Do you think the cliques that exist in new gnr damage or strengthen the band's overall cohesion?

HORA_FITTA

For example

Dizzy and Dj were in the studio recently either writing music for new gnr or dj's projects or whatever, it doesn't matter, whilst Frank, Ron and Pitman were in the studio, writing/producing etc

It's clear that certain 'cliques' exist in the band, do you think that they cant get along with each other in the same room off stage? do some like/hate each other and thus aren't writing/producing, and aren't seen hanging out with one another off stage (cause they dont have to) like dj and ron for example? Have they ever been in a studio at the same time? if they were that desperate to write new gnr music, they would all try and at least put a week aside to hang out in a studio and record to prove to axl that, that is their full intention

and I get the impression that Dj and Ron aren't exactly fond of each other... Could this be potentially one of the reasons why they haven't recorded as a cohesive 'band' yet (obviously not talking about axl here, im saying band in terms of all the OTHER members). I find it strange that Dj had all the bands equipment setup in his house and studio ready to record during the vegas residency, and none of them had the 'time'...

Yeah I have a feeling that Ron doesn't like DJ.

I really doubt it matters though. If Axl had any intention of releasing an album, he'd get it done. If the band not getting along was detrimental to Axl's plans, he'd replace the problem member.

I think you'd have to spend a considerable amount of time hanging out with a band to understand its dynamics and to know if there are cliques or not or if they dislike each other or not. I mean, look at Maiden, who'd have thought that Adrian Smith was unhappy about being in Iron Maiden before he left in 1989/1990? Who could've known what was going on in GnR in 1993, as far as friendships go? All I'm saying is that these are all assumptions based on what we believe to be true... and even this is an assumption. Maybe the guys in the new band are really close and have a laugh about people thinking they're not getting along. :awesomeface:

Edited by TombRaider

The "band's" cohesion depends on one factor only: the paychecks that Axl writes to his employees. That's it.

You're talking about guys who were mostly unknown and DEFINITELY not rich before Axl hired them. No one is gonna throw away such a reliable paycheck for the sake of cliques or whatever nonsense.