Do you think the band could be one step ahead?

AndreCC

Do you think that by some miracle the band might be one step ahead on the recording process for next albums?

We heard several band members say they were in the studio recording for GNR before. But what are they really recording?

Do you think the next album is done and just waiting for the right deal (like best buy) to come out, just like what happened with Chinese Democracy, and they're already working on a 3rd album with the current line up to advance some work?

I mean when you look at it, it's possible. We heard all this rumors that there's other songs out there floating around in some form. By now we're sure that Atlas Shrugged was already finished in 2008, since they have almost released it on Chinese Democracy.

There's probably other songs that are finished. Silkworms, The General, Jackie Chan are probably finished as well.

What do you think?

If some sort of deal is worked out then yes the band could be one step ahead because I'm guessing a lot of material is finished and just needs releasing.

I think so as well. I think most people don't realize that. There's a lot of songs that are probably finished by now and can be released any time. I think the waiting is just their strategy (the label) to try to make another huge deal (like the Best Buy), and meanwhile they're probably recording new songs with the current band.

If some sort of deal is worked out then yes the band could be one step ahead because I'm guessing a lot of material is finished and just needs releasing.

I think so as well. I think most people don't realize that. There's a lot of songs that are probably finished by now and can be released any time. I think the waiting is just their strategy (the label) to try to make another huge deal (like the Best Buy), and meanwhile they're probably recording new songs with the current band.

I agree. Although I think they will struggle securing the same kind of deal as the Best Buy deal.

• Like 1

Possibly, it's kind of the lyrics and vocals that make a record. I don't mean in terms of being finished. But in being different to the last one. If CD songs were about certain things in 99. Then maybe Axl was writing lyrics about different things for subsequent records. In 2009 say I didn't see the Axl Rose of TIL or Madagascar. CD seems like the braids and football jersey era. I dont think we've heard 2004 Axl, 2006, or 2009. it's all late 90s Axl.

I agree. Although I think they will struggle securing the same kind of deal as the Best Buy deal.

Exactly, and i think that's probably what's holding up

if they had the album finished, someone would already let it slip. they don't live in a vacuum

Not if they haven't delivered it to the record company. Once an album gets delivered to the record companies, that's where the danger of songs being leaked starts. (Unloyal employees and such)

One step ahead for this band would be to, I don't know, living in the year 2004 already or so? And that would be if they were trying really hard.

They have some catching up to do. but I think everyone is ready for it. Everyone except the gingerheaded One.

I think it comes down to Axl not wanting the record company to surrender the master tapes of all the unreleased stuff to Universal, in case he had a better offer from another record company. I doubt he has anything to worry about, but it's better than getting a letter saying "hey, we own those tapes" and being dicks about it. He'll turn in a finished album that might not have heavy promotion or fly off shelves, but it'll be handled in a much better way.

The band's been coming up with ideas for GNR, they always do, but it sounds like time goes by and they just opt to record it than present Axl with it, or he heard it and declined it.