Book extract about Queen's road to fame and Freddie's diva antics

alfierose

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-2368614/Queen-Freddie-Mercury-felt-like-god-Then-started-behaving-like-man-signed-band.html

Interesting read. Guess Axl wasn't the first difficult frontman. Probably not the last either!

Axl the first? I thought they were all pretty fuckin' difficult.

I think they probably are. I was under the impression Freddie was quite shy and unassuming too. Admittedly I've never researched much about the history of Queen.

I wouldn't trust the Daily Mail on well, anything.

Normally I wouldn't but this is an extract from a book rather than pull it out your ass journalism!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-2368614/Queen-Freddie-Mercury-felt-like-god-Then-started-behaving-like-man-signed-band.html

Interesting read. Guess Axl wasn't the first difficult frontman. Probably not the last either!

Axl the first? I thought they were all pretty fuckin' difficult.
I think they probably are. I was under the impression Freddie was quite shy and unassuming too. Admittedly I've never researched much about the history of Queen.

I wouldn't trust the Daily Mail on well, anything.

Normally I wouldn't but this is an extract from a book rather than pull it out your ass journalism!

Being from a book doesn't make it any more true. I've seen backstage videos of Freddie and he didn't act like a diva.

You want diva action, Roger Taylor locked himself in a cupboard until Freddie agreed to have I'm In Love With My Car as the B-Side to Bohemian Rhapsody.

I'm one of the biggest queen fans around but this sounds about right, it's just the other party giving their side of the story.

I always laugh when people picture queen as the perfect band those guys had their fair share of problems amongst themselves even up till now. If freddie was still alive they'd probably still be together but believe you me the infighting in that band, damn just damn