Books you'd love to see adapted into a film

st0n3r

I'd love to see "At The Mountains of Madness" being made into a good film by a director who knows what he's doing. Guillermo del Toro wants to do it, but he doesn't seem to get the project off the ground. If he did it, it has a good chance of being amazing, though.

I'd love to see The Dark Tower made into a series of films. At one point they were discussing a trilogy with a series on HBO between each film with Ron Howard directing.

Ben Affleck is working on a film adaptation of The Stand. I don't think it can be done. They had a six hour miniseries in the 90s that left a lot out.

Guest Len B'stard

The Stephen King book Geralds Game would make a great movie i think. For those who ain't read its about a bloke and his wife, some fat fuckin' lawyer type that go out to this log cabin out in the sticks and they like to have it off in like, kinky ways and that so he cuffs her to this bed and anyway he's a fuckin' bit of a sleazebag cunt and their relalationship ain't in the best of standing and he's being mean to her and they get into it and she ends up kicking him in the bollocks and he dies and leaves her there chained to the bed out in the middle of nowhere and like...she starts going mad and that, voices in her head.

I think it'd be interesting and it'd take a very inventive filmmaker to make a film out of it cuz the whole things basically a bird stark naked handcuffed to a bed slowly going insane, voices in her head and hallucinations and that, with the voices in her head being in the form of people she once knew like, y'know, someone that gave her a hard time in school maybe or, i can't really remember em proper but it'd be interested to see someone film that...without the use of any kind of flashback or anything.

I'd love to see The Dark Tower made into a series of films. At one point they were discussing a trilogy with a series on HBO between each film with Ron Howard directing.

Ben Affleck is working on a film adaptation of The Stand. I don't think it can be done. They had a six hour miniseries in the 90s that left a lot out.

If they ever do The Dark Tower I don't think they should stick to the story in the books. There's too much plot and a lot of it wouldn't make sense on film. They should instead keep the premise of the mysterious gunslinger looking for the Dark Tower in a post apocalyptic world and some of the plot points in the books, but use a different story that works in the film format, either written by King himself, or with input from him. I don't think other fans would be happy about it though.

I'd love to see "At The Mountains of Madness" being made into a good film by a director who knows what he's doing.

This.

Or a high budget movie loosely based on the Shadow over Innsmouth ( kinda like the Dark Corners of the Earth videogame ).

I know that there is a movie called "Dagon" that is based on SOI and its decent but I'd really like to see Lovecraft adapted with a high budget.

Really hope Del Toro gets to make his movie someday though...

I think Affleck's a good choice for the project, and "The Stand" was on ABC, not HBO, I'm sure he wants to remake it because he felt the same way you did about it. It seems like the most successful King adaptations were the non-horror ones.

He's had a good run as a director, and if "Argo" wins, he's going to have a lot of say, but he could also go "I feel like doing dick jokes for Kevin Smith next". Now he could do a really bad movie if he wanted, and as long as he doesn't go Nicholas Cage or Mel Gibson crazy, can do it without it being a setback.

I think Affleck's a good choice for the project, and "The Stand" was on ABC, not HBO, I'm sure he wants to remake it because he felt the same way you did about it. It seems like the most successful King adaptations were the non-horror ones.

He's had a good run as a director, and if "Argo" wins, he's going to have a lot of say, but he could also go "I feel like doing dick jokes for Kevin Smith next". Now he could do a really bad movie if he wanted, and as long as he doesn't go Nicholas Cage or Mel Gibson crazy, can do it without it being a setback.

I didn't say The Stand was on HBO. I saw it when it first premiered on TV and I didn't have HBO growing up. When I mentioned HBO I was talking about (out of date) plans to have a series between movies of The Dark Tower. LTR