Dj Ashba on best unreleased cd song: " none, or we would have released them"

Guest Gunns

Guest Gunns

before reminding me , I know this is from the live Q&A, but I also think this is definitely worthy of its own thread considering its the only thing anyone gives a shit about.

@deano10jvoh: what's the best unreleased song that the band has heard/played on from CD sessions

richard fortus: there are a few that are going to blow people away Dj ASHBA: none, or we would have released them

(cant seem to find the original tweet)

I'm surprised dj said that, ESPECIALLY after many Gnr members throughout the years have been on the record as saying that their favorite songs haven't even been released yet (I'm thinking pitman and fortus).

Dj just basically took a massive dump on Axls efforts not to mention the other long serving band members, I only hope Axl is reciprocal in his efforts and returns the same favor to dj by not letting him anywhere near the next album.

Let dj pump out his tent full of trash to his fans, I think axl only allowed that at shows because it's like him saying 'let the little kid play with his toys' as a way to keep him interested and distracted from what he wants most.

Edited by Gunns

before reminding me , I know this is from the live Q&A, but I also think this is definitely worthy of its own thread considering its the only thing anyone gives a shit about.

@deano10jvoh: what's the best unreleased song that the band has heard/played on from CD sessions

richard fortus: there are a few that are going to blow people away Dj ASHBA: none, or we would have released them

I'm surprised dj said that, ESPECIALLY after many Gnr members throughout the years have been on the record as saying that their favorite songs haven't even been released yet (I'm thinking pitman and fortus).

Dj just basically took a massive dump on Axls efforts not to mention the other long serving band members, I only hope Axl is reciprocal in his efforts and returns the same favor to dj by not letting him anywhere near the next album.

Let dj pump out his tent full of trash to his fans, I think axl only allowed that at shows because it's like him saying 'let the little kid play with his toys' as a way to keep him interested and distracted from what he wants most.

LOL "the next album"

Guest NGOG

Need to familiarize yourself with the concept of a joke, mate.

They took the piss for 80% of the questions.

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

Yeah you think I would be quiet familiar with it by now considering that same joke has been in the band for the past 6 years.

• Like 1

Guest NGOG

Yeah you think I would be quiet familiar with it by now considering that same joke has been in the band for the past 6 years.

They literally trolled the Q&A, so you shouldn't bother yourself with unnecessary analysis. Dj wasn't seriously implying anything, much like the interview where he jokingly said he'd never listened to Chinese Demoracy.

Guest Gunns

well it seemed like I made the right choice after all when not tuning into it the first time round if it was just a cupcake fest, kinda hard to pick up on the sarcasm from just reading a few tweets here and there but it doesn't surprise me in the least that the band would choose to waste a good opportunity to update their fans.

He was being facetious in his response, and that's not as obvious when the comment is taken out of context in it's own thread. If you read it alongside their other responses, it didn't seem like they were taking the Q&A very seriously.

I think it was a shame, but realistically, they were never going to give people in-depth commentary on unreleased material.

So I'm going to lock the thread - I think you're reading too far into what was said; he wasn't being serious.