Tupac Shakur or Kurt Cobain, who is your favorite dead icon from the 90's?

Randy Lahey

Pac is 2Pacalypse to Makaveli. Nothing else.

Now we can agree. He had sum great guest appearances and soundtrack releases tho. Been listening to strictly alot lately. Underrated for sure. Sounds like it was recorded with an onion tho..

I think there are some gems on a few of the other posthumous albums. Like......

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we can agree. He had sum great guest appearances and soundtrack releases tho. Been listening to strictly alot lately. Underrated for sure. Sounds like it was recorded with an onion tho..
Think I said earlier I was trying to get into that album because it sounds like shit. It's horrible production. And the fuck Is with that slowed down voice shit?

Think I said earlier I was trying to get into that album because it sounds like shit. It's horrible production. And the fuck Is with that slowed down voice shit?
1993 that's wat. Solid album tho. Alotta killer tracks. Representin. Holla if ya hear me. 5 deadly venomz. Last wordz. Papaz song. Streets r deathrow. All in all few skip worthy songs when I think about it.

I think there are some gems on a few of the other posthumous albums. Like......

There are. But they're not solid releases like he put out while alive. Sum good songs on still I rise too. The johnny j produced tracks are usually decent. I think daz produced a few too.

Not to be a music geek but you got Ems rhymes wrong on the second one KTH ;)

I got the line right, bro. Kill yourself by rupturing your colon with a large blunt object.

No u didnt, you got the words back to front :lol:

No, it's right bro lol

I think Eminem is the great living MC out there, there is literally no one that can do what he does with words, he is just fucking fantastic at it. You like or dislike his music all you want, i'm talking about rhyming...no one can touch him on that, he is literally un-fuck-with-able. Yes i think he's a better MC than Tupac and i don't even think Tupac himself would deny that, i don't think he's a better rapper overall than Tupac but better MC? Oh God yes, you gotta remember before singing up Tupac as an MC, he weren't exactly Mr battle rhymer. In fact he lost em on more than a few occasions when he tried his hand at it but generally he didn't because he knew he couldn't, it wasn't really his forte, i remember reading once he attacked a guy with a baseball bat after losing a battle to him which i thought was a novel approach to the whole thing.

Question from someone who knows next to nothing about rap: is the sort of contrast you're talking about in this post akin to the rock dichotomy between technically perfect musicians and those with a more sloppy or wild touch (like virtuoso vs bluesy guitarists or pitch perfect vocalists vs emotional Axl types)?

I think Eminem is the great living MC out there, there is literally no one that can do what he does with words, he is just fucking fantastic at it. You like or dislike his music all you want, i'm talking about rhyming...no one can touch him on that, he is literally un-fuck-with-able. Yes i think he's a better MC than Tupac and i don't even think Tupac himself would deny that, i don't think he's a better rapper overall than Tupac but better MC? Oh God yes, you gotta remember before singing up Tupac as an MC, he weren't exactly Mr battle rhymer. In fact he lost em on more than a few occasions when he tried his hand at it but generally he didn't because he knew he couldn't, it wasn't really his forte, i remember reading once he attacked a guy with a baseball bat after losing a battle to him which i thought was a novel approach to the whole thing.

Question from someone who knows next to nothing about rap: is the sort of contrast you're talking about in this post akin to the rock dichotomy between technically perfect musicians and those with a more sloppy or wild touch (like virtuoso vs bluesy guitarists or pitch perfect vocalists vs emotional Axl types)?

I can't answer for Lenny, but the way I think about it...YES.

From a technical perspective, Eminem is pretty much untouchable. Pac wasn't a bad MC in that regard, but nowhere near Em. On the other hand, I find a lot of Em's stuff flashy but lacking in real substance or emotion. He comes off a a schtick to me whereas I believe every word Pac spits, even when I know he's making shit up. He's that soulful.

Tupac, as much as I do like Nirvana; Tupac was just great because of his lyrics, his message and his consciousness concerning all of that. Kurt struck me as one of those people who would look back on their life (if he had kicked the habit) and thought "wow, I was an idiot".