Bigelf new record "Into the Maelstrom"

wasted

Kind of hard describe. heavily 70s influenced, but seems very prog metal. I hear Beatles and ELO, Bolan in amongst all the riffs and solos and yeah, yeah, yeahs.

Nerdy, rocking, Big choruses, Big solos, keyboard excess, rocking pretty hard on Control Freak, Alien Frequency, Already Gone.

Kind of moderately insane but commercial at the same time.

Kind of hard describe. heavily 70s influenced, but seems very prog metal. I hear Beatles and ELO, Bolan in amongst all the riffs and solos and yeah, yeah, yeahs.

Nerdy, rocking, Big choruses, Big solos, keyboard excess, rocking pretty hard on Control Freak, Alien Frequency, Already Gone.

and here i was thinking no one on this forum would like bigelf, this album is pretty fucking awesome, the way i described it to my roommate was its like a mix of the beatles, floyd and black sabbath...plus mike portnoy is playing the drums on it....the last album was great too, cheat the gallows

and here i was thinking no one on this forum would like bigelf, this album is pretty fucking awesome, the way i described it to my roommate was its like a mix of the beatles, floyd and black sabbath...plus mike portnoy is playing the drums on it....the last album was great too, cheat the gallows

I'm surprised this record isn't getting more attention. Lots of heavy and bizarre tunes. It's almost like these songs have always existed.

I'm surprised this record isn't getting more attention. Lots of heavy and bizarre tunes. It's almost like these songs have always existed.

i agree man, but prog type releases tend to be ignored by the mainstream, even if they sound as good as bigelf haha

i agree man, but prog type releases tend to be ignored by the mainstream, even if they sound as good as bigelf haha

I guess it is prog but it's like the 3D movie of Prog. It seems pretty commercial like it could crossover if Already Gone was a hit.

• 3 weeks later...

Heads in the sky and ain't coming down you can't find me I'm under the radar!

good to see your still digging this record man, btw have you ever seen these guys live? i saw them open for dream theater a few years back and they were great for an opening band

Heads in the sky and ain't coming down you can't find me I'm under the radar!

good to see your still digging this record man, btw have you ever seen these guys live? i saw them open for dream theater a few years back and they were great for an opening band

I'd probably go if I had the chance. I need to check out their other records. I see this record as their Nevermind. I need to check out Cheat the Gallows.

They've been going since early 90s, so they may have been passed over. When did they start to do this more pop inflected goofy prog metal? I feel like they nailed the zeitgeist. like Jack Black endorsed prog metal for Google interns.

• Like 1