in for a treat and it will be the best show I've ever seen, too. I know you know your shit and have seen some great shows. I trust your opinion more than I trust my own.

How were your seats? I got cheap ones, partially because I can't afford better, partially because I always felt that at Pink Floyd shows it would be better to sit a ways back and be able to take the whole production in, and blend into the middle of the crowd.

Ok, if Becket says it was the best show he's ever seen, I know I'm in for a treat and it will be the best show I've ever seen, too. I know you know your shit and have seen some great shows. I trust your opinion more than I trust my own.

How were your seats? I got cheap ones, partially because I can't afford better, partially because I always felt that at Pink Floyd shows it would be better to sit a ways back and be able to take the whole production in, and blend into the middle of the crowd.

We had great seats. A ways back but they were perfect. A show like that I would not want to be too close to the front, You just wouldn't get the effect.

Hey, I probably can't post a full review for another day or so, but Becket, when you're right, you're right, and you, my friend, were right. What a show. Absolutely stunning. Totally unlike any other performance I've ever seen. It was worth every penny, and I would have even paid more than I did for the experience I got, but at the same time, I do wish I had splurged more and gotten better seats, not that it wasn't fantastic from up in the rafters, too.

By the way, this isn't to start a forum war or go way off topic or anything. This isn't based off any real measurable aspect or legal technicality. This is just a fan of the band and music saying this from what his gut is recognizing as being authentic or not. But what I saw a few hours ago I have absolutely no qualms about calling Pink Floyd, even though it was not even billed as such. Other favorite bands of mine... may not experience the same reaction from me at this point in time. Of course, this is just DirtyDeeds talking, but I assume there must be many others feeling the same as me.

So, I drove two hours to my friend's house to pick him up for the show, finished up and turned in some homework online from his house (I'm a bad procrastinator), drove 40 minutes to the arena, drove about an hour and a half back to his house (concert traffic, pouring rain, and he decided to take the back roads so I had thoroughly no fucking clue where I was), then I drove around for an hour within his town trying to find my way back to the highway (he gave me fucked up directions and had confused me earlier, plus the rain didn't help), and drove 2 and a half hours home. Got back around 3:30 (miracle I didn't fall asleep at the wheel), slept an hour, showered, and now here I am posting, and I have a test at 8:00 this morning :lol: I need to never do it like this again, but I wouldn't doubt this to be my only time ever seeing Pink Floyd/Roger Waters, so fuck it. rock1 Will post more about it in a day or two.

• 2 weeks later...

The man's ambition and passion for this particular production more than any other in his career is so clear-cut. I still feel pretty privileged to have witnessed this show and to have seen one of my heroes live before I (or more likely, he) died.

The kind of spectacle you'll show your kids and say 'I was there'.

Edited by KetchupNotMayo