Has Slash seen any New-GNR performances?

Marc -

Has Slash seen any of GNR's post-2000 performances, and if so, what were his thoughts on how the band sounded/how Axl sounded?

I remember Matt Sorum saying something about seeing GNR's VMA performance in 2002 and how that killed his hopes for a reunion. Did Slash see that performance and have similar thoughts?

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Marc -

Has Slash seen any of GNR's post-2000 performances, and if so, what were his thoughts on how the band sounded/how Axl sounded?

I remember Matt Sorum saying something about seeing GNR's VMA performance in 2002 and how that killed his hopes for a reunion. Did Slash see that performance and have similar thoughts?

I know he heard the the CD demos. He said it was depressing hearing it.

Edited by recklessroad

Marc -

Axl ever say much about VR?

Marc -

do you think he meant depressing as in the quality of the songs was bad, or depressing in the sense that he felt some nostalgia for the old band or something after hearing new material?

Marc -

Axl liked it but thought if they had put a little more effort into it, that it would be ever better.

I feel that if Slash really thought about it, he could have put down some more solo's that would have stood out better. Also I think that Slash got burred in the mix.

Edited by recklessroad

Marc -

Axl liked it but thought if they had put a little more effort into it, that it would be ever better.

I feel that if Slash really thought about it, he could have put down some more solo's that would have stood out better. Also I think that Slash got burred in the mix.

Had Axl ever expressed interest in putting in that extra effort? hahaha. It's actually fascinating for me to hear Axl liked it, didn't figure he'd ever admit that.

Axl and Slash seem to be complete opposites when it comes to making new music.................IMHO Slash wants to do things in one take and not over think the music and clutter it with overdubs where I see Axl as being such a perfectionist he over thinks everything and is anal to the point where nothing ever gets finished or you end up with ChiDem which has some promising songs but is a bloated production trainwreck................the answer lies soewhere in the middle between the way Slash and Axl do things........