Storage Wars

Snake-Pit

& Storage Wars Texas.

I watch Storage Wars... I like it.

It's about a bunch of business owners who go to abandoned self storage units and bid on* them.

Something like this shouldn't make good TV, but it does.

And now they have this new show; Storage Wars Texas; same thing, different people, different state... I've also been getting into that too, lately.

Anybody else watch this?

I've enjoyed watching it - but don't follow it compulsively.

Loved a recent episode where a guy went against his wife's wishes to basically buy one that had a load of tat in it - but parts to a classic car. No car...

Final lot was for... the matching car! But, they'd blown their budget and another guy bought it. They managed to sell to him for a profit, despite it looking like they'd wasted nearly £4k haha.

We occassionally watch them if bored - some are pretty funny and/or interesting.

But it is super annoying how they overvalue everything they buy. "Oh, these VHS tapes will go for $5 each all day long. And I'll get a hundred dollar bill out of this scratched up wobbly coffee table." Typically you can buy a lot of the stuff they sell for about half the price they claim they will sell it for.

I watch it. The original one though, I could never get into the Texas and even the New York version.

It's not the same now that Dave is gone quite honestly. As much as he was a douchebag, he gave that show a dynamic that's since been lacking.

Still can't decide if I agree with his allegations that things were planted in lockers by the producers. It does seem odd that there's always one item that needs to be checked out by an "expert". But all in all it's one of the better reality shows out there that I like.

Dammit. Randy is faster than me. :max:

All relaities are scripted and this is not different. Everything prepeared but it's still a nice programme to watch.

They don't read scripts, but there might be some "coaching" and editing done to make it interesting. They may have staged a few items in some of the lockers to make it exciting, but they were probably finds from other lockers found in between seasons.

I was reading somewhere else that the rare "items" they find are actually owned by the person appraising them. I find the show enjoyable but it's definitely staged. I gotta agree with the other person who talked about their over estimating the values of stuff. I kinda miss Dave as well and the spinoff shows seem even faker than the original. All in all, I watch it when I'm bored.

They don't read scripts, but there might be some "coaching" and editing done to make it interesting. They may have staged a few items in some of the lockers to make it exciting, but they were probably finds from other lockers found in between seasons.

Everything is planned. What they are gonna find, who is gonna buy it, etc. It's how it works.

Edited by izzygirl