Do you accept and try to understand Axl's personality?

saber_

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bellastar2355

I think he's meaning who was the fourth. Only three are coming to mind. Erin, Steph and Gina.

I think the chick he threw a bottle at. His neighbor.

I think he's meaning who was the fourth. Only three are coming to mind. Erin, Steph and Gina.

That makes four.

How many fights has the guy gotten into? Biting hotel security guard's legs? The guy has obviously had anger issues for most of his life.

Take away him being my favorite current rock n roll singer and look at everything else, the things he has done in life................why would I or anybody else want to "accept and understand" him? But like I said, I've never understood celebrity worship. Just not my thing. But if other people are - go for it!!!

If I was at a show or somewhere and Axl showed up, of course I would love to say hello and shake his hand. And if he wanted to chat, I'd have a conversation. But at the end of the day, he is a human being just like everybody else. And being a good singer or a celebrity doesn't give people a free pass to be pricks in life. Celebrity worship or idolizing celebs just isn't my thing.

Best rock singer of my generation though. Can't wait to hear the new record.

That makes four.

How many fights has the guy gotten into? Biting hotel security guard's legs? The guy has obviously had anger issues for most of his life.

Take away him being my favorite current rock n roll singer and look at everything else, the things he has done in life................why would I or anybody else want to "accept and understand" him? But like I said, I've never understood celebrity worship. Just not my thing. But if other people are - go for it!!!

If I was at a show or somewhere and Axl showed up, of course I would love to say hello and shake his hand. And if he wanted to chat, I'd have a conversation. But at the end of the day, he is a human being just like everybody else. And being a good singer or a celebrity doesn't give people a free pass to be pricks in life. Celebrity worship or idolizing celebs just isn't my thing.

Best rock singer of my generation though. Can't wait to hear the new record.

Second best.

Groghan, I respect your perspective and opinion, however you misquoted me. I didn't say "accept and understand." I said "accept and try to understand." It may seem like an irrelevant semantic distinction, but in this case it's important I be quoted accurately, because the word "try" alters the meaning of the phrase significantly. I don't claim to understand Axl- I just try to.

I can accept his ego, his eccentricity, his mercurial behavior. That doesn't mean I'm engaging in "celebrity worship." It just means I'm not as bothered by those personality traits as some other people, some of whom seem perpetually bothered by those things. That's all.

Axl can do whatever he wants as it is his life....I don't have to work or live with him so why would I need to accept or try to change him?

I would love for him to make some new music but I am not sitting here expectin anything from him.

I wish him a long and healthy life........

You mean the fans? None of the above, everyone has different personalities & if you try to analyze them all you'd have no time for anything else.

He is who he is the same as you are who you are, I don't feel the need to try and work him out as he's not a personal friend I need to deal with.

In saying that I guess the "accept" part of your post applies.

dude you hit the nail right on the head with your answer. I totally agree with you. Since none of us are personal friends of Axl, it really doesn't matter what anyone things about his personality nor do we have the right to change him if we could.

Axl Rose is who he is and since he seems happy with himself these days I think that's amazing. Some of us never get to be pleased with themselves ever. I have always liked that Axl has been himself no matter if anyone agrees or disagrees him. He stands by what he says and that's a rarity in these times.

Cheers

Nobody can truly understand someone else. There are facets of Axl's psyche that I can relate to and some that I can't. Same goes for Duff, Slash etc...

+ 1 However i have to say that those that i don't understand, i REALLY REALLY don't understand! lol

accept? i do. understand? no fucken way. no one is perfect or transparent but Axl has lived a very complex and inordinary life, moreso than most people. the fame, money, abuse, break ups, lost friends, lawsuits, hangers on, sycophants, yes men etc i doubt he even understands himself sadly. from what i saw of him during and after the melbourne shows, he seems to surround himself with people that adhere to his every word. you have Jarmo taking pictures and travelling with the band when he is clearly not a professional photographer. you have some good lookig Swedish chick also taking photos who was picked out of a guns n roses concert. Del James(a writer) as tour manager etc i havent even gotten into the team brazil aspect or other new revelations. i just dont understand when any celebrity needs to surround themselves with sycophants or an entourage of that size. so many people involved jobs overlapping or even not needed its no wonder his expenses are sky high and progress on new events has been slow. thats just one aspect of axl i dont understand. i do think the fame and power warped his perspective but thats just my opinion. i dont know the guy.

accept? i do. understand? no fucken way. no one is perfect or transparent but Axl has lived a very complex and inordinary life, moreso than most people. the fame, money, abuse, break ups, lost friends, lawsuits, hangers on, sycophants, yes men etc i doubt he even understands himself sadly. from what i saw of him during and after the melbourne shows, he seems to surround himself with people that adhere to his every word. you have Jarmo taking pictures and travelling with the band when he is clearly not a professional photographer. you have some good lookig Swedish chick also taking photos who was picked out of a guns n roses concert. Del James(a writer) as tour manager etc i havent even gotten into the team brazil aspect or other new revelations. i just dont understand when any celebrity needs to surround themselves with sycophants or an entourage of that size. so many people involved jobs overlapping or even not needed its no wonder his expenses are sky high and progress on new events has been slow. thats just one aspect of axl i dont understand. i do think the fame and power warped his perspective but thats just my opinion. i dont know the guy.

Who is Jarmo to the band, how did he get to know and travel with them and what is his connection? I thought he just moderated a forum and then I see him travelling with the band taking photos and doing updates. Like YG said he's not a professional photographer and they do have one, anyone can do updates of concerts so why is he with them?

Who is Jarmo to the band, how did he get to know and travel with them and what is his connection? I thought he just moderated a forum and then I see him travelling with the band taking photos and doing updates. Like YG said he's not a professional photographer and they do have one, anyone can do updates of concerts so why is he with them?

I don't know really, I think in absence of an official forum HTGTH was the one that got the seal of approval. He was probably invited to a tour to give live updates back before twitter was a big thing. He seems to be a mega fan who got lucky. They must like him.

He surrounded himself with that people, because no one else was willing to do it