ZZ Top new album

Apollo

ZZ Top is one of those bands that everybody seems to like at least a few songs of theirs, and you don't really hear too much bad about them. Some might insult them because of their beards. But at the end of the day, they are a straight forward blues rock band to the core. Especially if you dig deeper than their MTV hits like Legs, Sharp Dressed Man, Sleeping Bag, etc.

I think they are extremely underrated.

Unique sound. Killer guitar player. And have had some pretty iconic songs in their career.

If you like blues rock with a good guitar player, you have to respect ZZ.

La Grange

Jesus just left chicago - my favorite song of theirs

I'm bad, I'm nationwide - or maybe this is my favorite

sharp dressed man

Legs

Just Got Paid

Tush

Gimme All Your Lovin

Rough Boy

Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers

Pearl Necklace

Here are two songs off their upcoming album. First one is pretty catchy - especially starting at the 1:20 mark. Second one is a ballad.

Slow song

Well that was positively awful.

Are you a fan of their older music?

I like what I've heard of their old stuff, but these new songs are as generic as can be.

Generic? Really? What else or who else do you think they sound like? (Not arguing or saying you are wrong - just curious).

I won't say I hate ZZ Top but I sure as fuck dont get them. I mean they have that whole bluesy sound and an influence on two of my favourite musicians in Dimebag and Cliff Burton but I just don't get whats likeable about them.

Same here everything sounds the same boring as hell!

Well that was positively awful.

Are you a fan of their older music?

I like what I've heard of their old stuff, but these new songs are as generic as can be.

Generic? Really? What else or who else do you think they sound like? (Not arguing or saying you are wrong - just curious).

Well the first song in particular follows the generic catchy rock song formula to a T, right down to the 4 chords from Don't Stop Believing in the chorus.

I won't say I hate ZZ Top but I sure as fuck dont get them. I mean they have that whole bluesy sound and an influence on two of my favourite musicians in Dimebag and Cliff Burton but I just don't get whats likeable about them.

Now now. Ease up pooky.

I respectfully disagree. Listen to the songs I listed. La Grange sounds like Sharp Dressed Man?

Bacard..........understandable. They are just an old blues rock band - not trying to create a new sound! But they have been doing it for almost 40 years now!

Volcano..........hhmm, another thing we agree on. Are you developing feelings for me?

I respectfully disagree. Listen to the songs I listed. La Grange sounds like Sharp Dressed Man?

Bacard..........understandable. They are just an old blues rock band - not trying to create a new sound! But they have been doing it for almost 40 years now!

Volcano..........hhmm, another thing we agree on. Are you developing feelings for me?

Believe me bro i`ve heard enough ZZ Top material if I had n`t I would n`t have commented they`re enjoyable for few listens but I don`t have any desire to dig further in their catalogue not my botlle of beer

Fandango is on my bucket lists of albums they need to do Deluxe Editions of, I don't know why they tacked on live tracks at the end, instead of doing a full length show over two discs. Was glad when they reissued it though. The old CD copies of that one had a horrible mix. Great album in itself,also love Deguello, Rio Grande Mud, Tres Hombres,First Album, and Eliminator. Not really a big fan when Gibbons brought the electronics in, but that and the videos helped bring them into the 80s and 90s. I think some ZZ fans would love to see them have versions of those songs without some of the "80s sound" on there.

Love Rancho Texicano - awesome overview of the band.

Live in Germany 80 and Live in Texas are great to have on DVD, or at least rent them. (I think Palladia shows Live in TX a lot). Def. worth seeing live once, and they're a band where the live versions are usually better than the album versions.