Would you like to see an I'm Not There style biopic made on Axl Rose?

Randy Lahey

It wouldn't work because Dylan was a bit of a chameleon, the music changed over the years, and so did his look. Dylan's interviews were all performances, and the whole "I'm Not There" concept is that you never saw the "real" Bob Dylan.

A story built around the GNR songs would prob. work better.

They could embrace the myth of Axl Rose. I'd start the movie off with the cops running Axl out of Lafayette and Axl busing and hitching his way to California. I'd film the Lafayette scenes in black and white and go for a Last Picture Show type vibe filtered through Jim Jarmusch.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I think youd have to deal with the myth of Axl Rose. Like they did with The Doors. Its scary its 20 years since 92. that how long it was after The Doors split to the 90s.

It makes for a better movie if you embrace the myth.

mugshot_axl-rose.jpg?w=385&h=175

Edited by Randy Lahey

It would be like The Doors meets Natural Born Killers. Flashbacks to past lives and childhood abuses with Axl talking to Jim in the showers of hockey arenas. You've got the St. Louis Riot and the isolation years. Donnington could be the end of the early years. Kevin Bacon is too old to play Axl now though. You've got all the Sedona stuff and witch doctors. Two epic romances. Right now is the LA Woman years. Axl rolling in a van singing the blues. Or they could move to Rio. The end of The Rose is pretty good with Joplin hitting the stage in freeze frame.

The Lost Years could be like a spin off movie like those Lennon movies about his weekend with Epstein. It would be like Boogie Nights meets American Psycho. Axl in his time off became a serial killer that was never caught.

The music would be intertwined with the movie. I'm getting a Lost Highway type vibe mixed with past life regression therapy that takes place in the Lost Years.

lol...yeah i'm thinking axl would be into the david lynch thing...maybe like a cross between "blue velvet," "lost highway," and the gn'r video trilogy.

I can imagine them filming pool parties where Axl doesnt show up then cut to the morning and Axl is sippin barcadi by the pool "late again". Basically the Lost Years would based on paranormal activity.

Edited by wasted