Has anyone here ever consumed ayahuasca?

Guest NGOG

Not to sound like an internet tough guy, but I'm a pretty experienced tripper ( LSD, mushrooms, brugmansia, salvia divinorum ) and DMT is just incredible.

It's not something you would smoke every weekend, in fact once was enough for me- definite life changing experience.

Care to share your DMT experience? I'm always intrigued by these stories and try to compare to what i've experienced with acid and shrooms in the past. (Sorry for off-topic non-ayahuasca talk OP)

This ayahuasca concoction has DMT in it apparently (I'd never heard of it before this bloke died)

Well first of all, me and a couple of my friends are "seasoned trippers" or whatever, I would not recommend anybody try DMT (or this ayahuasca stuff) unless you have experienced bad tripping, where you freak out and lose your shit...I'm thankful I never tried DMT until I "knew the score" when on a bad trip- I think you need to be able to talk yourself down.

Also worth mentioning that thankfully my friend wouldn't have let me try it unprepared.

I thought I was a pro before smoking DMT and it just blew me out of the park.

Besides cactus and LSD etc, Salvia Divinorum (diviner's sage) would be something I'd recommend becoming familiar with before DMT because it is also sort of similar in ways, though nowhere near as full on.

Anyway, my mate set up a quiet room with a mattress on the ground- no distractions.

I meditated for a while to try and clear out as much nervous and negative energy as possible- would not recommend trying it unfocused.

I sat cross legged, lit up the pipe and pretty much as soon as it left my lips it hit like a ton of bricks.

I lay back on the mattress in slow mo, closed my eyes and you know how you can see patterns and trails etc when on acid?

There were grids and grids of translucent ohms, blasting into my consciousness and it just got more and more intense- this was already more intense than anything I'd ever tried.

It built up into this crescendo of shapes and lights and it was so fucking extreme- I was genuinely terrified and started reeling myself back in.

Then it sort of flatlined and felt like I was out of my body.

In my mind's eye, it was like I was going through a nebula or something- this swirling "tunnel" of energy or emotion.

I was going down the middle, and on my left there was dark, negative emotion/energy and good/light on my right.

For a moment or two, I felt sucked towards the horrible shit to the left- I started thinking of real, unconditional love like my dogs and sort of pulled right out of it.

I felt like all of my ancestors, pets...everything sort of whispering and reassuring me without any words being spoken and then I felt amazingly calm.

Everything was smooth then, and I just blasted along this tunnel feeling euphoria..." in real life" I was smiling heavily and began sort of doing the motions for making a snow angel with my arms on the ground- blissfully peaking out.

I was sort of mumbling shit like " fuuuuuuccckkk, wooooow" and it was sort of slowly wearing off.

After a couple of minutes it was over, and I lay there totally blissed out for a few minutes.

It's completely out of your system in a few minutes, there's no "come down" or anything.

If this aya whatever stuff is anywhere as intense as DMT (sounds stronger to me) I could imagine someone unprepared for it having a heart attack.

edit: smoke DMT Lithium

Fuckin' awesome.

Can't really say that anything i've done in the past can compare, but i'll take everyone's word who has actually had a DMT experience. Really wanna try it. I've had some pretty intense trips on shrooms and acid, and have smoked salvia a few times before, and the last time I did was absolutely no fun at all and was a horrible trip. You know that "time is of no essence" thing while tripping sometimes? Salvia hit me with this tenfold harder than shrooms or acid ever has.... very surprising because I'd underestimated salvia like a motherfucker since i've tripped before smoking it. Salvia gave me this weird type of feeling not really comparable to shrooms, like I remember exhaling and immediately zoning out into a corner of the room and started warping into it like I was becoming part of the wall.... all the while I felt like I was a page in a book, trying to be turned... which felt like HOURS.... if that makes any sense at all :lol: Really hard to explain but it wasn't enjoyable.

I was acutely aware that everything on and in this Earth is somehow alive and we are all somehow connected or made of the same stuff.

I think it's in this podcast where Joe Rogan and Aubrey Marcus say exactly the same thing about their experiences with ayahuasca and DMT (Rogan brings the two up a lot):

I'd be curious to try it, but would be cautious after what you said and that teenager dying.

Big fan of the Rogan/Aubrey podcasts and try to catch them when he is a guest on JRE, always some great discussions from this guy.

i know exactly how you feel about salvia, i felt like i was stuck in a cd case or something, and i didnt like it at all, the worst came on that "legal" weed shit. i think it was called joffery, or jaffery or something like that. i was stuck inside my own head for about 20 minutes, which was quite intense, nothing like mushrooms.

Guest Len B'stard

This shit is basically yage, the stuff Burroughs wrote about/sought out in South America. I'd like to try some actually, is it legal in England? Found a shop online selling it.

