Second Olympic sprinter tests positive for performance enhancer

Guest NGOG

Guest NGOG

Asafa Powell and now Tyson Gay, makes you wonder how many Olympic-level athletes haven't attempted doping.

Dorian Yates, the 6-time Mr. Olympia, once claimed that the top athletes in every sport are using performance enhancers. I would say he is right.

Guest Len B'stard

They always have, historically...it's just as time goes by more and more shit comes under the banner of banned PEDs. Ali used to have Cortisone injected into his hands, do that now and you'd get done for it. Loads of big boys are caught at it and it often gets forgotten about, Shane Moseley and Roy Jones being two further examples.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest NGOG

Sport is supposed to be about humans pitting their genetics against one another (which they have trained to master a certain endeavour). When you add drugs to the mix, it's just a disingenuous contest between superhumans.

The governing bodies need to really up their pursuit of cheats. Two of the greatest threats to Bolt, if anybody is actually capable of challenging him, are now banned.

Edited by NGOG

Asafa Powell and now Tyson Gay, makes you wonder how many Olympic-level athletes haven't attempted doping.

Dorian Yates, the 6-time Mr. Olympia, once claimed that the top athletes in every sport are using performance enhancers. I would say he is right.

Yeah, they're all on some type of PEDs. Bolt makes both Powell and Gay his bitches on a regular basis on the tracks - do you think that's solely due to training harder and having better genetics? It's just like with Armstrong - people still believed he was clean even though many of the competitors he destroyed seven years in a row got busted. People are so fucking naive when it comes to this subject - they underestimate exactly how effective things like anabolic steroids and EPO actually are. A clean pro cyclist (some people consider that an oxymoron) has absolutely no chance against a pro cyclist on EPO. it's just not possible, no matter how genetically gifted you are.

I say let them take whatever they want. At the end of the day If a sprinter was somehow able to run 100m in under 9 seconds I wouldn't care what he had taken to do it , you would still be watching a human body go 100m in 9 seconds.

Get all the athletes roided up at the next olympics and let the world records come crashing down.

Guest Len B'stard

Fuck it, i think they should let em use em, why not, if everyones on it then whats it matter? Like Alf Garnett said when asked about PEDs, well if it helps their game, give it to em! If a players well dosed up on cocaine, if he catches an elbow in the mouth, he won't feel it :lol:

I don't buy all this shit about steroids and how it makes a marked difference to the point of it being a massive handicapp. If you're good at what you do you'd get the job done regardless, i remember Mike Tyson being like i don't care if fighters that fight me take steroids, they can take what they want it's not gonna make any difference to the way their tale turns out against me :lol:

Guest NGOG

I say let them take whatever they want. At the end of the day If a sprinter was somehow able to run 100m in under 9 seconds I wouldn't care what he had taken to do it , you would still be watching a human body go 100m in 9 seconds.

Get all the athletes roided up at the next olympics and let the world records come crashing down.

Then it's no longer humans training to evole the boundaries of a sport - which is the essence of the Olympics - the competitors are essentially freaks.

Can you imagine the damage done to a human brain if a boxer is juicing freely?

Edited by NGOG

Then it's no longer humans training to evole the boundaries of a sport - which is the essence of the Olympics - the competitors are essentially freaks.

Can you imagine the damage done to a human brain if a boxer is juicing?

Not freaks really though are they? They would still be humans. If you put a substance into your body your still a human.

I don't buy all this shit about steroids and how it makes a marked difference to the point of it being a massive handicapp. If you're good at what you do you'd get the job done regardless, i remember Mike Tyson being like i don't care if fighters that fight me take steroids, they can take what they want it's not gonna make any difference to the way their tale turns out against me :lol:

Good luck developing enough explosive power in your legs to run the 100m in less than ten seconds or deadlift four digits without using. :lol: Anabolic steroids are incredibly effective.

Mike Tyson was probably on them too.

Guest NGOG

Then with respect, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

As good a boxer as Mike Tyson was, he was notorious for saying things that didn't really have any substance - it was all a mental facade that he knew the greats tend to have. While he may even have juiced himself, if he fought a contender that was freely cycling, he'd be a vegetable.

Edited by NGOG

Guest Len B'stard

Good luck developing enough explosive power in your legs to run the 100m in less than ten seconds or deadlift four digits without using. :lol: Anabolic steroids are incredibly effective.

You fuckin' bodybuilders man, just cuz you're on the shit you think everyone else is, Mike is all natural man, look at Mike as a boy, he was always a big motherfucker. Tyson was on drugs...but they weren't the performance enhancing kind, Tyson was on my kinda drugs :lol:

They're effective like they could make you stronger, faster etc but that shit don't make a lot of odds in boxing, it's the application of them that matters, it's ain't like the 100 metres where it's like here boy, run in a straight line.

