Axl mention in Lou Reed review of Kanye

dalsh327

"It's braggadoccio. Axl Rose has done that, too, lots of people have"......

......... including Lou Reed himself. He loved to beat the shit out of annoying fans long before Axl. I remember reading somewhere how he kicked a german girl who climbed on stage to ask him to sing more songs, while he was not in the mood. after that he said the audience was full of shit and took off. then he was arrested and spent the night in jail. rings a bell?

......... including Lou Reed himself. He loved to beat the shit out of annoying fans long before Axl. I remember reading somewhere how he kicked a german girl who climbed on stage to ask him to sing more songs, while he was not in the mood. after that he said the audience was full of shit and took off. then he was arrested and spent the night in jail. rings a bell?

Sounds like an urban legend, but it could be true. I heard the same thing about Sid Vicious kicking a girl trying to get on stage.

Lars talked about Lou challenging him to a fight -

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/metallica-drummer-lars-ulrich-recalls-lou-reed-challenging-him-to-a-street-fight/

Lars is probably the expert on who he'd be more scared of - Axl or Lou - I think he'd say Lou. I think Axl would even run from Lou.

Sounds like an urban legend, but it could be true. I heard the same thing about Sid Vicious kicking a girl trying to get on stage.

Lars talked about Lou challenging him to a fight -

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/metallica-drummer-lars-ulrich-recalls-lou-reed-challenging-him-to-a-street-fight/

Lars is probably the expert on who he'd be more scared of - Axl or Lou - I think he'd say Lou. I think Axl would even run from Lou.

yeah i've heard about Sid too. But the early days punk club gigs were the whole different story. violence was the set element of the show - with all that drunk slam and stage diving and throwing shit on stage.

Henry Rollins says in one of his early books that while he was singing in the Black Flag, fights broke like every day, and he activly participated.

no wonder Henry hated his audience

Edited by netcat

It was not only punk that had a violent scene in the late seventies to early eighties, from which many of my notable favorites emerge...

Reading biographies of british bands hailing from the time I've gotten the impression that you *had* to have a good brawler inside your band, otherwise you didn't stand a chance to break out, as the violent enemies to your show would shut you down every gig.