Guns n roses australia march 2013, confirmed!

bumblerose

It's an experience that I don't want to remember. Was so happy when those 'fans' left the show early. No longer did I have to put up with being kneed in the back no matter where I went.

ZZ Top are usually pretty cool, at least what I've seen and read.

I remember Adelaide, they kept kicking me in my back, and when one of the bastards were crowd surfing to the rail, I assisted in throwing him over to the security :)

Bloody wish I'd done that - they needed it, some of them.

It was like this for the first show, no one bought the Showbiz tickets early then after it was too late complained, I don't get it!

I know, but I thought mygnr brings out the finest in whinging and bitching, so why the hell not do some myself. Anyway, Sydney's still open so that's my second choice. Is everyone here going to Melbourne?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone keeps talking about these "Korn fans" WTF was so wrong about them? :lol:

I had a huge crazy behind me in perth she kept diggin her nails into me so I turned around and said do you want to go over the barrier? do you want to get out? she settled down abit and then went nuts on a female fan and stole her hat and left before the end of GNR's set

A guy next to her was kind of threatening us to try and get to the barrier :awesomeface:

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

It wasn't the whole thing of being bullied, it was more so that they're absolutely nuts and actually pretty scary if you say something to them.

Hell, nobody at Steel Panther or Alice Cooper was that bad.

Just spoke with the Newcastle Entertainment Centre and they have confirmed that the show has moved to the NEC. All punters attending will receive a letter from them over the next few weeks.

Head rumours that the Newcastle show is being moved to the Newcastle Entertainment Centre.

I'll know more soon.

Not enough tickets sold?

Yeah man. They said the ticket sales for Newy has been pretty bad, unfortunately.

Just spoke with the Newcastle Entertainment Centre and they have confirmed that the show has moved to the NEC. All punters attending will receive a letter from them over the next few weeks.

I'm not surprised by this low ticket sales at all. Newcastle was probably a gamble and especially trying to seel a huge outdoor stadium. In my thread a few weeks ago I wrote all the bands playing Australia in the first few months of the year. GnR would have been better touring in winter - but I'm not complaining, the sooner we get to see them the better :)

So after receiving my Newcastle platinum ticket in the mail yesterday it's all fucked up ! I'd personally prefer a refund and have the opportunity to buy a new ticket again.

So now

If you are going to rely on your openers to draw for you, there is something wrong lol.

And let's face it, fans of The Angels and Angry (which are basically pub bands) aren't going to pay the prices that are being asked.......

$169 for gold seats. $150 for silver. Yeah.........Nah......

It's just not the greatest time to be touring, look at what else is on, people can't afford to go to everything so they pick and choose. Soundwave is the only show selling out but there's a massive choice of huge bands to see, Kiss and Motley hasn't been a huge seller either.

Kiss and Motley hasn't been a huge seller either.

They've practically sold out night #1 at Allphones arena, night 2 is selling pretty slow admittedly, but it is around a 18,000 seat arena. They sold out Brisbane entertainment centre and have now added extra restricted view seats. They added a second show in Melbourne. They have sold out all meet and greets in every city going for $1500 a pop.

Springsteen has sold out 2-3 shows in each city around the country.

You're right, people can't go to everything, but If people want to see a band like GNR, they will make it happen.

The tour is selling poorly, I think mainly from the terrible press guns have received the past few tours (late start times, people saying it was a sh*tty coverband, allegations of lip synching in Townsville or Mackay, wherever it was, resulting in mass walkout of fans).

At any rate I don't think it's right to try and make excuses and blame the time frame they are touring or saying that no one else is selling out but a festival at the moment. It's just simply not true.

Why the fuck does anything need to be in Newcastle? Who gives a fuck about them :lol:

Where are you from?

I'm from Melbourne. If you're from Newcastle I didn't mean to shit on you :lol: But like why the fuck can't bands just tour capital cities? so much easier and it looks better too compared to half filled venues in areas that aren't exactly smack bang in the middle of the main cities. I mean no one comes to Victoria and would tour Geelong or whatever. Just streamline it and get the crowds along if they care enough instead of embarrassing yourselves with half filled venues.

They've practically sold out night #1 at Allphones arena, night 2 is selling pretty slow admittedly, but it is around a 18,000 seat arena. They sold out Brisbane entertainment centre and have now added extra restricted view seats. They added a second show in Melbourne. They have sold out all meet and greets in every city going for $1500 a pop.

You're right, people can't go to everything, but If people want to see a band like GNR, they will make it happen.

The tour is selling poorly, I think mainly from the terrible press guns have received the past few tours (late start times, people saying it was a sh*tty coverband, allegations of lip synching in Townsville or Mackay, wherever it was, resulting in mass walkout of fans).

At any rate I don't think it's right to try and make excuses and blame the time frame they are touring or saying that no one else is selling out but a festival at the moment. It's just simply not true.

This. 100% man a lot of folks know this isn't the real Guns and no one cares. For an alternative well balanced forum in Australia check this out for opinion.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2032097

Alternatively there's a perfect album thread on there and Guns are mentioned stacks of times by posters. Go figure.

So like I said the Kiss Motley Tour hasn't sold huge amounts. It's a double bill and I'm sure the promoter would have hoped to sell out multiple shows in each city.

Springsteen is a huge seller and was always going to be as is Soundwave. I'm from Tassie and am flying in for Soundwave and Gunners so personally Kiss is out of my price range but even if I was a local it is still alot to spend on concerts.

For the record I totally agree with the bad press part, it doesn't even have to be true for it to keep people away!

My point more being if the tour was later when we weren't bombarded with every big name act ever we might actually see a few more numbers going to shows.

I agree Adam, too much going on in the first Quarter of 2013 in Australia. Very poor timing for GnR to book a tour here. June would have been better. Combine that with the fact that GnR gave about 8 weeks notice for their tour while all the other bands anounced their tours like 6 months in advance.

Also, people are struggling with money with 100's of jobs being lost weekly across the country, especially in the biggest age demograpgic of Axl/GnR fans.

Anyway, fingers crossed they get decent crowds to all shows. If not they could have played smaller venues and given us real fans the 'intimate' experience the USA gets ?

I agree Adam, too much going on in the first Quarter of 2013 in Australia. Very poor timing for GnR to book a tour here. June would have been better. Combine that with the fact that GnR gave about 8 weeks notice for their tour while all the other bands anounced their tours like 6 months in advance.

Also, people are struggling with money with 100's of jobs being lost weekly across the country, especially in the biggest age demograpgic of Axl/GnR fans.

Anyway, fingers crossed they get decent crowds to all shows. If not they could have played smaller venues and given us real fans the 'intimate' experience the USA gets ?

if enough fans sit this tour out, then you just may earn one of those 'intimate' experiences next time.