Guest NGOG

This shit is basically yage, the stuff Burroughs wrote about/sought out in South America. I'd like to try some actually, is it legal in England? Found a shop online selling it.

There is no way the powers that be would make such an enlightening drug legal. I'm not even sure if the generic term 'drug' can be applied to something like ayahuasca.

I've heard it described as a "death trip" and I felt like I was dying for a little while there, that flatlining bit.

I was acutely aware that everything on and in this Earth is somehow alive and we are all somehow connected or made of the same stuff.

It's basically indescribable.

I dont really want to do it again though.

I'm not religious, but after that I'm rather convinced there are "planes" of negative and positive energy that probably fit the bill of Heaven and Hell, and I'm not too keen on the negative one.

I wouldn't want to die full of hate, that much is for sure.

That pretty much sums up the philosophy behind Buddhism. People spend years meditating and training their mind to find their own way naturally to that point you found in minutes with DMT. I guess it's like a journey, which with DMT is forced upon you and you instantly have to respond and go through the mental process in extreme fast forward, with meditation people spend years going through that same journey and mental process but in slow motion. Obviously in fast forward it's something you have to be prepared for and be able to cope with it. In slow motion you take it as slow as you want and need.

People who don't understand meditation believe its all about relaxing and being calm but it can often be a very painful experience if you're dealing with some really hard emotional stuff. But it's about understanding and then purging those emotions in order to make peace with who and what we are. To be free from suffering. To make that connection as you described "that everything on and in this Earth is somehow alive and we are all somehow connected or made of the same stuff". No fear of dying, no room inside us for anger, hate and negativity.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'd never heard of the drug before and its amazing the affect it had on you. I'm not a seasoned drug user, not with regards to acid or trips or anything like that. Never touched the stuff and have never even smoked pot, so I don't imagine it would be a great thing for me to try as interesting as it sounds. Think I'll stick with my slow motion route to the same place with meditation. :)

I've heard it described as a "death trip" and I felt like I was dying for a little while there, that flatlining bit.

It's basically indescribable.

I dont really want to do it again though.

I'm not religious, but after that I'm rather convinced there are "planes" of negative and positive energy that probably fit the bill of Heaven and Hell, and I'm not too keen on the negative one.

I wouldn't want to die full of hate, that much is for sure.

That pretty much sums up the philosophy behind Buddhism. People spend years meditating and training their mind to find their own way naturally to that point you found in minutes with DMT. I guess it's like a journey, which with DMT is forced upon you and you instantly have to respond and go through the mental process in extreme fast forward, with meditation people spend years going through that same journey and mental process but in slow motion. Obviously in fast forward it's something you have to be prepared for and be able to cope with it. In slow motion you take it as slow as you want and need.

People who don't understand meditation believe its all about relaxing and being calm but it can often be a very painful experience if you're dealing with some really hard emotional stuff. But it's about understanding and then purging those emotions in order to make peace with who and what we are. To be free from suffering. To make that connection as you described "that everything on and in this Earth is somehow alive and we are all somehow connected or made of the same stuff". No fear of dying, no room inside us for anger, hate and negativity.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'd never heard of the drug before and its amazing the affect it had on you. I'm not a seasoned drug user, not with regards to acid or trips or anything like that. Never touched the stuff and have never even smoked pot, so I don't imagine it would be a great thing for me to try as interesting as it sounds. Think I'll stick with my slow motion route to the same place with meditation. :)

The friend that gave me the DMT was saying how it's basically a way of cheating to temporary enlightenment or whatever, how someone like the Dalai Lama is already there- I think the DL has actually spoken about DMT or mind expanders at least.

He attends the Dalai Lama's shindigs when he comes.

Stuff like LSD and San Pedro cactus or whatever sort of give you a glimpse, DMT seems to take the blinkers off completely...that's how I'd put it.

It's hard not so sound like a wanker talking about it, in fact it's not something I can talk to people about generally...I will say that I think Buddhists know what's going on.

The friend that gave me the DMT was saying how it's basically a way of cheating to temporary enlightenment or whatever, how someone like the Dalai Lama is already there- I think the DL has actually spoken about DMT or mind expanders at least.

He attends the Dalai Lama's shindigs when he comes.

Stuff like LSD and San Pedro cactus or whatever sort of give you a glimpse, DMT seems to take the blinkers off completely...that's how I'd put it.

It's hard not so sound like a wanker talking about it, in fact it's not something I can talk to people about generally...I will say that I think Buddhists know what's going on.

I was generally pretty sceptical of the whole thing as 'hippy shit' before I met someone who has become a really good friend and whom I respect deeply. He introduced me to the benefits of meditation. Since then I've learnt a bit about Buddhism and you're right, they know what's going on. :)