Eddie Trunk doing an AMA

Think it's still live, someone asked about Axl on TMS:

"That's an interview that I'd love to do over. We waited a REALLY long time for that interview. And Axl claimed he didn't really know we were there and waiting. So by the time it happened, we were surprised it was even happening and not to make excuses but after sitting for about 15 hours it was certainly not the way we wanted to go into doing an interview like that. But people really loved that we were the first tv show in 15 years to have him on, and people were really excited to see him talk and speak and be Axl Rose. So it was a great moment for the show, and a great score for sure, but it was an interview as someone who prides myself on being a pretty good interviewer after all these years, it was one I'd love to have done over under different circumstances and would like to do a better job. I've never had an issue with him personally, and I saw him just a few weeks ago when we hosted The Golden Gods and Guns n Roses performed in the show that's airing this Saturday, and Axl also gets an award that's given to him by Nicolas Cage, so people will see all that on the Golden Gods this saturday. But he's always been cool by me."

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/268f4b/i_am_eddie_trunk_host_of_vh1s_that_metal_show/

Yeah, when Eddie Trunk interviewed Axl, you could tell all 3 of them were dead tired. I remember them saying they waited in the locker room area until the show was over and still didn't know if Axl would show? He eventually did around 5 am or so.

I really didn't learn anything new in that interview except when Axl talked about the 1991 tour you could tell he still was upset by his manager booking the tour and using Slash's heroin addiction as an excuse too. Then Axl stated how he had a new album to put out too. I bet after that tour Axl had a breakdown. I wouldn't be surprised by it and that's probably why, GNR started it's downward spiral.

I don't think anyone will ever get any real info from Axl. He seems to be very guarded in that interview and any thing he does tell you is usually in the past. The only thing he did say about GNR is that they go out there and give all they have to give. So far that's all there has been to this band.

I will always be a fan of Axl and GNR. I don't like some of the shit he does, but it really doesn't affect my life. I do wish he would continue to write and release music, but if he doesn't, he doesn't .