"Oh My God"--A song about repressed homosexuality?

Vincent Vega

I think given Axl's background (being raised in an Evangelical Christian sort of environment, his supposedly being anally raped by his father as a child; his probable experiences when he served 3 months in jail as a young man; the experience he spoke of, about nearly being raped when he first came to LA), his well known homophobia (Not just in OIAM, he said anti-gay things in concerts in the 80s, proclaimed himself "pro-heterosexual" and expressed homophobia in his rant against Madison), his fashion choices (fur coats, boas, tight biker shorts--all elements of very gay fashion), him being seen at gay bars, and his alleged anal rape of Erin, I think this is actually an interesting topic.

The question you asked is if the song is about repressed homosexuality. What does any of this have to do with the song?

I think given Axl's background (being raised in an Evangelical Christian sort of environment, his supposedly being anally raped by his father as a child; his probable experiences when he served 3 months in jail as a young man; the experience he spoke of, about nearly being raped when he first came to LA), his well known homophobia (Not just in OIAM, he said anti-gay things in concerts in the 80s, proclaimed himself "pro-heterosexual" and expressed homophobia in his rant against Madison), his fashion choices (fur coats, boas, tight biker shorts--all elements of very gay fashion), him being seen at gay bars, and his alleged anal rape of Erin, I think this is actually an interesting topic.

The question you asked is if the song is about repressed homosexuality. What does any of this have to do with the song?

I'm going to do a lyrical interpretation line by line soon.

And some of the people he looked up to are gay. Elton John, Freddy Mercury.

LOL. Am I gay as well?

Without a doubt.

LoL, I was joking.

Damn Smooth, probably wasn't. ;)

And some of the people he looked up to are gay. Elton John, Freddy Mercury.

Freddie*

And that's hardly a reason to believe someone is gay. I guess all male Elton John and Freddie Mercury fans are gay?

I prefer the dy over the die, but I see what ya mean.

I'm going to do a lyrical interpretation line by line soon.

You mean an Axl Rose timeline of "soon"?