How much Robin's departure fucked Chinese promotion?

ChristianGNR

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl fucked the promotion. Nobody else.

Just like he fucked Rio 2004? Nah... he's not the only one to blame

It's his band and he's the one calling the shots, so yeah, ultimately he is the one to blame.

:thumbsup:

Stupid.

If Buckethead left it was out of Axl's control and had no choice but to cancel.

Always blaming the singer.

I know, it makes me mad that people do that.

Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt, Brain, Bucket, Finck. Were huge and tobias ever band members?

How many producers and managers have left the band?

If only there was one common factor in all those instances, spread out over the past 25 year.

this.

but robin leaving probably fucked up axl, so there you go.

the music video for better never surfaced because axl couldn't stand looking at robin in the video.

robin is an enemy in axl's books forever, like slash, for leaving on the eve of his "masterpiece" coming out. simple as that.

this.

but robin leaving probably fucked up axl, so there you go.

the music video for better never surfaced because axl couldn't stand looking at robin in the video.

robin is an enemy in axl's books forever, like slash, for leaving on the eve of his "masterpiece" coming out. simple as that.

Uh, you do know that Robin played "Better" with GNR in March at HOB? I hardly think he is an enemy.

I don't think Robin's departure directly affected CD promotion because ultimately it comes down to Axl, but I think that things could have moved along, whether in terms of promotion or a follow up album with the rest of the new music, if one of the main contributors to CD (In terms of guitarist) was still in the lineup to make it relevant.

I have information that leads me to believe robins departure fucked up chinese democracy promotion..

These documents were to be released, Axl Rose would kill me.

ok

..who are you exactly ?

The guy that knows the truth!!!!

I can't believe ppl in here support Slash...god forbid Axl wouldn't reunite at the hall of fame, and now all of ya'll are pissy!!

Azoff met with Finck and fired him..notice Robin has never said otherwise.

whatever :rolleyes:

I have information that leads me to believe robins departure fucked up chinese democracy promotion..

These documents were to be released, Axl Rose would kill me.

ok

..who are you exactly ?

The guy that knows the truth!!!!

I can't believe ppl in here support Slash...god forbid Axl wouldn't reunite at the hall of fame, and now all of ya'll are pissy!!

Azoff met with Finck and fired him..notice Robin has never said otherwise.

whatever :rolleyes:

A rumor like this has been circulating for a while but don't know where it originated, it could have been MisterSaintLaurent, who claimed to have a hard drive containing personal email correspondence, powerpoint presentations and the like.

By the way, Robin - even while he was in GNR, hardly did any interviews or spoke about the band in any capacity, unless a fan met him in person..

PS "Frantic" is a great film, still underrated I think

Edited by ben

I never said it was solely for money. I said it was one of the main reasons as I think Robin's hopes with nuGnR had faded. But I guess you say money wasn't a factor then... did Robin express great artistic interest in Cee-Lo Green's Lady Killer Theme? How about that japanese Glee he recorded with?

You implied that money was the primary interest when you said:

He got an offer by his former employee, Trent Reznor, and took it, thinking he'd make more money out of it. Too bad he didn't and NIN doesn't tour anymore.

Obviously with any job money is of SOME interest, such as "Am I getting paid for this?" because if you're not making money, it's volunteer work or slavery, duh.

What does Robin playing on random tracks have to do with touring and being a member of NIN or GN'R? Nothing. Some things are done primarily for the money, but some things are not. You clearly just don't know how to differentiate.

Also, the PASSPO thing... that's clearly for money. As for the song with Cee-Lo, that was a good album and track, so who cares if it was just for money or not? I don't know, maybe he really likes Cee-Lo, how do you know?

Everyone does stuff for money and I'm really leaned to think Robin is no different. He's a good guitar player, no doubts but I think his departure from GnR did not cause any damage whatsoever to CD promotion UNLESS it meant fucking up a scheduled tour, which I don't remember reading about. Actually, in a way, I think by hiring DJ, it was a good promotional move for GnR. Not saying he's better than Finck (even though I prefer his stage presence and fan interaction).

So because Finck "left," Axl couldn't promote an album he spent so many years creating?

How does that make any sense? If you were talking about a tour, maybe but the album would only benefit from promotion with or without Finck and I am sure Ron and Richard could easily fill in and do the horrible bends for Finck.

So because Finck "left," Axl couldn't promote an album he spent so many years creating?

