Let It Be VS Civil War

Ace Nova

Let It Be VS Civil War  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Len B'stard

Oh my God, what is WRONG with you people?!?! :lol:

Oh my God, what is WRONG with you people?!?! :lol:

Is that a more or less blind fanboy gushing reaction or do actually know what you're talking about enough to give a cogent argument as to why and on what terms Let It Be is so supposedly superior to Civil War?

I don't know what it is about your posts but you always sound to me like the boring miserable bastard on this planet. I don't think i've once seen you amused or...particularly anything other than slightly stuffy and annoyed sounding, is everything okay? :lol: I mean generally speaking? Is it just me or are you like this in life too by and large? :lol: Just curious! It was actually something of a joke but clearly thats escaped you, the joke being that Let It Be is like almost a marker in the history of modern popular music performed by this band that are like the holy grail of bands in the history of popular music and Civil War is a largely (relatively) forgotten heavy handed cheesy rock song by an 80s rock n roll band, hence the exclaiming 'WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!', humour levity i believe its called, was it really that complicated to understand? It wasn't, was it? And do i really have to write you a thesis every time, you do this with me quite often, i sure hope you're taking notes young man :lol:...and since you've asked, here goes.

Cuz it has better lyrics, it has an actual melody that isn't completely drowned out, it isn't corny and poorly written, it's lyrics aren't a bunch of loosely collected soundbytes tied together with vague references to historical acts and war, it's not desperately unimaginative lyrically, CV hasn't really stood the test of time as Let It Be has, CV is a helluva lot lesser known despite having similar platforms of exposure...would you like me to continue? I mean i used to get whinged at for long posts so I've cut them down but i could easily go a few pages in explaining this to you.

But yeah, key points melody drowned out by damagingly heavy handed guitar work (which on its own is very good by the way) and just really really really poor lyrics. Thats why CV ain't as good as Let It Be.

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...