Favorite Biopics

Good calls on Ivan the Terrible I and II and Alexander Nevsky. Though Nevsky was more propaganda. Battle of the Ice was a great sequence for its time.

Gandhi was good, even though it was really long

Sergei Bodrov's Mongol was great but it ends right before Genghis Khan starts his bloody conquest of Asia.

And I thought I'm Not There was terrible. A stinking pile of garbage.

And I thought I'm Not There was terrible. A stinking pile of garbage.

Why do you think that

Because it is not even a biopic, just an glorified student film. If you want to make a film about Bob Dylan, just make a movie, not cast different people as characters "inspired" by his music. As good as the cast was, the film itself was shit. And I don't care how much praise it got.

Couldn't get away with Mongol and knocked it off half-way through. Might have another attempt at some stage.

Second half was the best part. They've been talking about making a sequel for years.

Braveheart is another biopic I enjoy. So well done I forgive the kilts and the fact that Battle of Stirling Bridge took place on an open field and not a bridge.

You had me until you mentioned Braveheart, yanks love Braveheart, don't they (more so than Scotsman I feel who feel slightly embarrassed by the whole affair) - reminds them of the Yank Revolution: 'FREEDOM'?

I did mention the inaccuracies. If a more accurate version of the story of William Wallace was made, I'd watch it.