TOP 100 CLASSIC ROCK SONGS - GNR #12

axlrod

WTTJ and PC easily tops SCOM.

Music is all about preference.

I think SCOM is hands down the best song of the three you listed, and that P-City is the most overrated GnR song (along with LALD).

No list is ever going to match up with your own personal list. No need to get angry about it.

Well im not angry lol as long as GnR is there im good but I just prefer WTTJ and PC.

Sorry - wasn't pointing the "angry" part at you specifically - just at the concept of complaining about lists made by other people.

Volcano is mad about a list made up by a complete stranger. Why? Everybody has different musical tastes. He could make his top 100 list and people on here would say it was a crappy list, simply because his song preferences are different than everybody elses.

Big Aerosmith fan here, but I even agree they should have "Dream On" than "Sweet Emotion". That said, SCoM should be higher.

But then again, its all about preference as Groghan said.

Dream On is great, but it is not the greatest rock song of all time, and Sweet Emotion shouldn't even be in the conversation.

It is a fair judgement that Aerosmith is for Sweet Emotion and GNR is for SCOM.

But my preference on Sweet Emotion in #1 is doubtful, it's in my top 10 classic songs. It's Slash's most played in his private/free time as he mentioned somewhere so I guess Slash is one of the judges, just guessing.

Sweet Emotion is Aerosmith's signature song and first top hit for the band.

Steven and Perry are Legends

Criteria for the Top 1.

Aerosmith is the best-selling American rock band of all time, having sold more than 150 million albums worldwide,[17] including 66.5 million albums in the United States alone.[18] They also hold the record for the most gold and multi-platinum albums by an American group. The band has scored 21 Top 40 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, nine number-one Mainstream Rock hits, four Grammy Awards, and ten MTV Video Music Awards. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001, and were included among both Rolling Stone's and VH1's lists of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.[19]