Anybody else hoping that Axl gets to spend some time hanging out with Neil Young during Bridge School Weekend?

Randy Lahey

Anybody else hoping that Axl gets to spend some time hanging out with Neil Young during Bridge School Weekend? I think Neil would be a good mentor for Axl. Maybe he could convince Axl to release music again and not spend so much time fighting against the industry.

Anybody else hoping that Axl gets to spend some time hanging out with Neil Young during Bridge School Weekend? I think Neil would be a good mentor for Axl. Maybe he could convince Axl to release music again and not spend so much time fighting against the industry.

Other than a duet on a song, no.

Ali

I don't know if Neil would be able to convince him to release more music. I think, at least in Neil's interviews, he is an artist who prizes the artist above te fans to some degree, I.e he is fairly open about himself doing the music he wants how he wants when he wants etc. Around the time of Kurt Cobains suicide, Neil tried reaching out to him to tell him to "drop his shit" and do things his way. I would imagine if Axl spoke to Neil, he would say something similar... But hey, I know neither of ten personally so who knows :)

Why would Neil mentor Axl? Neil's got a lot on his plate. Prob. after the show they might pass some herb around and sing Kumbaya with the kids.

Neil fought against Geffen back in the 80s in court, so they have something in common.

This wouldn't be the first time Neil and GNR have played the same show. Farm Aid would be, but I doubt GNR interacted with anyone at that show. Don Henley, Garth Brooks (who's ending his Vegas residency and hadn't been a big name yet), Elton John, CSNY played that one. Not sure if GNR interacted with anyone at Farm Aid backstage, prob. had other things on their mind that day.