Then with respect, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

As good a boxer as Mike Tyson was, he was notorious for saying things that didn't really have any substance - it was all a mental facade that he knew the greats tend to have. While he may even have juiced himself, if he fought a contender that was freely cycling, he'd be a vegetable.

Boxing is about skills and not solely 'attributes'. You're right, i don't know THAT much about steroids and that shit but i know enough to know that you can't buy talent in a pill.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest NGOG

Not freaks really though are they? They would still be humans. If you put a substance into your body your still a human.

If you're a professional athlete that is freely cycling a range of high-quality performance enhancers (that are only available to a select few); you essentially become a superhuman.

Boxing is about skills and not solely 'attributes'. You're right, i don't know THAT much about steroids and that shit but i know enough to know that you can't buy talent in a pill.

We're talking about talented athletes taking performance enhancers, not your average Joe. Edited by NGOG

You fuckin' bodybuilders man, just cuz you're on the shit you think everyone else is, Mike is all natural man, look at Mike as a boy, he was always a big motherfucker. Tyson was on drugs...but they weren't the performance enhancing kind, Tyson was on my kinda drugs :lol:

They're effective like they could make you stronger, faster etc but that shit don't make a lot of odds in boxing, it's the application of them that matters, it's ain't like the 100 metres where it's like here boy, run in a straight line.

As aforementioned - if an athlete is dominant in a sport where his/her competitors are getting busted for PEDs, in all likelihood, he/she is also using. Steroids and EPO are that effective, even in boxing. A boxer on anabolic steroids will be stronger, and if he's also on EPO, his endurance will increase immensely. In other words - he will hit harder and be able to take more punches than his clean opponent due to the steroids, and he will last more rounds because he literally won't get tired due to the EPO. Not to mention the mental aspect of taking steroids - you'll feel like a god when you're on them.

Guest Len B'stard

If you're a professional athlete that is freely cycling a range of high-quality performance enhancers (that are only available to a select few); you essentially become a superhuman.

We're talking about talented athletes taking performance enhancers, not your average Joe.

So it just enhances ability based on pre-existing ability then, thats not really an unfair advantage so much because your talent level will always be what it is, even if you're in the upper percentile of excellence.

As aforementioned - if an athlete is dominant in a sport where his/her competitors are getting busted for PEDs, in all likelihood, he/she is also using. Steroids and EPO are that effective, even in boxing. A boxer on anabolic steroids will be stronger, and if he's also on EPO, his endurance will increase immensely. In other words - he will hit harder and be able to take more punches than his clean opponent due to the steroids, and he will last more rounds because he literally won't get tired due to the EPO. Not to mention the mental aspect of taking steroids - you'll feel like a god when you're on them.

I'd never make a statement like that man, thats really devaluing someones potentially honest hard work to their craft. Everyone assumes these days that people that are excellent are bent on some level with it...but what steroids in Floyd Mayweather on?

Guest NGOG

It enhances your physical and mental potential as an athlete exponentially. Compare a natural bodybuilding champion to the Mr. Olympia.

Edited by NGOG

I'd never make a statement like that man, thats really devaluing someones potentially honest hard work to their craft. Everyone assumes these days that people that are excellent are bent on some level with it...but what steroids in Floyd Mayweather on?

I don't like to say it, but it's what sports history has shown us. Even before PEDs were invented, people still cheated just to get the upper hand on their competitors. It's human nature. I'm not saying that Floyd Mayweather is on PEDs, because it hasn't been proved yet, but I'm saying he probably is, judging by his dominance. For many years, people believed in Lance Armstrong because he kicked cancer's ass and started a huge non-profit organization, and it turned out he took juice and EPO all along. And that was "the most tested athlete in the world" - imagine how much shit other athletes are taking.

Edited by Lithium

Guest Len B'stard

I dunno, i suppose you could be right i mean, i wouldnt put it past any of these motherfuckers...Floyd does like Olympic style testing and USADA and that shit...but then i dont know much about this shit, maybe they can be bought.

Lance Armstrong was a scapegoat.

Yeah, an extremely guilty one :lol:

I dunno, i suppose you could be right i mean, i wouldnt put it past any of these motherfuckers...Floyd does like Olympic style testing and USADA and that shit...but then i dont know much about this shit, maybe they can be bought.

So did Armstrong, Marion Jones and Barry Bonds.

Guest NGOG

Yeah, an extremely guilty one :lol:

You're only extremely guilty when you're caught.

Edited by NGOG

Guest NGOG

That might be the case, but he's still guilty. That's what you get for saying shit like this

I don't admire Armstrong or even like him, but he shouldered the flak for a rotten era in cycling.

That might be the case, but he's still guilty. That's what you get for saying shit like this

I don't admire Armstrong or even like him, but he shouldered the flak for a rotten era in cycling.

Maybe, but again - that's what you get for cheating all those years, in addition to behaving the way he did. He even said it himself in the Oprah interview that he was a bully.