If you tried to contact Axl...?

Vincent Vega

Marc,

You've told us you haven't really talked to Axl since the publication of your book. If you wanted to ever contact Axl, how would you go about doing it? What I mean is, is there any direct way to contact Axl alone, or would the contact have to in ANY case go through someone like Beta first?

Like, could you simply call Axl and say "Hey, what's up? How you been?" or would one of the Lebeis family answer for him?

You've said before that Beta and her family have a big influence over his daily life; Do they screen calls or who tries to contact him or influence who he stays friends with?

And knowing Axl as you do, do you think with regard to your friendship and unfortunate falling out over the book, do you think he could be reasoned with, like, if you talked to him, maybe he could come to understand you weren't out to get him with your book? Does he ever give people whom he's fallen out with the chance to explain themselves or give their side of the story to him??

And lastly, if you don't mind me asking, what happened in your last conversation with Axl? Did he call you and ream you out over the book? Or did he simply stop getting in contact with you and didn't answer your emails or calls? I'm curious as to the exact way Axl goes about cutting people off...

I have his email and I don't know if the cell number I have is still good. I do have Beta's number. If I wanted to contact him at this point it would be by email. Axl knows where I stand and doesn't agree with it. He has heard everything I have to say and still chooses not to involve me in his life. By this point I have said so many things that he doesn't agree with that until he understands what really went down between Slash and him, I sure he will avoid me. I didn't think that I was someone that would be cut off. As far as I and concerned there is nothing that I could ever do that would result it that happening. I do believe that one day things will be ok between us. I have seen him bump into people that he no longer talks to and ended up making some kind of peace. I also think at this time if we ran into each other that he would turn around and go the other way. I think because I keep doing what I do that doesn't help our situation. The problem is I will never stop doing what I do. There needs to be time between us where I stop doing what I do and then there is a better chance that we could reconnect. I hate that he doesn't like what I do because he used to love the fact that I cared so much about the band. I have heard him vent to me about people that he cut off and for the most part he really believes that they have done him wrong. So there is nothing that I can do unless I pretend not to care about the old band anymore and lie about my feelings on what I have to say.

Also When Slash and Axl had their first falling out back in 1984, Axl asked me to support LA Guns the band that that was always a big rival with Slash and now Axl was in it which made it even a bigger rival. Because Axl was also my friend, I supported him and took photos for him even though I knew Slash wouldn't want me to it in any shape way or form. When the New GNR formed I supported Axl and went to shows to show my support even though I had to be away from work( and that was hard for me to do) and even though Slash would not want me to support the new band, I did. They were both my friends and I supported both of them. Axl knew that I was still close with Slash and still went to all of his gigs with all the new bands he was in. I was probably one of a very small hand full of people that Axl remained close with that still had contact with Slash. Thats how close we were. Nothing has changed with me, I have always spoke my mind before with Axl and had nothing to hide. I guess that speaking my mind and promoting what I think is two different things. Promoting it was too much for Axl to handle right now. I'm not upset with him, I just wish that he could understand who I am and what I have to do.

Edited by recklessroad

I have his email and I don't know if the cell number I have is still good. I do have Beta's number. If I wanted to contact him at this point it would be by email. Axl knows where I stand and doesn't agree with it. He has heard everything I have to say and still chooses not to involve me in his life. By this point I have said so many things that he doesn't agree with that until he understands what really went down between Slash and him, I sure he will avoid me. I didn't think that I was someone that would be cut off. As far as I and concerned there is nothing that I could ever do that would result it that happening. I do believe that one day things will be ok between us. I have seen him bump into people that he no longer talks to and ended up making some kind of peace. I also think at this time if we ran into each other that he would turn around and go the other way. I think because I keep doing what I do that doesn't help our situation. The problem is I will never stop doing what I do. There needs to be time between us where I stop doing what I do and then there is a better chance that we could reconnect. I hate that he doesn't like what I do because he used to love the fact that I cared so much about the band. I have heard him vent to me about people that he cut off and for the most part he really believes that they have done him wrong. So there is nothing that I can do unless I pretend not to care about the old band anymore and lie about my feelings on what I have to say.

