Team Brazil was a horrible idea from day one

Bobbo

Seriously. It's turning out to be the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm seeing numerous people who I once saw as blind Axl worshipers starting to turn on "GNR". For Christ's sake, I think I've even seen a (semi) critical post or two from fucking volcano.

Regardless of what you think of Beta and co on a personal level, having a fucking maid/nanny run the "band" with absolutely no other credentials aside from babying a 51 year old man child has and always will be just downright ridiculous. I can't even begin to understand how anybody could debate that any other way without laughing hysterically at what they wrote. I mean it's seriously one for the history books and not in a good way.

Nothing significant has come out of it but some botched pro shots, botched streams, botched live releases, and endless tours of essentially more of the same with absolutely nothing to look forward to in the foreseeable future. And with Beta riding Axl's dick like she does, there's nothing and nobody to push him to actually try and make something of himself.

It truly is pitiful. At best.

Yeah, any sensible fan could easily see that from day one. It is what it is though, they're the only people Axl trust and he's given them EVERYTHING. Team Brazil isn't going anywhere, they're going to see this band through to the end.

I guess though if his position is steadfastly non reunion he was running out of options management wise. He had already been through a lot of managers. If you discount those who probably won't take GnR on and those who would but on the basis of trying to get a reunion going then there aren't many options left.

Why did Merck get the boot? I seem to remember he was in favour of NuGnR rather than trying to get Axl to make up with Slash.

They always say that you want to keep family and business separated. Beta is supposedly axls mother, so I would consider this to b a bad idea from the get go.

You don't want to hurt the feelings of your loved ones. ESP working for sumone like axl. They have too much history on a personal level for her to take over that position.

How long have they been running things now???

Officially just a couple of years I think, but Beta met Axl in 91, it probably started right there with plenty of phrases like: "Axl, you're the greatest and I love scrubbing your toilet, your shit smell good"
I see, my point was, have they had much time to do anything? If they took over three years ago, what would be expected of them over that span. The tour, which is now ending and then the album release, I'm not really counting the dvd.

I'm still at a loss, how will they negotiate the record when they have little to no experience? Maybe Axls lawyers will do it? Idk. He's got alot of trust in them, alot riding on them as well, TB, that is.

Edited by T.wa.T

They always say that you want to keep family and business separated. Beta is supposedly axls mother, so I would consider this to b a bad idea from the get go.

You don't want to hurt the feelings of your loved ones. ESP working for sumone like axl. They have too much history on a personal level for her to take over that position.

Yep, mixing family and business rarely a good idea and especially so in this case where additional band members are involved. The Perla involvement in VR seemed to blow up and that was because the others felt true bandmates who could express their grievances(though must've been awkward and added tension on top of an already precarious situation at the time). In GNR's case, what other bandmates are going to feel they can vent to Axl about Beta & Co.(or directly to Beta)? More than likely, feelings will stay bottled and they'll have to live with what they don't like or ultimately quit.

Just a bad and entirely unnecessary position to be in...

I can't stand Team Brazil, and I'll bag on them as much as or more than the next guy, but the main culprit is still Axl. We shouldn't lose sight of that. That said. TB at the helm is one of the worst things ever to happen to the band.

Edited by magisme

I think I've mentioned this before in a previous thread but I do sometimes wonder what Axl would do if he decided the situation wasn't working for him and he did actually want to hire an Azoff type again. Mixing personal and business is always tricky, now TB run the show I can't imagine being demoted is an option without huge personal fallouts. He may be very happy with how things are but if at any point he is not rock and a hard place spring to mind.

"WE decided" I think she just really took advantage of axls mental state (i really think he has been on a newer medication within the last 5 years or so) and his lack of trust.

beta, along with del, being one of the yes men that have been with the man for years, knew axl was too dependent to turn down her ultimatum. And it was a completely fucked up thing to do.

We as hardcore fans know a little more about the behind the scenes stuff than your average fan, and at times I wish I didn't kno, because its a really fucked up situation, and the woman is a fucking leach.

She doesn't care about gnr music. She doesn't care about the fans. Maybe she cares about axl. But we know she really cares about securing a position in gnr management and a financially stable future for her and her kids.

Could you imagine azoff booking a guns n roses concert in a bowling alley?? How the mighty have fallen. And we have team brazil to thank for that. It can b argued that its axls fault, but beta will let him do whatever he wants, as long as he is comfortable and happy he keeps her around. And he's obviously content being lazy and unprepared.

So frustrated with axl and his management. Ot lack of in this case.

If all of the biggest name managers would be focused solely on reuniting old GNR, surely Axl could find a very capable next-tier manager who'd kill to be managing a brand like GNR even knowing the reunion isn't a present option. It's not like there is only the choice between an Azoff, McGhee...or Beta.

If all of the biggest name managers would be focused solely on reuniting old GNR, surely Axl could find a very capable next-tier manager who'd kill to be managing a brand like GNR even knowing the reunion isn't a present option. It's not like there is only the choice between an Azoff, McGhee...or Beta.

money talks, beta barks

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

She *****ed so much. She drove me nuts, and now I'm happier this way

I used to love her, but I had to kill her, and I can still hear her complain :awesomeface:

Edited by Crash Diet

You're missing the bigger picture though.

Team Brazil has always had their eyes on how to best get their grubby mitts all over Axl's money, and "managing" the band is their best means of doing so.

She has been brainwashing him for a long time, and will never allow a true band manager to step in and take what she feels is her cut of the money.

Axl is her meal ticket, and she doesn't want anyone in the picture that could possibly bring a dose of sanity to the GNR situation.

Guest charlie555

drtydane, on 22 Jul 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

Could you imagine azoff booking a guns n roses concert in a bowling alley?? How the mighty have fallen. And we have team brazil to thank for that. It can b argued that its axls fault, but beta will let him do whatever he wants, as long as he is comfortable and happy he keeps her around. And he's obviously content being lazy and unprepared.

So frustrated with axl and his management. Ot lack of in this case.

I agree - Azoff was really a godsend to GnR but I imagine Beta would have read his spirit vibe or whatever the fuck and worked against him to cause the dispute they had. Honestly, a personal assistant like Beta has absolutely no place managing a big band like GnR, and especially not when the band is touring.

People underestimate how much work actually goes into planning and executing a successful tour. There are so many variables and even one fuck up can mean the entire tour is unprofitable, or worse, runs at a loss.

I could not even fathom Beta running a SACA analysis on the routing for a particular tour, arranging the appropriate insurance, or mediating/negotiating supplier and employee disputes. I certainly hope there is a real manager somewhere in the background who knows what they are doing. Also, to suggest that lawyers/accountants would handle most of the aformentioned stuff is incorrect as their fees would be horrendous and not viable for the attendance GnR have had of late.

Anybody who thinks she is capable of managing GnR with her two muppet children is either in denial or has absolutely no business acumen/knowledge whatsoever.

Edited by charlie555

Guest charlie555

Maybe this is why they are touring so much rather than making larger gains on shorter tours.

Could be, explains why they'd rather do a coach tour of the USA and Canada with less equipment. Easier to organise in theory, although I bet the 60 or so crew are still coming along so they can't be making that much on club gigs ...