Any RPG players here?

Gia

So I want to start playing RPG games but I want Playstation two or below (so no Xbox shit)

any good games that I haven't played?

I liked

Final Fantasty

Suikoden

pretty much anything from square soft :lol:

any recommendations would be great

Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2

thank you so much for the recommendation but I played those games and they are awful

Please don't hate me :lol:

@Bran I have played chrono everything loll but I never heatd of land stalkers so it's a bit of my obsession lol thank you so much!!!

Legend Of Mana - PSX

Secret Of Mana 2/ Seiken Densetsu 3 (Get a SNES emullator)

Final Fantasy 1 (Try GBA version)

Final Fantasy 3 (NES and DS versions are both good)

Final Fantasy 4 (2 in USA) & 5 & 6 - GBA or SNES

Final Fantasy Tactics PSX and There's also a GBA version

Final Fantasy 7, 8 & 9 - PSX

Legend Of Dragoon - PSX

Valkyrie Profile (PSX)

Tales of Phantasia (SNES, PSX, GBA)

Tales Of Destiny 1 & 2 (Eternia in Japan) - PSX

Tales Of Symphonia (Gamecube or PS2)

Quest 64 (N64)... not that bad...

Ogre Battle 64 Person Of Lordly Caliber - N64

Breath Of Fire Series (Snes, PSX -2, GBA)

Vagrant Story - PSX

Technically not an RPG, but it's an awesome game for PSX by Square:

Brave Fencer Musashi

I hate pc but I'll give it a try

I forgot the name of it but I played a game where you had to hide from monsters ... it was a lot of fun

PC is great, I think I know what game you're talking about, its like a 19 century house/cave or something and you never seen the monster right?

Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2

Great games.

Final Fantasy 1 (Try GBA version)

Final Fantasy 3 (NES and DS versions are both good)

Final Fantasy 4 (2 in USA) & 5 & 6 - GBA or SNES

Final Fantasy Tactics PSX and There's also a GBA version

Final Fantasy 7, 8 & 9 - PSX

Legend Of Dragoon - PSX

Yes! Legend of Dragoon mention. FF series is great, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, can be played on either GBA (get an emulator) or iOS/Android. There is also Final Fantasy: Dimensions for iOS/Android. Chewie covered them all, except FF10 (probably in my top two favorite FF's) which is for PS2. Also, I'm pretty sure FF: Tactics (PSX) and FF: Tactics Advance (GBA) are two different games, just using similar battle systems.

And, can't believed no one's mentioned these yet: Golden Sun's 1 & 2. There is a third for DS (3DS?), never played it. There's also Fire Emblem's 6, 7, and 8 for GBA. Golden Sun might just be my favorite RPG ever, slightly above FF and FE, but I love all of those series. And of course the Pokemon games are RPG's.

Bran, I disagree that the best RPG's are on PC. I will always fight for PC > console in terms of gaming experience, but almost all of my favorite RPG's can be played on (or are only played on) handheld systems.

Edited by OmarBradley

The Fire Emblem series is great, but it's also a Nintendo franchise so it's not on Playstation.

Playstation 3 has a massive amount of Japanese RPG's. You can play pretty much every Final Fantasy game on it besides Final Fantasy XII (X and X-2 have an HD remaster coming out in March). The Tales Of series also has a lot of games on the PS3. Tales of Graces f has an insanely fun battle system and great character interactions. I'm currently playing Tales of Xillia which is also fun but not quite as good as Graces f imo. Tales of Symphonia (mentioned above) and its sequel also have an HD remaster coming out on the PS3 sometime in February. Valkyria Chronicles is a really fun strategy RPG set in a world based around WW2 Europe. Very fun game that has a lot of fans. Persona 3 FES is available on the Playstation Store, I think, which is a good one. A lot of the great PS1 RPG's are available on the Playstation Store. I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, but Ni no Kuni is also a very well-received PS3 RPG, with a story and art done by Studio Ghibli.

Re: PC vs. console for RPG's, it basically boils down to if you like WRPG's or JRPG's.

Can't believe I forgot Golden Sun... I lost, like 3 days trying to get the kikuichimonji in the first game.

Shining Force like FE is also a great series of Strategy RPG's. Genesis BTW.

Yeah, I got pretty lucky, I think it only took me 1-2 hours. Don't remember what monster dropped it, but it was definitely in the Venus Lighthouse, I think. Both of those games were just so good, the second might even have been better than the first; a rare occurrence.

Anyway, I'm almost done with the FF series, just have 4: After Years and then planning on redoing VII via the new PC version. After that I'll have to move onto a new series, already redid GS and FE about a year ago. I'll check out Shining Force. I'd love to play the PS3 remake of FFX, but it's packaged with a FFX-2 remake, and I didn't even finish the original X-2... I'll wait till it devalues a bit. I'll have to bookmark this thread in general, this is the best centralized list of good RPG's I've seen in a while (thanks Gia :P ).

Also, if anyone is thinking about playing Zenonia on iOS/Android: don't bother, there are a million better RPG's out there.

Edited by OmarBradley

I played WoW for a bit. Started in like 07 or 08 on a free trial on vacation. Always thought it would be one of those dork games but was surprised that it was so addictive. PvP is fun but the whole dungeon thing gets stupid at times. Especially the raids. The actual "role players" in the game need to get a life. Quit it once they destroyed twinking and added fuckin pandas. I'll occasionally play the 10 day free trial whenever they offer it to my account.

anyone else play Mass Effect?

I love the cinematics in the game, makes it a real immersive experience. Great multiplayer too.

I also play/played WoW. I usually take big gaps and then have a few weeks where I hit it hard, usually so much changes between my log ins that it requires hours of downloading and installing patches... this annoys me.

I also play/played WoW. I usually take big gaps and then have a few weeks where I hit it hard, usually so much changes between my log ins that it requires hours of downloading and installing patches... this annoys me.

What the...

Are you using dial-up or something? After they updated their installer years ago and peer to peer on, updates shouldn't take longer than a couple of minutes.