Some Paul Tobias Questions

Marc:

I know it's been said and said again, but thank you so much for taking the time to go to the fans like this. You have no idea how much your comments have helped us put together pieces of a puzzle that have been bothering us for years. That being said, I have a few questions about Paul Tobias. This is a man who Duff and Slash claim was responsible for the unraveling of the old lineup, and who Axl claims is the reason Guns N' Roses still exists. Despite this much impact being placed on the man, we have virtually no information about him. I just have a few questions about Paul. Feel free to answer them as much or as little as possible, in case some of them are personal to Paul.

1. How far back do Axl and Paul go. Do you know if he was involved in any other songs besides "Shadow of Your Love" and "Back off Bitch?" Were Axl and Paul in any bands together in their youth?

2. Why does he choose to go by the name Paul Tobias instead of his name real name Paul Huge?

3. What is your opinion on his role in the band? Was he really as mean-spirited a person as Slash (and to a lesser degree Duff) say he was? Was he really not that great of a player (something that Slash and Matt have both said)?

4. Paul has some pretty hefty writing credits on Chinese Democracy. What were his contributions to these songs?

5. What were his feelings about touring/playing the shows he played?

6. How did he get along with the guys in "new" GN'R (Chris has mentioned that Paul was cool).

7. Is Paul still any part of Guns N' Roses, or at least was he when you last talked to Axl?

Marc:

I know it's been said and said again, but thank you so much for taking the time to go to the fans like this. You have no idea how much your comments have helped us put together pieces of a puzzle that have been bothering us for years. That being said, I have a few questions about Paul Tobias. This is a man who Duff and Slash claim was responsible for the unraveling of the old lineup, and who Axl claims is the reason Guns N' Roses still exists. Despite this much impact being placed on the man, we have virtually no information about him. I just have a few questions about Paul. Feel free to answer them as much or as little as possible, in case some of them are personal to Paul.

1. How far back do Axl and Paul go. Do you know if he was involved in any other songs besides "Shadow of Your Love" and "Back off Bitch?" Were Axl and Paul in any bands together in their youth?

2. Why does he choose to go by the name Paul Tobias instead of his name real name Paul Huge?

3. What is your opinion on his role in the band? Was he really as mean-spirited a person as Slash (and to a lesser degree Duff) say he was? Was he really not that great of a player (something that Slash and Matt have both said)?

4. Paul has some pretty hefty writing credits on Chinese Democracy. What were his contributions to these songs?

6. How did he get along with the guys in "new" GN'R (Chris has mentioned that Paul was cool).

7. Is Paul still any part of Guns N' Roses, or at least was he when you last talked to Axl?

I don't know that much about Paul other than that Axl worked with him when they were teenagers. I don't know why he changed his name. could be maybe it sounded better for a stage name? I hung with him a few times, he seemed like an ok guy. Axl brought him in to help write and I guess he was also going to replace Gilby. He didn't really have the look/image that Slash and maybe Duff were looking for and also maybe they didn't want to share songwriting credits with him? I do remember Slash calling him a bedroom guitar player meaning he's just not cool enough to be in the band. I don't know how he felt about turing. He did seem nerves at the Rio gig but then again there were 270.000 people there. I'm preaty sure he got along well with the rest of the band. I don't know if he still talks to Axl.

Edited by recklessroad

Marc:

I don't know that much about Paul other than that Axl worked with him when they were teenagers. I don't know why he changed his name. could be maybe it sounder better for a stage name? I hung with him a few times, he seemed like an ok guy. Axl brought him in to help write and I guess he was also going to replace Gilby. He didn't really have the look/image that Slash and maybe Duff were looking for and also maybe they didn't want to share songwriting credits with him? I do remember Slash calling him a bedroom guitar player meaning he's just not cool enough to be in the band. I don't know how he felt about turing. He did seem nerves at the Rio gig but then again there were 270.000 people there. I'm preaty sure he got along well with the rest of the band. I don't know if he still talks to Axl.

So, is Paul not looking "cool enough" the main reason Slash didn't want him involved?