Also When Slash and Axl had their first falling out back in 1984, Axl asked me to support LA Guns the band that that was always a big rival with Slash and now Axl was in it which made it even a bigger rival. Because Axl was also my friend, I supported him and took photos for him even though I knew Slash wouldn't want me to it in any shape way or form. When the New GNR formed I supported Axl and went to shows to show my support even though I had to be away from work( and that was hard for me to do) and even though Slash would not want me to support the new band, I did. They were both my friends and I supported both of them. Axl knew that I was still close with Slash and still went to all of his gigs with all the new bands he was in. I was probably one of a very small hand full of people that Axl remained close with that still had contact with Slash. Thats how close we were. Nothing has changed with me, I have always spoke my mind before with Axl and had nothing to hide. I guess that speaking my mind and promoting what I think is two different things. Promoting it was too much for Axl to handle right now. I'm not upset with him, I just wish that he could understand who I am and what I have to do.

All I can say from reading this and other things is that it's sad Axl tends to see things so black and white, at least in regard to other people's feelings and stances (basically "you're either with me or against me.") but always speaks in terms of gray in terms of his own life and actions.

I wonder if he realizes that his actions, his unwillingness to see another's point of view, have cost him a lot of really good, true friends (like you) who'd have his back through thick and thin, and left him with people who don't have any interest in what's really the best for him and instead only say yes to everything he says to enrich themselves or take advantage of him emotionally and in others various ways; people who are really only there to ride his coattails, reap the benefits of his friendship and share his money.

Edited by Vincent Vega

It's not like Axl doesn't know where to find you!

It's just a good thing that GNR's been well documented, because there would be so much inaccurate and mythologized crap out there.

Just curious - did any of the siblings/parents of Axl, Slash, and Steven give you feedback on the book, because it was also a part of their lives?

I wish Axl saw things differently. I know he wants to promote the new band, but not only did Marc earn the right to share his years and years of work, it is something the fans enjoy. Marc did a ton to help the band out; I wish Axl would support Marc just as a gesture of appreciation for all he did. You could also make an argument Axl is turning his back on the original fans by not supporting a project they clearly embrace.

Guys don't worry about me. The truth is If I really needed Axl for something other than GNR stuff, He would be there for me. He is just disappointed in the things that I do and say regarding the old band. Let it go give him a break, He has some very strong emotions from that time and doesn't really know how to deal with it and doesn't want to revisit it.

Guys don't worry about me. The truth is If I really needed Axl for something other than GNR stuff, He would be there for me. He is just disappointed in the things that I do and say regarding the old band. Let it go give him a break, He has some very strong emotions from that time and doesn't really know how to deal with it and doesn't want to revisit it.

that's good to know marc. i guess it's easy for us to sit back and analyze the situation, when we don't really have all the information. it's still a bummer situation.

Guys don't worry about me. The truth is If I really needed Axl for something other than GNR stuff, He would be there for me. He is just disappointed in the things that I do and say regarding the old band. Let it go give him a break, He has some

very strong emotions from that time and doesn't really know how to deal with it and doesn't want to revisit it.

And to me this is where the divorce analogy plays a different role.

Just like being a divorced couple.Or having divorced parents.You have to face it.Be it head on or later in time.But eventually you have to face it!There comes a time when you have to grow up.

Just like my mother trying to not let me and my brother not be around our dad when they divorced.By her doing that,she wasn't doing anything but hurting us.Which in turn hurt her because her children hurt.Eventually one day she woke up and saw that it was wrong to do that.She had to learn to deal with it,even though she it wasn't what SHE wanted.

Axl isn't doing anything but hurting himself.

Edited by SweetRose

If Amy or Stuart ever done anything as drastic as he claims that Slash did.Would he shun them also?If so then Axl is a sad person.I don't like shit my brother does,but I have no clue what I would do without him.I know he has my back if I need him.

Marc I guess would you say Axl has some ' trust ' issues probably relating to his difficult childhood ? If he does then I guess it is totally understandable...

I hope, like a lot of your supporters, that Axl one day gets better, clears his head and you and he can be in contact again.