How does that make any sense? If you were talking about a tour, maybe but the album would only benefit from promotion with or without Finck and I am sure Ron and Richard could easily fill in and do the horrible bends for Finck.

because at the time robin finck was the lead guitar player both in guns n roses and on the chinese democracy album

Robin went back to NIN before Chinese Democracy had a release date. Also there was no tour in sight.

Everyone does stuff for money and I'm really leaned to think Robin is no different.

I'm not sure what you're still trying to prove since money has nothing to do with this thread topic and you don't seem to actually care about anything but your own theory.

But I mean, at not one point do you question that touring/recording with NIN was more desirable than continuing to tour/write with GN'R for non-monetary reasons?

Edited by funny_fish

because at the time robin finck was the lead guitar player both in guns n roses and on the chinese democracy album

Who is probably the worst guitar player of the CD group. So what?

Robin went back to NIN before Chinese Democracy had a release date. Also there was no tour in sight.

Everyone does stuff for money and I'm really leaned to think Robin is no different.

I'm not sure what you're still trying to prove since money has nothing to do with this thread topic and you don't seem to actually care about anything but your own theory.

But I mean, at not one point do you question that touring/recording with NIN was more desirable than continuing to tour/write with GN'R for non-monetary reasons?

Everyone does stuff for money and I'm really leaned to think Robin is no different. He's a good guitar player, no doubts but I think his departure from GnR did not cause any damage whatsoever to CD promotion UNLESS it meant fucking up a scheduled tour, which I don't remember reading about. Actually, in a way, I think by hiring DJ, it was a good promotional move for GnR. Not saying he's better than Finck (even though I prefer his stage presence and fan interaction).

Did you notice you ignored the rest of my post? I'm not derailing the subject of the thread. I'm still talking about the impacts of Robin's departure on CD's promotion.

Did you notice you ignored the rest of my post? I'm not derailing the subject of the thread. I'm still talking about the impacts of Robin's departure on CD's promotion.

No I didn't ignore the rest of your post, I replied to the relevant parts above the quoted part about money. I said Robin left before there was a release date, and that there was no tour in sight. I'm still wondering why you think it's about money, but I know you don't know much about Robin so I don't know why I bother replying to that part.

Edited by funny_fish

No I didn't ignore the rest of your post, I replied to the relevant parts above the quoted part about money. I said Robin left before there was a release date, and that there was no tour in sight. I'm still wondering why you think it's about money, but I know you don't know much about Robin so I don't know why I bother replying to that part.

Ok.

so what? it's like this. slash is the lead guitarist of guns n roses and the lead guitarist of the UYI 1 and 2 records. but let's say just before the illusions albums come out.......slash mysteriously leaves the band. no reason or explanation. whether on his own or caused by axl rose. slash leaves. and as a result: illusions promotion is FUCKED. do you say "so what?"

so what? it's like this. slash is the lead guitarist of guns n roses and the lead guitarist of the UYI 1 and 2 records. but let's say just before the illusions albums come out.......slash mysteriously leaves the band. no reason or explanation. whether on his own or caused by axl rose. slash leaves. and as a result: illusions promotion is FUCKED. do you say "so what?"

I would, because Robin' EPIC This I love and also MORE EPICER Better solo are both MORE EPICERERER than Slash's November Rain solo

i think it only matters in that if Axl had any plans to promote CD. Its obvious he didn't.

The fact is Azoff is the guy that strong armed Axl to release CD. Otherwise we might still have no new music. Just think about that for a second.

Also, most casual fans thought that Bucket was still the lead guitar player so it would not have mattered on that end either.

i think it only matters in that if Axl had any plans to promote CD. Its obvious he didn't.

The fact is Azoff is the guy that strong armed Axl to release CD. Otherwise we might still have no new music. Just think about that for a second.

Also, most casual fans thought that Bucket was still the lead guitar player so it would not have mattered on that end either.

it would have mattered. i just gave the example why. if slash left before illusions dropped in tower record stores....illusions promotion's FUCKED

the same with robin. robin leaves and chinese democracy promotion's FUCKED

and for the record robin finck is the lead guitar player on chinese democracy album. not buckethead. not DJ. not ronald. robin is the lead guitar player on the album

i don't think robin was very hard to replace. it may have felt that way to axl at the time, but we all know he's prone to taking things hard and sinking into depression. if axl didn't tour because of robin, then robin was axl's excuse. there's no shortage of professional guitarists looking for gigs who are more than capable of playing gnr songs. to find someone of robin's caliber, all he'd have to to is visit his neighborhood guitar center and hire the first person he'd see.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness