What was the band listening to when AFD was written?

Marc,

I remember reading an interview with either Izzy or Steven who said that they were listening to Cameo before they wrote Mr. Brownstone.

Were there any other bands at the time whose albums were being played around the house that might have inspired them?

Also - I'm a big fan of the Live Aid concerts from July 1985 that happened in London and Philadelphia. I was a toddler so I don't remember watching those concerts on TV - but it seems everyone that's older remembers where they were when Live Aid happened. Do you remember if the band watched Live Aid on TV together and what there reactions were? I'd guess they wanted to see the Zeppelin reunion.

Marc,

I remember reading an interview with either Izzy or Steven who said that they were listening to Cameo before they wrote Mr. Brownstone.

Were there any other bands at the time whose albums were being played around the house that might have inspired them?

Also - I'm a big fan of the Live Aid concerts from July 1985 that happened in London and Philadelphia. I was a toddler so I don't remember watching those concerts on TV - but it seems everyone that's older remembers where they were when Live Aid happened. Do you remember if the band watched Live Aid on TV together and what there reactions were? I'd guess they wanted to see the Zeppelin reunion.

It's a good question but I don't remember too much about what they had in their tape decks. They all had different tastes is someways and common ones too. I do remember seeing Cheep Trick in Color my Izzy's nightstand one day. Also Izzy liked georgia satellites. But for the most part 70's hard Rock/rock n roll and punk were all things the band were into. If you listen to Black Sabbath Born again you will hear some things that influenced something

Marc,

It's a good question but I don't remember too much about what they had in their tape decks. They all had different tastes is someways and common ones too. I do remember seeing Cheep Trick in Color my Izzy's nightstand one day. Also Izzy liked georgia satellites. But for the most part 70's hard Rock/rock n roll and punk were all things the band were into. If you listen to Black Sabbath Born again you will hear some things that influenced something

*cough zero the hero, paradise city cough* :tongue2:

love born again