Should Locomotive (Complicity) be called Use Your Illusions?

ManetsBR

By the way, what's the story with this parenthetical? Was "Locomotive (Complicity)" the original full name of this song? I have never seen this before, but I see it now on Wikipedia with zero explanation. My tape in the day only listed "Locomotive" as the song name.

The album tracklisting only calls it Locomotive but it gives the full title in the booklet. Same with Pretty Tied Up where the tracklist calls it just that but inside the booklet the full title is Pretty Tied Up (The Perils of Rock N' Roll Decadence).

Thank you for the explanation.

• 10 months later...

That's basically what the lyrics is about... And the song really gathers perfectly the whole Guns N' Roses and the whole Use Your Illusions vibe... Some raw guitars with a beautiful groovy piano at the end, with the one of the finest Axl lyrics.

I suspect the songs is not named Use Your Illusions because Axl was trying to avoid having a song with the name of the album...

Good idea, however i like Locomotive it fits the main riff

Also Complicity is a kind of a strange name

That's basically what the lyrics is about... And the song really gathers perfectly the whole Guns N' Roses and the whole Use Your Illusions vibe... Some raw guitars with a beautiful groovy piano at the end, with the one of the finest Axl lyrics.

I suspect the songs is not named Use Your Illusions because Axl was trying to avoid having a song with the name of the album...

I will listen tomorrow and form an opinion. A great subject though

I would love to hear more from Axl about the UYI albums and how they came about

I ghink Dont damn me also mentions illusions too.

Wasnt there a painting called use your illusion? the one on the cover.

Yeah, what's on the cover is a painting by Mark Kostabi, which is itself a sort of re-interpretation (copy?) of a section of a painting by Raphael called School of Athens.

Relevant thread here:http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/203478-uyi-artist-mark-kostabi-on-gnrs-use-of-his-painting/

The guy lounging in the middle of Rapheal's painting is Diogenes, who (if he really existed) was a sort of ancient times version of Jeff Bridges' character in The Big Lebowski. At least, that's how I imagine him.

Edited by Brunzopolis