Were there any especially great moments you wish you could have photographed?

I wish I would have shot more backstage stuff. For me it was about getting them on stage, thats were all the energy was. It was like a high for me. That was my drug shooting the band live. I also wish I had shot them in the studio while they were making AFD. Robert John was doing it so at least it was getting done. My plan was to fill in with Robert's stuff for what I didn't have but I made the mistake by not getting them back in 1994 from him. By the time I was ready to get them Axl had control of them because he bought them all from Robert. I did ask del to pick me out some from the studio but the answer was no. Who would have thought that I would not have access to this stuff when I needed it?

Edited by recklessroad

that was in 1994 already? back then Del said "no"??
Axl also bought lots of other pics from Robert somewhere during Merck-manager times (where Merck didnt pay Robert and Robert had to sue Axl camp to get his money). with all these stories (pics, Reckless Road-release, Hollywood Rose-release, Rapidfire, HOF, band members aint really allowed to talk about Guns' plans)...isnt it safe to say that Axl just doesnt want to have ANYTHING being released from his past?

Yes, there was this big feud between John and Axl. You seem to have been caught in the crossfire.

Marc, is there some good pictures from the afd sessions in John's collection as his book does not contain that many(shot of Axl in Take 1. One or two others). Are there many more we have not seen?

that was in 1994 already? back then Del said "no"??

Axl also bought lots of other pics from Robert somewhere during Merck-manager times (where Merck didnt pay Robert and Robert had to sue Axl camp to get his money). with all these stories (pics, Reckless Road-release, Hollywood Rose-release, Rapidfire, HOF, band members aint really allowed to talk about Guns' plans)...isnt it safe to say that Axl just doesnt want to have ANYTHING being released from his past

No it was in spring of 2007. In 1994 Robert still had control of his photos and would have given me anything I needed. Also until the split Axl would have also given me anything I needed. You are right about Axl now he doesn't want anything out from his past and was even willing to give up a really good friend because of it.

Yes, there was this big feud between John and Axl. You seem to have been caught in the crossfire.

Marc, is there some good pictures from the afd sessions in John's collection as his book does not contain that many(shot of Axl in Take 1. One or two others). Are there many more we have not seen?

I don't know, I never looked at Robert's stuff from the studio. except what's in his book.

Edited by recklessroad