The Shield (spoilers)

PappyTron

I just got done watching this show after putting it off for such a long time, and I'm super glad that I finally watched it.

I was talking with Gia about this (during a post-coital cigarette, no less) and we both agreed that the final episode of The Shield was much stronger than that of Breaking Bad. It was the final betrayal by Mackey that really pushed it over the edge, as well as the conclusion to The Ballad Of Shane And Mara - what a punch to the stomach that was.

Anyone else fancy chatting about The Shield?

Edited by PappyTron
  • Like 1

I think out of everyone, the one I felt sorry for the most was ronnie

He's the one that's gonna end up in jail, along with people he put in there

he was the most loyal, and he got the most fucked...

"Vic, what did you do?!!!!"

"Ronnie, I'm sorry - It's for my family"

"WE WERE GONNA RUN AWAY... TOGETHER!!!"

:(

Damn Macky

Have a favorite storyline Pappy?

Damn Macky

Favourite storyline was most definitely The Ballad Of Shane And Mara (as I like to call it). It left me pretty busted up and drained, to be honest. I absolutely hated Shane up until the point where Vic and Ronnie set him up to be killed by the Mexicans and wanted him to come to a sticky end pretty much right from the beginning of the show (his treatment of Tayvon, dealing with Antwon Mitchell etc, etc), but seeing him try and do everything he could to protect Vic's family (before Vic set him up) and then his own, leading to how his story ended....urgh.

Damn Macky

Favourite storyline was most definitely The Ballad Of Shane And Mara (as I like to call it). It left me pretty busted up and drained, to be honest. I absolutely hated Shane up until the point where Vic and Ronnie set him up to be killed by the Mexicans and wanted him to come to a sticky end pretty much right from the beginning of the show (his treatment of Tayvon, dealing with Antwon Mitchell etc, etc), but seeing him try and do everything he could to protect Vic's family (before Vic set him up) and then his own, leading to how his story ended....urgh.

I really think the shield is underrated.... the writing is incredible

It was like what was said by Walton Goggins, the show is not black and white.. there are no good or bad guys it's all grey

It's like Shane and Mara, Vic and everyone kinda made us despise Mara, but truth was, she was the one who had Shane's back completely and loved him regardless of his faults.

It left you feeling empty with their murder suicide. But Shane got the last word when he told Vic that at least he had a family, not a family who turned on him.

When Claudette reads that letter and says "I wish I never met him" that was tough.

My favorite were moments with Dutch and the serial killers. I also liked when Vic got involved with Claudette's cases and got shit DONE

Yeah, Claudette reading the letter was great - no punches pulled. I also liked when Vic realised that she was watching him in the interview room so he yanked the camera off of the wall and, cockily sneers at her "you can bill me for it". She looks right back at him and without batting an eyelid says "fine; the first payment's due now" and nods to Dutch to go and arrest Ronnie! Bad-ass.

Oyh, yeah; his wife's comment that it wasn't her that was raped was mucho bitchy!

I felt sorry for him, at the time, but Assinvader always came across as looking out for his career above all else, and he was more than willing to break the law when it was convenient and then get high and holy afterwards.

Oyh, yeah; his wife's comment that it wasn't her that was raped was mucho bitchy!

I felt sorry for him, at the time, but Assinvader always came across as looking out for his career above all else, and he was more than willing to break the law when it was convenient and then get high and holy afterwards.

I just remember her being more annoyed at the whole situation than sorry for him

I loved Vick and Aceveda's love hate relationship. Acedveda was just like any politiician, only looking out for himself. There were times that he had Vicks back that even surprised me

Gilroy was hilarious though... :lol: