Do You Currently Still Feel Sad About How Things Went?

ChristmasFnatic

Yes I'm sad about both. The friendship loss used to bother me a lot. Axl was so upset with me and I know back in 2008 he could have used a good friend to talk some things out. Now I see he is doing a lot better but I still miss him and think about him all the time. All I can do is remember the good times and remember the way he used to be. As long as he holds a grudge on Slash and the work that the old band did together, he will not talk to me because the history is what I promote. I think because of the way he believes that things went down with Slash and because his emotions are so strong towards that, it was just too much for him to see me so involved with a time in his life that he would rather forget. It is very sad that it came to this but I do think at some point we will move past it. As far as the band, it was sad to see it fall apart at the time it did but I always thought that they just needed a few years off from each other and some space to get out some music on their own. I never thought the split would last so long. So yes I'm sad to see that after so manny years they still can't seem to work out their differences and get along and do some work together.

Edited by recklessroad

Great answer Marc! Thanks.

People must treasure the good memories because in due time the bad ones will start to fade - let's just hope that in Axl's case it won't be a little to late for that. True friends to Axl like yourself and Slash don't come around too often...

I wouldn't feel too bad. You join a massive - and ever expanding - list of people who have provoked the ire of W. Axl Rose. Not only former gnr members, of which there are many, but also people like Vince Neil, David Bowie, Kurt Corbain, Courtney Love, James Hetfield, Azoff, Activision video games company, Stephanie Seymour.....

You are in good company.

Most of those people were never really friends with Axl. They either said something or did something and now Axl would rather not deal with them. In this case its different. We were very good friend for about 23 years. I'm not happy about how things are but imagine how Axl feels. In his eyes he thinks I went right off the deep end. I think he somehow feels hurt and betrayed. So in some ways he must feel that I let him down. So I think he is the one who feels more pain between the both of us which is sad. Every time I say something about my work or the old band is like a thorn in Axl's side which is a bit of a buzz kill. Here I am promoting something I love and at the same time he hates.

Edited by recklessroad

I wouldn't feel too bad. You join a massive - and ever expanding - list of people who have provoked the ire of W. Axl Rose. Not only former gnr members, of which there are many, but also people like Vince Neil, David Bowie, Kurt Corbain, Courtney Love, James Hetfield, Azoff, Activision video games company, Stephanie Seymour.....

You are in good company.

Seriously? How is it axls fault that Kurt and Courtney liked to talk shit about axl or that Veince Neil punched izzy? :huh: this might come off as surprise but not everything is axls fault.

As long as he holds a grudge on Slash and the work that the old band did together, he will not talk to me because the history is what I promote.

That's an oxymoron. He practically makes a living of what the old band did together. He has hired people to play Slash's solos note for note. Hell Ashba even kinda looks like Slash. How does he hold a grudge on what the old band did together when that represents the majority of the music he plays and sings on shows? So I don't really get your comment to be honest.

they still can't seem to work out their differences and get along and do some work together.

Do you put the blame on Slash too for not doing an effort to work out the differences? Or has Slash in your opinion done enough?

There is nothing Slash can do at this point. Now it's in Axls hands. If there are something things that Axl says Slash did wrong, than they should get some counseling to try and work out those problems. I believe that most of there problems could be worked out with the right person involved.

Edited by recklessroad

There is nothing Slash can do at this point. Now it's in Axls hands. If there are something things that Axl says Slash did wrong, than they should get some counseling to try and work out those problems. I believe that most of there problems could be worked out with the right person involved.

It's great that you think so. So who in your opinion could be a good middleman and counselor for that? Would you be able to get this person in contact with both Axl and Slash?

Not Me has to be someone that does that for a living. Also has to be someone that Axl trusts which right now is not me.

Not Me has to be someone that does that for a living. Also has to be someone that Axl trusts which right now is not me.

From what we hear, these days the only people Axl really trusts are the Lebeis family. And Beta Lebeis who also manages the band seems to hate Slash more than Axl himself.

Edited by izzydoezit

Also from what I think, Axl has no desire to reconcile things between Slash and him so it doesn't matter even if you found the right person to hear them both out, so nothings going to ever happen unless they both would like to work things out.

of corse there is more than they have told me. People sometimes want different things than they used to want. So besides of all the shit that went down, they were no longer on the same page in 1995/1996. Not to get your hopes up but I think at this point in their life musically they are not far apart anymore. Its all the other stuff that still in their way.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

I think the less they say about each other in the press (and behind closed doors), the more likely they'll be able to talk again. I think at some point, they'll just do it and we'll probably never hear about it.

I think most people have given up on them ever performing together on stage again.

Also Axl seams happy with the guys that are in the band right now. I don't think he wants to rock that boat. I think there is room for both bands but thats just my opinion.

I agree with that assertion. If he ever did make amends with Slash, and reunited GNR, it doesn't mean he'd have to tell the nu guys to fuck off.

He could officially turn nu guns into what it essentially already is, and what it should have been called in the first place, a solo venture, and continue working with them, while still being in real GNR. He could have it both ways if he ever really wanted to.