Has anyone here ever consumed ayahuasca?

Guest NGOG

People who have consumed ayahuasca report having spiritual revelations regarding their purpose on earth, the true nature of the universe as well as deep insight into how to be the best person they possibly can.[2] This is viewed by many as a spiritual awakening and what is often described as a rebirth.[3] In addition, it is often reported that individuals feel they gain access to higher spiritual dimensions and make contact with various spiritual or extra dimensional beings who can act as guides or healers.[4]

Author Don Jose Campos claims that people may experience profound positive life changes subsequent to consuming ayahuasca[5] and Ralph Metzer states it is often viewed[weasel words] as one of the most effective tools of enlightenment.[6] Vomiting can follow ayahuasca ingestion; this purging is considered by many shamans and experienced users of ayahuasca to be an essential part of the experience as it represents the release of negative energy and emotions built up over the course of one's life.[7] Other such reports of this purging has come in the form of nausea, diarrhea, and hot/cold flushes.

Sounds cool.

Not to sound like an internet tough guy, but I'm a pretty experienced tripper ( LSD, mushrooms, brugmansia, salvia divinorum ) and DMT is just incredible.

It's not something you would smoke every weekend, in fact once was enough for me- definite life changing experience.

• Like 1

Not to sound like an internet tough guy, but I'm a pretty experienced tripper ( LSD, mushrooms, brugmansia, salvia divinorum ) and DMT is just incredible.

It's not something you would smoke every weekend, in fact once was enough for me- definite life changing experience.

Care to share your DMT experience? I'm always intrigued by these stories and try to compare to what i've experienced with acid and shrooms in the past. (Sorry for off-topic non-ayahuasca talk OP)

How did it change your life?

It sort of puts you (or me, anyway) in your place.

Within reason, I don't feel so afraid of passing away anymore...words cant really explain it but it just dissolved or let me get rid of so much anger and negative emotion I'd carried around for years.

(Sorry for off-topic non-ayahuasca talk OP)

DMT and ayahuasca are the same drug though. Only difference is the ayahuasca vine contains an enzyme that means it can be ingested orally. I've always found it fascinating that the indiginous tribes of the Amazon were able to identify the ONE plant in the entire forest that contains this enzyme. 5000 years ago.

• Like 2

DMT and ayahuasca are the same drug though. Only difference is the ayahuasca vine contains an enzyme that means it can be ingested orally. I've always found it fascinating that the indiginous tribes of the Amazon were able to identify the ONE plant in the entire forest that contains this enzyme. 5000 years ago.

Yep you're right, the ayahuasca brew primarily contains large amounts of DMT. Think about all the other plants they must have consumed before finding all of the good stuff :lol:

What's more striking is how it's actually 2 plants, one which contains DMT (but is inactive if consumed alone), and the other is a MAOI (monoamine oxidase inhibitor), so the two are brewed together to make ayahuasca. How the fuck they figured that out is unbelievable.

I still can't figure out how humans came up with whiskey.

Care to share your DMT experience? I'm always intrigued by these stories and try to compare to what i've experienced with acid and shrooms in the past. (Sorry for off-topic non-ayahuasca talk OP)

This ayahuasca concoction has DMT in it apparently (I'd never heard of it before this bloke died)

Well first of all, me and a couple of my friends are "seasoned trippers" or whatever, I would not recommend anybody try DMT (or this ayahuasca stuff) unless you have experienced bad tripping, where you freak out and lose your shit...I'm thankful I never tried DMT until I "knew the score" when on a bad trip- I think you need to be able to talk yourself down.

Also worth mentioning that thankfully my friend wouldn't have let me try it unprepared.

I thought I was a pro before smoking DMT and it just blew me out of the park.

Besides cactus and LSD etc, Salvia Divinorum (diviner's sage) would be something I'd recommend becoming familiar with before DMT because it is also sort of similar in ways, though nowhere near as full on.

Anyway, my mate set up a quiet room with a mattress on the ground- no distractions.

I meditated for a while to try and clear out as much nervous and negative energy as possible- would not recommend trying it unfocused.

I sat cross legged, lit up the pipe and pretty much as soon as it left my lips it hit like a ton of bricks.

I lay back on the mattress in slow mo, closed my eyes and you know how you can see patterns and trails etc when on acid?

There were grids and grids of translucent ohms, blasting into my consciousness and it just got more and more intense- this was already more intense than anything I'd ever tried.

It built up into this crescendo of shapes and lights and it was so fucking extreme- I was genuinely terrified and started reeling myself back in.

Then it sort of flatlined and felt like I was out of my body.

In my mind's eye, it was like I was going through a nebula or something- this swirling "tunnel" of energy or emotion.

I was going down the middle, and on my left there was dark, negative emotion/energy and good/light on my right.

For a moment or two, I felt sucked towards the horrible shit to the left- I started thinking of real, unconditional love like my dogs and sort of pulled right out of it.

I felt like all of my ancestors, pets...everything sort of whispering and reassuring me without any words being spoken and then I felt amazingly calm.

Everything was smooth then, and I just blasted along this tunnel feeling euphoria..." in real life" I was smiling heavily and began sort of doing the motions for making a snow angel with my arms on the ground- blissfully peaking out.

I was sort of mumbling shit like " fuuuuuuccckkk, wooooow" and it was sort of slowly wearing off.

After a couple of minutes it was over, and I lay there totally blissed out for a few minutes.

It's completely out of your system in a few minutes, there's no "come down" or anything.

