Anyone know how the Vegas Shows are selling???

bigcountry

Nirvanas impact was felt throughout the 90s.

around 95 everybody and their bitch loved Kurt and Nirvana.after the suicide.

nevermind,when released,just started it.

RE;MSL

If Nirvana made impact, how come nothing I hear in rock music right now sounds anything like Nirvana? I can find more bands that sound like ripoffs of Live than Nirvana.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. folks, a few things:

1. If Slash and Duff were still in the band, the shows would have sold out immediately, whether it was 1992, 2002, 2012 or any year in between.

2. Axl is now the sole, star attraction in GN'R, so it will take longer to sell out the shows. But it looks like they are selling, and by showtime, it will be a packed house for all the concerts.

3. And this gets old...NIRVANA DID NOT KILL OFF GUNS N' ROSES! First of all, while other bands like Warrant and Poison had their careers stalled in the early 90s, Guns N' Roses were still playing stadiums, around the world, well into 1993, long after the release of Nevermind. People seem to think that because GN'R's demise coincided with the death of Cobain and his ascension to legendary status, that he somehow killed off GN'R. However, if GN'R hadn't imploded, they would have been selling out arenas and would have released platinum albums throughout the 90s, much like Bon Jovi, Aerosmith and Van Halen did (before they self-destructed). Yes, it is true that for a few years, from around 1994-1998, GN'R were seen as being very uncool, because they were seen as dated, 80s, overblown, you name it...However, if they had been an active band then, they still would have been successful, even if they were seen as belonging to another era or if they were thought of as uncool by hipsters. And by the early 2000s, GN'R time in the hipster doghouse was pretty much over. I really don't think liking GN'R has the same sort of stigma now as it did in say, 1996 or 1997. GN'R are still played on the radio, their songs are sold on i-tunes, the greatest hits is still a very good seller, etc. 13 year old kids view GN'R as just another classic rock band and have no idea about the Nirvana feud.

People act like Kurt Cobain's harsh criticism towards GN'R and the trendy hipsters who ate his words and the backlash that GN'R received in the mid-to-late 90s somehow has erased their legacy. I would bet you, however, that Joe public can name more GN'R songs than Nirvana songs, and they have roughly the same body of work. GN'R have sold over 100 million albums worldwide, so I would say that their legacy is pretty strong.

One last point. By 1999 the most popular bands were Limp Bizkit and Creed. So while Nevermind set the tone for the 90s, 1999 was as lame as 1990. You go from Nelson to Limp Bizkit. What conclusions can you draw from that?

Thanks for reading my rant.

Edited by RichardNixon

1. If Slash and Duff were still in the band, the shows would have sold out immediately, whether it was 1992, 2002, 2012 or any year in between.

2. Axl is now the sole, star attraction in GN'R, so it will take longer to sell out the shows. But it looks like they are selling, and by showtime, it will be a packed house for all the concerts.

3. And this gets old...NIRVANA DID NOT KILL OFF GUNS N' ROSES! First of all, while other bands like Warrant and Poison had their careers stalled in the early 90s, Guns N' Roses were still playing stadiums, around the world, well into 1993, long after the release of Nevermind. People seem to think that because GN'R's demise coincided with the death of Cobain and his ascension to legendary status, that he somehow killed off GN'R. However, if GN'R hadn't imploded, they would have been selling out arenas and would have released platinum albums throughout the 90s, much like Bon Jovi, Aerosmith and Van Halen did (before they self-destructed). Yes, it is true that for a few years, from around 1994-1998, GN'R were seen as being very uncool, because they were seen as dated, 80s, overblown, you name it...However, if they had been an active band then, they still would have been successful, even if they were seen as belonging to another era or if they were thought of as uncool by hipsters. And by the early 2000s, GN'R time in the hipster doghouse was pretty much over. I really don't think liking GN'R has the same sort of stigma now as it did in say, 1996 or 1997. GN'R are still played on the radio, their songs are sold on i-tunes, the greatest hits is still a very good seller, etc. 13 year old kids view GN'R as just another classic rock band and have no idea about the Nirvana feud.

People act like Kurt Cobain's harsh criticism towards GN'R and the trendy hipsters who ate his words and the backlash that GN'R received in the mid-to-late 90s somehow has erased their legacy. I would bet you, however, that Joe public can name more GN'R songs than Nirvana songs, and they have roughly the same body of work. GN'R have sold over 100 million albums worldwide, so I would say that their legacy is pretty strong.

One last point. By 1999 the most popular bands were Limp Bizkit and Creed. So while Nevermind set the tone for the 90s, 1999 was as lame as 1990. You go from Nelson to Limp Bizkit. What conclusions can you draw from that?

Very well said, man. My thoughts almost exactly!

Still don't understand why an average fan should or would car about ticket sales.

Because commercial success or lack thereof doesn't matter to me. I don't need a whole bunch of other people to like the things I like.

Some of the best shows I've ever been to have been in front of tiny crowds.

It's so funny to me how any one who isn't looking for something to be negative about is immediately a "nutter".

Haha dude if you search for the word "nutter" on this forum, almost all the results are his! (or people quoting him). People like him have been predicting doom and gloom for YEARS at this point. It's almost as if his "fandom" revolves around the band making him unhappy. If you sift through threads in the past, he, along with many others always jump at the chance to predict the "band is ending" or "shows aren't selling" or other ominous bullshit. They keep saying it over and over and over. And yet... and yet... shows keep getting scheduled. Tours keep happening. Whoops.

OMG I thought you were dead smilie_girl_004.gif

1. I don't think anyone could know for sure what a GNR reunion would do. One-offs have more impact as we've seen with Led Zeppelin.

2. Axl's the frontman but he can't do it himself. The set's open to band members bringing in other songs. It's not like Axl makes the band do ALL GNR songs. If Paul Westerberg wanted to do a mini-Mats set, Axl would prob. be in the audience watching it! How many other bands have that kind of leeway?

3. Even in "Metal: A Headbangers Journey" he made the point GNR did a lot to pave the way for bands in the 90s, including Nirvana. Any band that's household name big is bound to have a backlash.

4. I think if you look around 1997-2002, this was the most "corporate" controlled period in music history ever, and GNR were in the mix of some of that crap. I have nothing bad to say about Creed or Limp Bizkit, but I just look at how many pop groups and singers there were at the end of the decade and how much money they were bringing in. They prob. should have been paying closer attention to technology at the end of the decade, I know the music industry was fighting CD burners and ripping technology, but the thing is, if someone was buying CDs intended to burn music to, they were getting money from it. I have no idea why they never had CD kiosks the way they had cassette kiosks in the early 90s.

Still don't understand why an average fan should or would car about ticket sales.

Because commercial success or lack thereof doesn't matter to me. I don't need a whole bunch of other people to like the things I like.

It's so funny to me how any one who isn't looking for something to be negative about is immediately a "nutter".

Haha dude if you search for the word "nutter" on this forum, almost all the results are his! (or people quoting him). People like him have been predicting doom and gloom for YEARS at this point. It's almost as if his "fandom" revolves around the band making him unhappy. If you sift through threads in the past, he, along with many others always jump at the chance to predict the "band is ending" or "shows aren't selling" or other ominous bullshit. They keep saying it over and over and over. And yet... and yet... shows keep getting scheduled. Tours keep happening. Whoops.

RIght on. And yeah, I've come across that type on other forums too. We've got people that stop by gnrevolution every so often just to tell us how the next (whatever) won't do as well as the last, etc etc. And yet the band keeps touring. It's the whole "Looking for something to complain about" thing. If GN'R doesn't tour they complain, if GN'R does tour they complain. Same thing with the DVD, Kimmel appearance and so on.

Actually, that isn't true at all and you know it. Come on Corn, you are better than that. Leave that twisting the truth crap to the star wars forums that you cupcake at.

The nonsense in your post does not describe me in the least bit. And you know that.

I would take the time to go into detail about how you are twisting things - but I know that you aren't here to actually chat/discuss/debate GnR, but instead just to cupcake people.

If I say I wish my favorite band would put out a new album..........then I'm full of entitlement and an e-expert trying to tell the band what to do.

If I say that it sucks that ticket sales are bad on a tour.........then I'm hoping that GnR dies out.

Which one is it????? So I want the band to put out new music, but I hope they die out as a band. Makes perfect sense. That is why it makes no sense to talk GnR issues out with guys (cupcakes) like you. You will argue both sides of an issue. You aren't here to chat about GnR - you are here to cupcake people. (How'd that work out for your buddy warchild?)

@groundctrlvip

Don't wait until the last minute to pick up your @gunsnroses Vegas Residency VIP as they're selling out quickly! http://gunsnroses.com/events

<_<

I got mine already, and have front row. The good seats are ALL gone. They will be full to medium full for the whole run, and it will be a blast. Anyone who thinks they wont be full or close to it are just wishful haters.

The shows will be fun, close to capacity, and will bring good will to the band. Just not much to be negative about this is you are a fan of this band or Axl. get on board, or get over it. BBA etc, I realize you are hoping it flops, so you can jerk off to the low attendance, but I think you are gonna be left unsatisfied.

See you guys there. :thumbsup:

Actually, that isn't true at all and you know it. Come on Corn, you are better than that. Leave that twisting the truth crap to the star wars forums that you cupcake at.

The nonsense in your post does not describe me in the least bit. And you know that.

I would take the time to go into detail about how you are twisting things - but I know that you aren't here to actually chat/discuss/debate GnR, but instead just to cupcake people.

If I say I wish my favorite band would put out a new album..........then I'm full of entitlement and an e-expert trying to tell the band what to do.

If I say that it sucks that ticket sales are bad on a tour.........then I'm hoping that GnR dies out.

Which one is it????? So I want the band to put out new music, but I hope they die out as a band. Makes perfect sense. That is why it makes no sense to talk GnR issues out with guys (cupcakes) like you. You will argue both sides of an issue. You aren't here to chat about GnR - you are here to cupcake people. (How'd that work out for your buddy warchild?)

Except for the 'nutter' part, which is all true and really annoying. You should stop that, it would make your post a whole lot better IMO.

Edited by MBRose

Mbrose....I know, it is silly. Just as silly as the constant "bitter ex-fan" comments. These guys are cupcakes who don't come here to chat about GnR, but instead come here specifically to cupcake. None of us should feed the cupcakes, but it gets annoying when they lie about things you have or haven't said. I guess that says a lot about them though.....if you have to lie about people instead of using facts.....

But back to the actual topic.

Strong ticket sales and positive show reviews should make a strong mark on Axl and the label in terms of releasing new music.

I hope Axl and the band hit a home run with these shows. I would love to see what this band could create in the studio.

Hi Groghan, how are you doing today?

Gee whillakers, you really are a talented bullshitter. Too bad MBRose (who I don't agree with on a lot of things related to GnR) corroborated at least one of my allegations. Dude c'mon, anybody with half a brain can search for the word "nutters" and see I'm telling the truth about you. Furthermore, that same search string will plainly reveal that it is you who is here to cupcake people, not I. It's just so... obvious. Also, it's not my fault you're just hyper sensitive to my shenanigans in Attitude.

If your assertions about me were true, the mods would suspend me. But they haven't. Why? Because I behave myself in Discussion & News. Tough shit for you.

Anybody wanna place bets on the attendance to the Vegas shows?

Hi Groghan, how are you doing today?

Gee whillakers, you really are a talented bullshitter. Too bad MBRose (who I don't agree with on a lot of things related to GnR) corroborated at least one of my allegations. Dude c'mon, anybody with half a brain can search for the word "nutters" and see I'm telling the truth about you. Furthermore, that same search string will plainly reveal that it is you who is here to cupcake people, not I. It's just so... obvious. Also, it's not my fault you're just hyper sensitive to my shenanigans in Attitude.

If your assertions about me were true, the mods would suspend me. But they haven't. Why? Because I behave myself in Discussion & News. Tough shit for you.

Anybody wanna place bets on the attendance to the Vegas shows?

Yay!!!! You discovered that I've used the word Nutters before. You should think about becoming a PI.

And nice logic on the cupcake thing. Using your logic.....if people don't get banned, that means they aren't cupcakes? I'm not banned......

Is that how it works on your star wars boards?

PM me on how I cupcake the forum. The majority of my posts are positive about the band. How is that trolling? Keeping spreading your lies.....that is the only defense you have.

Nobody takes your posts in attitude seriously. Here is a summary of 95% of your posts "slash sucks because" or "Axl is better than Slash because".......

Now back on topic.

If they don't sell out, then Ticket sales DO NOT Matter.........but if they do sell out the Vegas shows, then people will be using that as a bragging point for the band. Basically ticket sales/numbers only matter if it paints GnR in a good light.

Personally, I hope all of the shows sell out. And the shows get fantastic reviews. That will send the label (and Axl) a strong message about the popularity of the band, and hopefully get a jump start on releasing another album!

If they don't sell out, then Ticket sales DO NOT Matter.........but if they do sell out the Vegas shows, then people will be using that as a bragging point for the band. Basically ticket sales/numbers only matter if it paints GnR in a good light.

Personally, I hope all of the shows sell out. And the shows get fantastic reviews. That will send the label (and Axl) a strong message about the popularity of the band, and hopefully get a jump start on releasing another album!

groghan-

you really think the label is the reason why cd2 from guns n roses probably isn't coming in 2012?

groghan-

you really think the label is the reason why cd2 from guns n roses probably isn't coming in 2012?

It is the label. Axl said it on TMS.

There's no "probably" about it. DJ and Ron have both said they've barely started talking about the next album, let alone recording it as a band. There will be no album in 2012.

i guess then we'll be waiting for cd2 for a very long time to buy in either a local walmart or bestbuy music store

groghan-

And you believe everything Axl says?

groghan-

And you believe everything Axl says?

Did Axl blame the label for the next record not being out or did he simply say some things would have to be worked out with the label before the next record came out?

That is a big philosophical distinction.

As for Axl's believability, he typically has the most accurate and honest account of past events. As for current events, he says so little, there isn't much to believe one way or the other.

Care to provide an explanation for the last comment.