Whatever happened to...

bacardimayne

Artists/bands that fell off the face of the earth.

Whatever happened to Akon? Timbaland? Nelly Furtado? A lot of those people who dominated the charts in the mid-late 2000s seem to have completely disappeared. Gotta give props to Justin Timberlake and Rihanna for staying relevant.

Add your own examples.

Thread idea credit to deepfreeze on GNFNR

Edited by bacardimayne

Nickleback....... lol

I wouldn't write them off just yet. They've been on a steady decline in quality ever since they started, but their last album had a couple of hits and it's been less than two years. I'm talking about people who just completely disappeared. I mean, look at Akon. The guy was on top of the world from 2006-09 and suddenly he just completely disappeared. Last thing I heard from him was the WOOHOOs on that Gwen Stefani song. What the hell is that all about? Did that incident with the 14 year old girl really fuck his career that bad?

black eyed peas? I really don't know whats hip lately but I haven't heard anything on these guys so I'm guessing their not relevant anymore?

Nah, they're still relevant trust me. I don't like them, I'm just saying.

Nickleback....... lol

I wouldn't write them off just yet. They've been on a steady decline in quality ever since they started, but their last album had a couple of hits and it's been less than two years. I'm talking about people who just completely disappeared. I mean, look at Akon. The guy was on top of the world from 2006-09 and suddenly he just completely disappeared. Last thing I heard from him was the WOOHOOs on that Gwen Stefani song. What the hell is that all about? Did that incident with the 14 year old girl really fuck his career that bad?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120416100007AA80fdh

This is all I got....

BROS, Bronski Beat, Yazz.

Actually, I kind of know what happened to half of Bronski Beat. One of the guys is still a composer and the last I knew he was composing music for film scores, which is a really fascinating subject IMO. He did the music for art house film Orlando with Tilda Swinton, and honestly I think it is one of the best film scores I've ever heard. I think his achievements there were actually far greater than anything he achieved in pop.

• 4 months later...

Whatever happened to Chamillionaire? He was one of my favorite rappers when he got big around 2006. I just looked at his Wikipedia and apparently he hasn't released an album since 2007. :shrugs:

He's still releasing:

http://www.xxlmag.com/rap-music/bangers/2013/10/chamillionaire-pound-cake-freestyle/

His sample of Tom Petty's "Free Fallin" is one of my favorite things ever.

Edited by NGOG

• 1 month later...

Whatever happened to Chamillionaire? He was one of my favorite rappers when he got big around 2006. I just looked at his Wikipedia and apparently he hasn't released an album since 2007. :shrugs:

He's still releasing:

http://www.xxlmag.com/rap-music/bangers/2013/10/chamillionaire-pound-cake-freestyle/

His sample of Tom Petty's "Free Fallin" is one of my favorite things ever.

Here's my favorite sample of Free Fallin'

As for the thread topic:

King's X