If this aya whatever stuff is anywhere as intense as DMT (sounds stronger to me) I could imagine someone unprepared for it having a heart attack.

edit: smoke DMT Lithium

Edited by DR DOOM
  • Like 4

I've heard it described as a "death trip" and I felt like I was dying for a little while there, that flatlining bit.

I was acutely aware that everything on and in this Earth is somehow alive and we are all somehow connected or made of the same stuff.

It's basically indescribable.

I dont really want to do it again though.

I'm not religious, but after that I'm rather convinced there are "planes" of negative and positive energy that probably fit the bill of Heaven and Hell, and I'm not too keen on the negative one.

I wouldn't want to die full of hate, that much is for sure.

Edited by DR DOOM

I was acutely aware that everything on and in this Earth is somehow alive and we are all somehow connected or made of the same stuff.

I think it's in this podcast where Joe Rogan and Aubrey Marcus say exactly the same thing about their experiences with ayahuasca and DMT (Rogan brings the two up a lot):

I'd be curious to try it, but would be cautious after what you said and that teenager dying.

• Like 1

This ayahuasca concoction has DMT in it apparently (I'd never heard of it before this bloke died)

Well first of all, me and a couple of my friends are "seasoned trippers" or whatever, I would not recommend anybody try DMT (or this ayahuasca stuff) unless you have experienced bad tripping, where you freak out and lose your shit...I'm thankful I never tried DMT until I "knew the score" when on a bad trip- I think you need to be able to talk yourself down.

Also worth mentioning that thankfully my friend wouldn't have let me try it unprepared.

I thought I was a pro before smoking DMT and it just blew me out of the park.

Besides cactus and LSD etc, Salvia Divinorum (diviner's sage) would be something I'd recommend becoming familiar with before DMT because it is also sort of similar in ways, though nowhere near as full on.

Anyway, my mate set up a quiet room with a mattress on the ground- no distractions.

I meditated for a while to try and clear out as much nervous and negative energy as possible- would not recommend trying it unfocused.

I sat cross legged, lit up the pipe and pretty much as soon as it left my lips it hit like a ton of bricks.

I lay back on the mattress in slow mo, closed my eyes and you know how you can see patterns and trails etc when on acid?

There were grids and grids of translucent ohms, blasting into my consciousness and it just got more and more intense- this was already more intense than anything I'd ever tried.

It built up into this crescendo of shapes and lights and it was so fucking extreme- I was genuinely terrified and started reeling myself back in.

Then it sort of flatlined and felt like I was out of my body.

In my mind's eye, it was like I was going through a nebula or something- this swirling "tunnel" of energy or emotion.

I was going down the middle, and on my left there was dark, negative emotion/energy and good/light on my right.

For a moment or two, I felt sucked towards the horrible shit to the left- I started thinking of real, unconditional love like my dogs and sort of pulled right out of it.

I felt like all of my ancestors, pets...everything sort of whispering and reassuring me without any words being spoken and then I felt amazingly calm.

Everything was smooth then, and I just blasted along this tunnel feeling euphoria..." in real life" I was smiling heavily and began sort of doing the motions for making a snow angel with my arms on the ground- blissfully peaking out.

I was sort of mumbling shit like " fuuuuuuccckkk, wooooow" and it was sort of slowly wearing off.

After a couple of minutes it was over, and I lay there totally blissed out for a few minutes.

It's completely out of your system in a few minutes, there's no "come down" or anything.

If this aya whatever stuff is anywhere as intense as DMT (sounds stronger to me) I could imagine someone unprepared for it having a heart attack.

edit: smoke DMT Lithium

Fuckin' awesome.

Can't really say that anything i've done in the past can compare, but i'll take everyone's word who has actually had a DMT experience. Really wanna try it. I've had some pretty intense trips on shrooms and acid, and have smoked salvia a few times before, and the last time I did was absolutely no fun at all and was a horrible trip. You know that "time is of no essence" thing while tripping sometimes? Salvia hit me with this tenfold harder than shrooms or acid ever has.... very surprising because I'd underestimated salvia like a motherfucker since i've tripped before smoking it. Salvia gave me this weird type of feeling not really comparable to shrooms, like I remember exhaling and immediately zoning out into a corner of the room and started warping into it like I was becoming part of the wall.... all the while I felt like I was a page in a book, trying to be turned... which felt like HOURS.... if that makes any sense at all :lol: Really hard to explain but it wasn't enjoyable.

I think it's in this podcast where Joe Rogan and Aubrey Marcus say exactly the same thing about their experiences with ayahuasca and DMT (Rogan brings the two up a lot):

I'd be curious to try it, but would be cautious after what you said and that teenager dying.

Big fan of the Rogan/Aubrey podcasts and try to catch them when he is a guest on JRE, always some great discussions from this guy.

Thanks for the link Amir, Ill check it out later for sure.

Forsaken I actually (eventually) started coming out in hives after smoking Divinorum, and had some rather unpleasant experiences with it myself, including shit like what you are describing.

I figured it was it's way of telling me it doesn't like me, it reminded me of what Don Juan said to Carlos Castaneda about "little smoke" and it will let you know if it likes you or not.

I'm pretty much done with all that kind of stuff now though, after DMT I dont even enjoy getting stoned.

Edited by DR DOOM
  • Like 1

Big fan of the Rogan/Aubrey podcasts and try to catch them when he is a guest on JRE, always some great discussions from this guy.

The one with Robert Greene is really good, listening to the audiobook of Mastery currently: